Outllook 2007

Where any Tech issues can be taken up and planned by our highly trained and unbelievably skilled computer geeks.
Menagery
Oversized Douche Bag

Outllook 2007

Postby Menagery » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:02 pm

Okay so my Boss is a very cheap Weird Person.

He wants a company calendar done in Outlook to be shared with everyone in the office. He wants an individual one for every department as well.

I know something about how to do all this the thing I don't know is how everyone has access to it (does it need to be shared on a file server etc..) and if we make changes will it update automatically every time you log into it. People also use there calendars for personal stuff that we don't want to see.

I love using one note and we share that off a file server. Every time they open up One Note it auto checks for updates. So I was hoping maybe same company same options?

Any sites or links or info you have would be great. Its not the actual calendar its the way to get everyone to see it that's the problem. If I have to email every appointment and event to everyone every time I will go nuts.
Menagery Healadin on Boodhoof
Sattik The most awesome Boomkin EVER on Blackhand

DAOC - Menagery, Sattik, Mrsting, Tequiliarose, Longislandicetea, Cabanaboy, Snufulufugus, Kiefers, and so many more I lost count years ago

Abysmal
Pathetic Chode

Postby Abysmal » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:24 pm

Are you guys running an exchange server? Im guessing not, but that would make it very easy to do the things that you are asking for.
50 spiritmaster, 50 shaman, 50 shaman, 50 bard, 50 druid, 50 chanter, 50 necro, 50 minstrel, 50 healer, 50 runemaster, 60 hunter, 60 warrior, 60 druid and 60 paladin

If de bees wake up from dey dream we all die, but she die firsand de
moshorrible. He brushed frantically at his face and knocked away not
fingers but a large spider.

Menagery
Oversized Douche Bag

Postby Menagery » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:14 am

No were not we used to have a corp calendar in a program called File Maker that we used for our Sales Orders but it sucked. So just starting over now.
Menagery Healadin on Boodhoof

Sattik The most awesome Boomkin EVER on Blackhand

DAOC - Menagery, Sattik, Mrsting, Tequiliarose, Longislandicetea, Cabanaboy, Snufulufugus, Kiefers, and so many more I lost count years ago

Augomatic
Pathetic Chode

Postby Augomatic » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:03 pm

I believe that you need your own Exchange server to do the shared calenders, not sure who your email provider is, but they might be able to provide more info, maybe they would let you do it on their server?

Another great alternative is Google Calenders. We use it at home, and have it set to our background using Active Desktop. You can have all sorts of public/private calenders on there.

Return to “Tech. Monkey Board”