Malchior's App

A forum for applications and private board access requests. Please see *Read Me* inside.
Unreasonable
Respectable Gimp

Malchior's App

Postby Unreasonable » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:36 pm

First name: Clint
In-game name: Malchior (Malchior Devenholm)
Alternate character names:
Location (East Coast, West Coast, etc): East Coast
Do you have Teamspeak 3?: Yes
Team Ice uses TS3 for all group events. Are you comfortable using voice communications?: Yes
Do you have a mic? Yes
Please post your speedtest image from pinging a Chicago server:

How many hours per week do you spend in game (approx.)? 30-35 average (5-6 hours per day, longer weekends)
What are your peak hours? 6-12:00 (midnight) EST (Sundays 7 or 8 to midnight)
Game(s) you are applying for: Wildstar, Camelot Unchained, Guild Wars 2 (if the guild has a presence there)

What trinity role do you prefer in PvP? In PvE? Ranged DPS/Caster, Support, Control
Please rate the following 1-5 based on your priority. 1 being your highest priority and 5 being lowest.
PvP:4
PvE:5
World Firsts:4
Achievements:3
Crafting:3
Community:5

How long have you been gaming? All my life (24 years)
Please list your previous MMO history?: Conquer Online, Guild Wars (6 years) World of Warcraft (up to BC), Guild Wars 2
Do you have any screenshots or videos you can share?

A recent profession tournament I was in with Guild Wars 2 - http://www.twitch.tv...aming/c/2488812

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 8PrDLDuQjM
A very old video of me in Guild Wars 1 - (beware echo and terrible production quality. Was a test to see if I could get into making and editing videos.)

What were the names of your previous guilds? Why did you leave them?: Team Legacy, Zealots of Shiverpeak, Os Guild

TL - Left a month or two before GW 2 release. Wasn't satisfied with the structure. ZoS - Grew inactive over time. Also was trying to find a more serious WvW guild. Os - Didn't encourage fostering of new ideas or accepting criticism. Like another guild, always seemed to connect guild growth or player growth to politics.

Where did you hear about Team Ice? If reffered, who reffered you? My good buddy Mr. NoobieOne! One of TL's finest who I've enjoyed playing multiple games with now.
Why do you wish to join Team Ice? It seems the guild is both serious in its aims and goals towards the games it plans to pursue, and it houses several of my friends from previous games. That's a win-win situation for me.
Are you the type of player that reads forums, uses spreadsheets and/or applications to min/max your character? Forums and apps - yes. I read spreadsheets, but can sometimes be a little lazy to form my own.
What can we expect from you? Just ask Noobie! I'm a talker, and I like to encourage open conversation at all times when it is applicable (dedicated raid structures are not considered applicable). I'm one to make people laugh, but I also dive deep into a game's mechanics, how they work, and how best to use them to my advantage.
What do you expect from us? A fun, competitive, hardcore, and serious guild that can separate gameplay/growth from politics.

Please paste the "system information" section and first 8 lines of "display devices" section from your dxdiag.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 7/20/2013, 23:20:16
Machine name: CLINT-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120330-1504)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: Z68A-D3H-B3
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4014MB RAM
Page File: 5577MB used, 10722MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 v2
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 460 v2
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1205&SUBSYS_13633842&REV_A1
Display Memory: 2728 MB
Dedicated Memory: 977 MB
Shared Memory: 1750 MB

Anything else you would like to add?

When do we start? I've missed some of you guys, and I can't wait to tear it up again in a brand new game!

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:00 pm

I'll start off by saying I don't know the guy. He was removed by TL for calling someone a fag before most of us joined. That being said just a few thoughts (take with grain of salt) -

CONS:
1) Hardware - His internet and processor are ok but 4G ram and the 460 graphics card are starting to get dated. (the 460 holds up better then originally thought - http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html). His video he linked seemed lagged.

2) Keyboard turning + clicking is usually no bueno however some people are great at it. It's just hard to do well, I couldn't do it.

3) His voice is annoying as fuck. I'm kind of being a dick here but that whistling he does while he talks pisses me off.

4) A few guys that know him say he's a bit of an annoying personality with some drama potential.

5) His name is Clint. Seriously who has ever known anyone cool named Clint.

PROS -
1) Despite the awkward key board rotations he seems technical enough and claims to have a lot of gaming experience.

2) We need warm bodies and I assume he keeps a normal temperature of 98.6 degrees.

3) Noobie said he was God-like in GW1 so perhaps he's that 10% of clickers that make it work.

4) He was kicked out of TL for calling someone a fagot which is a good thing because he probably pissed off douchelancer and with us he will likely receive bonus points for that type of immaturity.

My Recommendation -
Have a sit down in TS about wheres he at and what he expects. An example interview can be as easy as -

Question 1) Are you a complete douchefuck
Question 2) Do you often go full retard in game
Question 3) How often do you masturbate to cartoons
Question 4) tell your mom i said hi
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:21 pm

I was just thinking about masturbating to cartoons.
DAoC > WoW
Call me sir.

Hegr
Drifter Gimp

Postby Hegr » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:38 pm

Clint Eastwood. Thats it. This world isn't big enough for multiple Clints.
Back on topic, I am a no on this app. If I cant stand listening to them, I cant play with them as a team.

edwin
Drifter Gimp

Postby edwin » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:21 pm

Calling somebody a fag was the least of his issues. He had a huge problem with following directions. Orz was leading a GW2 Alpha party and Malchior didn't want to take a supply camp, so he said he was going to assist on the keep attack, and took half the group with him.

Honestly he was the center of A LOT of drama. And his voice is pretty annoying...

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:59 pm

Hegr wrote:Clint Eastwood. Thats it. This world isn't big enough for multiple Clints.
Back on topic, I am a no on this app. If I cant stand listening to them, I cant play with them as a team.

I just slapped myself for forgetting about Eastwood.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Unreasonable
Respectable Gimp

Postby Unreasonable » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:47 pm

had to go back to the Ti forums to get the twitch with the rangers vs. engineers, gonna watch as I post

http://www.twitch.tv/soacgaming/c/2488812
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) But at what cost?

Arctix
Respectable Gimp

Postby Arctix » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:31 am

I think the issue with this guy had to be that Noobie is a friend of his and Noobie wanted him to have a fair shot at joining up with us whatever it is we're doing.

Noobie is right in that anything that happened in TL stays in Team Legacy. I personally don't give a shit, if the dude is able to play and not an idiotfucktard, then fine, but to say no simply because he was annoying in TL is stupid. That drama needs to stay where it was.

Return to “Applications and Access Requests”