The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

GW2 + BWE + BWC + Server List =

Postby Hall » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:00 pm

Ran into this gem
http://www.arena.net/blog/choosing-and- ... ild-wars-2

Beta Event Server list :
Let me know where you folks plan to go, as I know jack of shit on any of these servers.

Anvil Rock
Borlis Pass
Yak’s Bend
Henge of Denravi
Maguuma
Sorrow’s Furnace
Kaineng
Jade Quarry
Fort Aspenwood
Ehmry Bay
Ferguson’s Crossing
Darkhaven
Vasburg
Eredon Terrace
Crystal Desert
Tarnished Coast
Steamspur Mountains
Blazeridge Mountains
Isle of Janthir
Sea of Sorrows
Deldrimor
Scavenger’s Causeway
Moladune
Eternal Grove

Oh yea Somethingawful and Pennyarcade are going to Yak's bend.

Night.
[glow=blue]
A WoW Nerd, A DaOC Reject
and a sociopath[/glow]

[glow=blue]"Fucking Doughnut!!!!!, Mock Me??,You Fried Cyclops"[/glow]

m0nty
Pathetic Chode

Postby m0nty » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:36 am

it's only beta so our guild is going to darkhaven :|
The Evil Dead Guild
Alustat/Monty/Racker

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:44 am

We have an email going for this topic right now. The communities on the servers look something like this:

Anvil Rock - 4chan /vg/
Yak’s Bend - Reddit, Yogcast, GW2 Guru
Henge of Denravi - NeoGAF, Guild Wars Reporter
Maguuma - MMORPG.com
Sorrow’s Furnace - Reddit alt, VexX Gaming (PvP), Hearts of Chaos (PvX)
Jade Quarry - PVP, Decisive Action (PvP)
Fort Aspenwood - Penny Arcade
Darkhaven - Reddit, Oceanic alt, Almost Famous (PvP)
Vasburg - joO Binder (PvP)
Crystal Desert - Reddit alt?
Tarnished Coast - Roleplaying, The Gentlemen's Club
Isle of Janthir - Boons & Conditions
Sea of Sorrows - Oceanic, SomethingAwful, Downunder/AUS/NZ

We're thinking Jade Quarry, Fort Aspenwood or Crystal Desert but we're not outright opposed to any server other than Anvil Rock and Yak's Bend.

We'll have a server picked today, anyone that wants to dick around with us is welcome, I think there are going to be 10-25 of us all said and done. But like Monty said, this is beta, so it's not pressing right now.
DAoC > WoW
Call me sir.

Ceregon
Guild Drunk

Postby Ceregon » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:22 am

We just need to go where the best WvW action will be. Gank group time!
Bored.

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:28 am

As of now we are leaning towards Fort Aspenwood, because it looks like the PA guild is only bringing ~ 80ish or so people, which means if there is a cap of 500 people per zone per world in the WvWvW zones, then we won't run into queue issues as quickly as we would if we rolled on a server with 4chan and Reddit people (each of those guilds brought ~ 600-900 people to the TERA open beta that Jim played around in) or Goon Squad (which has 300 individual members minimum).

We feel that will be a pretty big issue in this weekend's beta because of how many people will be trying the game out at odd hours (taking days off from work, coming home early, staying on late, etc.) and we want to make sure we get some real play time into WvW to ensure we are going to like the combat and the system as a whole.

I'm going to say that more likely than not, that is where we will end up for this beta weekend, but if it changes I'll drop by and let everyone know.
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:01 pm

Wow! A post that I didn't start that people are actually replying to? What the fuck, lol! Enjoy the beta fellas, unfortunately I won't be in the country this weekend. Have fun you fucks!
DAOC - WoW - AoC - WAR - Aion - Rift - GW - SW:TOR - GW2

Zera Targaryen - 80 Mesmer
Zera Giantsbane - 80 Thief
Zera Plaguewind - 80 Necro

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:07 pm

I'll make sure I play a thief for at least ten minutes and think of you in the Bahamas while I do it. :D
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:39 pm

Sirion wrote:As of now we are leaning towards Fort Aspenwood, because it looks like the PA guild is only bringing ~ 80ish or so people, which means if there is a cap of 500 people per zone per world in the WvWvW zones, then we won't run into queue issues as quickly as we would if we rolled on a server with 4chan and Reddit people (each of those guilds brought ~ 600-900 people to the TERA open beta that Jim played around in) or Goon Squad (which has 300 individual members minimum).

We feel that will be a pretty big issue in this weekend's beta because of how many people will be trying the game out at odd hours (taking days off from work, coming home early, staying on late, etc.) and we want to make sure we get some real play time into WvW to ensure we are going to like the combat and the system as a whole.

I'm going to say that more likely than not, that is where we will end up for this beta weekend, but if it changes I'll drop by and let everyone know.

OK, I'll tentatively pass around Fort Asswood and it sounds as good as anything else to me. Keep the server choice up to date and well jump in this weekend.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:10 am

To update, I haven't heard anything different from anyone so far, so I'm sure we are going to be playing on F. Aspenwood under Resonance. Look us up if you play on the server, it would be nice to play with you peeps again.
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:18 am

From what I understand you can be a member of more than one guild but can only represent one guild in WvW on your server. Something to consider.

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:21 pm

My guild CYT is going to Yaks Bend.

Sectoid
Pathetic Chode

Postby Sectoid » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:31 am

My brother and I will be on Fort Aspenwood ^^
Kandar/Hamback

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:34 am

I fried my 9800Gt card this week and have been rushing to try to get a new one back in, but someho9w i did and can play!

Jahman#### is my toon, I'll be looking for everyone on Aspenwood.
Gravelender AKA Elfdropper

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
-Bruce Lee

Jahman the blueberry Shaman - Dragonblight
Elfdroper - Merlin
Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:45 am

Well, pretty cool game. I won't say it's the end all of MMO's but we enjoyed it. It has some AoC issues though. Even when grouped it's almost impossible to stay on the same server which is annoying. These gaming company's need to steal Blizzard programmers to figure out how to make an actual seem-less game, which should be expected this day and age. Most of the time you go to a queue which will split up your party. It has a Warhammer-esque world quest event system. I really enjoy the classes themselves. I like how your skills change with your gear and I love the fact you don't just trade blows like your traditional MMO. Strafing actually works in this game.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:53 am

Well, after the weekend was all said and done, I think that everyone that played with us on Fort Aspenwood are converts. Some of them even went so far as to say they would be worried that they would get "too" into the game and that they would be wondering if our keeps were getting ninja'd in the middle of the night (like the old school relic raids in DAoC). I am absolutely positive that Scott, Sean, Jim, and myself will be playing on release. A lot of people from Resonance back on Bleeding Hollow will be playing as well (some of them popped up and I haven't even spoken to them since BH, which was pretty cool).

Unfortunately, my dilemma about which class to play has not been rectified. I played the thief, warrior, and ranger, and liked all three of them equally >< I like the aesthetic play style of the thief the best, the versatility of the warrior the best, and the ranger's weapon skills/range the best. I think the thief has the most direct and beneficial utility skills, the warrior has the most readily applicable traits, and that the ranger falls somewhere between the both of them on both fronts. So, no closer to deciding which I'm going to play as ;(
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Return to “Gaming Discussion”