GW2 SoS from Crystal Desert

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
War:Cat/Rat/Bird
Oversized Douche Bag

GW2 SoS from Crystal Desert

Postby War:Cat/Rat/Bird » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:39 am

Hey guys...
We lost a bunch of NA guild on Crystal Desert...and been getting owned during US prime time from lack of manpower to work with...

Thinking if I can get some some of you guys to port over to CD will be a great help for the server...

Anyone up for this challenge? :D

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:17 pm

I think a lot of servers are seeing gaps in coverage. Our server is constantly running the out manned buff and only 3-4 servers have a regular queue now. Are you playing with friends there War? It may be easier to just move yourself. We originally were on Gates of Madness and switched to IoJ a couple weeks in after hitting 80.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

TrollFunk
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby TrollFunk » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:41 pm

SW:Tor just went Free-To-Play and it's been freakin' swamped with GW2 Kitty's asking everything between heaven and earth regarding the game.

They even managed to crash the Prophecy of Five(my server) today and we had a log in time of almost 30 mins due to the servers being strangled by the new commers/returned cannon fodder.

:-/
"The temperature inside this apple pie is over 1000 degrees. If I squeeze it, a jet of molten bramley apple will squirt out. Could go your way; could go mine. Either way, one of us is going down! - Alan Partridge"

Oversized Douche Bag

Postby War:Cat/Rat/Bird » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:02 am

I do have a couple of friends here...
However been playing with this guild for a while and they are cool people...
only problem is we lost some US guild so during US timezone we get raped big time...

How's IoJ?

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:49 am

Lately during the events we have had gaps in WvW. Primetime we usually zerg the maps once or twice and take everything, but honestly i'm kinda disappointed in our showing last week, taking 3rd again to SoS and SoR...and we are sitting 3rd right now. :toothy10:
Gravelender AKA Elfdropper

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
-Bruce Lee

Jahman the blueberry Shaman - Dragonblight
Elfdroper - Merlin
Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:06 am

IoJ is sucking when the WvW regulars log. When everyone is out and we are actually working together, we can take keeps and maximize points/tick, but once the regulars log out we lose everything on the map. Our night crew either quit and transferred, or they just suck compared to other t1-2 night crews, and our day crew rolls with undermanned ~30% of the time in the 3 BLs, though I'm not sure that's the case in the EBG.
DAoC > WoW
Call me sir.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:36 pm

I think Zera, Ceregon, Filth and I are pretty flexible on servers atm. We have been having to 4-man fractals and dungeons and it's often only 2 or 3 of us in WvW. How many of you guys are there War and what playtime's do you WvW?
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:22 pm

The only hesitation I have about moving to the T1 servers like CD or SoS or SBI is that I don't really like to zerg for more than half an hour or so, and I feel like all I saw from any of those servers, no matter where I was or what I was doing, was a huge zerg.
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:42 pm

I think you mean JQ Chris. CD is a mid tier server. T1 servers like JQ, SoS and SBI it can be challenging to fi d 5 that don't run like bitches. They are programmed to only leave keeps in large groups.

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:34 pm

Oh yeah, I was thinking of JQ, my bad ><
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:58 am

Hey war, how big is your guild and what are their typical play times? We might be interested in switching for a more wvw focused guild. We mostly play between 5pm est and 2am est. Sometimes longer, sometimes shorter, depending on how many people are actually pvping in our guild, which is usually the bwc guys and sometimes a handful of others.
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Oversized Douche Bag

Postby War:Cat/Rat/Bird » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:08 am

left the guild...form 1 on my own...
now my server is collapsing wahahaha...

Anyhow where are most people now...I don't see anyone log in even...

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:03 pm

Were on Kaenig atm but play North American prime-time. Most of us were swooped up by Team Legacy. It's nice we have Warmachine and a lot of the Korean/Filipino guilds that take care of the oceanic time zone. Our new thing is frapsing videos looking for 5 v. 15-20 footage.

Return to “Gaming Discussion”