MP3 Players

Where any Tech issues can be taken up and planned by our highly trained and unbelievably skilled computer geeks.
Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

MP3 Players

Postby Twystyd » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:16 pm

I'm looking for any advice or feedback on MP3 players. I really need to update my old school 1g shit. ATM, I'm open to just about anything but heres a few pieces of data to help refine the search. I'm looking at flash memory players probably 4g or higher so it can carry me for a few years. I'm not one of these insecure, metro, homo-wannabes wasting away at Starbucks sipping chick drinks hoping people notice my shiny electronics. It does not need to be super sleek or any gay shit like that but portability could be a factor as I have music in all my rooms and vehicles. I'm thinking ease of use and setup is also important as I'm not a computer guy at all, outside of video games. I use PC's not Macs if that makes a difference and although I've never used Itunes I would be open to starting to use it if Ipods are so much better then the rest of the industry.

As far as a financial Ceiling is concerned I'd be willing to spend up to $500-$600 or so as it's only for personal and recreational use. I'd go higher if the need was greater but I just want to plow through some It Dies Today and shit while kicking pets on my neighborhood streets. Thanks in advance to anyone that knows the industry. What to look for in regard to good and bad would be constructive.

ATM I'm leaning twards Sony NWZ-A818 Walkman.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:33 pm

You really needed to live in New York. Since I got my iPhone 3g I no longer have use for my 80 gig iPod, I would have sold it to you for like $100 bucks which is like a 3rd of what I paid for it.
DAOC - WoW - AoC - WAR - Aion - Rift - GW - SW:TOR - GW2

Zera Targaryen - 80 Mesmer
Zera Giantsbane - 80 Thief
Zera Plaguewind - 80 Necro

Nilbert500
Ass Jammer

Postby Nilbert500 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:25 pm

honestly I've been happy with ipod nano for 2 years now. Bought a case for it to use in the gym, and a fm transmitter/charger for my car and im set. I like Itunes, wouldn't mind the program using less memory but still nice.Most people will suggest either a zune or or an ipod.
Rift: Seastone = Defiant (Nilbert)
Formally known as Nipples

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:43 pm

I have an iPod Touch that I got for free which is OK.

The Creative Zen Vision W is pretty cool, it's a harddrive player though.

iRiver has made some pretty cool products. I was looking at those when I originally was looking at mp3 players a few years ago. I don't really know much about what they have out now...

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:42 am

So it seems Ipods are the way to go? Interesting reads and I appreciate it fellas.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Nilbert500
Ass Jammer

Postby Nilbert500 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:02 am

ya I havent had much experience with the new touch ones, they got some cool features though like internet. I also bought my ipod from newegg cuz it was like $20 cheaper, so check that out too. Woot.com sometimes has mp3 players for sale.
Rift: Seastone = Defiant (Nilbert)

Formally known as Nipples

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:40 pm

it kindof depends on whether you are willing to throw it away when it breaks or if you want one that's going to last forever.

Return to “Tech. Monkey Board”