7.1 system

Where any Tech issues can be taken up and planned by our highly trained and unbelievably skilled computer geeks.
Farfar
Tripped Off the Short Bus

7.1 system

Postby Farfar » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:39 pm

Seek good 7.1 sound, any one know a good one?
i had alot of chars

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:51 am

Sound card, speakers, receiver ???

You could always visit a theatre I suppose.

Next time be more specific. :bigups:

Farfar

Postby Farfar » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:10 am

pfft anywho!

i got:

Xtreme Fatality Platinum card
Creative Speaker Gigaworks S750 (7.1)

insane sound :D
i had alot of chars

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:42 am

very cool... grats :bigups:

Farfar

Postby Farfar » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:42 am

but im stuck on the next prob! :huh:

thinking of useing it in the other room, but then il have to build a new comp, a small one barebonestyle :|

bläah
i had alot of chars

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:49 am

Why would you build a pc for that ?

Farfar

Postby Farfar » Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:24 pm

couse its cool :D

And i can play movies, play mp3s etc
i had alot of chars

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:33 pm

dvd players can do that :dontgetit:

Augomatic
Pathetic Chode

Postby Augomatic » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:26 pm

Umm, just run cables to the other room.

I have a splitter on my sound. One goes to the surround sound speakers on my PC desk, the other goes to the receiver in the rec room. Ran an S-video to the TV, add an RF remote (goes through walls), and can control my TV from my couch.

No second PC required, although I did mod an Xbox, threw Linux on it, and mapped it to the shares on my PC, so if the wife wants to watch something while i'm on the PC she can.

Farfar

Postby Farfar » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:41 am

its easy to use a media pc, to record, watch movies and play music in the other room, alot easyer to have 2 pc`s then one if you go media center :|
i had alot of chars

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:14 pm

Augomatic wrote:Umm, just run cables to the other room.

I have a splitter on my sound. One goes to the surround sound speakers on my PC desk, the other goes to the receiver in the rec room. Ran an S-video to the TV, add an RF remote (goes through walls), and can control my TV from my couch.

No second PC required, although I did mod an Xbox, threw Linux on it, and mapped it to the shares on my PC, so if the wife wants to watch something while i'm on the PC she can.

Did you do the chip installation Augo? I had a hell of a time installing the chip for my box. I'm not sure if it was just my assembly version or if all Xboxes were as much of a pain in the ass. I actually had to solder my chip into place. My buddy had an earlier Xbox version and he didn't have any issues.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

killets
Ass Jammer

Postby killets » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:40 pm

i modded my xbox with xecuter2 just came out. (must be like 2 years ago).

it was easy as hell.

i just taped the chip to the side of the xbox (on the inside of course).

i actually met the guy who originally hacked the xbox (a guy named bunny). he was friends with a friend of mine @ MIT, so when she came down to visit me, we went up to hang out with bunny too (who started his own company out of del mar). the guy is super geek.. he made pedals for his computer, so that he could type faster. i think that's really all that needs to be said.

oh, and in looking for the bios, did you know he actually shaved the chip down, and used a high powered microscope to inspect the actual silicon to figure out how it worked ? :)
pink's dad and mom are conjoined at the waist.

friend to all bwc/scourn. like it or not.

Augomatic
Pathetic Chode

Postby Augomatic » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:18 pm

"Did you do the chip installation Augo? I had a hell of a time installing the chip for my box. I'm not sure if it was just my assembly version or if all Xboxes were as much of a pain in the ass. I actually had to solder my chip into place. My buddy had an earlier Xbox version and he didn't have any issues."

Yeah, did the chip install.

I didn't pay the $60 or whatever for the Xecuter, just did it with one of the $10 jobs, flashed it myself, and soldered wires in.

Was a PITA really, but not too bad, I had to solder the connection in, but the other stuff was still connected. Oh, if you are going to do it, there are sites which will let you know which version of the Xbox it is based on the serial number, and yeah, the newer versions make it a lot harder.

Not playing much of anything besides chasing around the baby.

Keabit Guinness
Donkey Fucker

Postby Keabit Guinness » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:01 pm

Law wrote:
Augomatic wrote:Umm, just run cables to the other room.

Did you do the chip installation Augo? I had a hell of a time installing the chip for my box. I'm not sure if it was just my assembly version or if all Xboxes were as much of a pain in the ass. I actually had to solder my chip into place. My buddy had an earlier Xbox version and he didn't have any issues.

What about adjusting for the gamma rays from the flux capacitor? I find if I were to add tungsten to it, I can get a good nanosecond or two worth of speed. And as we know with time travel, a nanosecond is all it takes sometimes.

Yea, 220 or 221, whatever it takes :/
Maybus-Ranger-Aion

Journeyman Electrician

I have never been an enthusiast of the more obscure holidays like “Groundhog Day.” This type of holiday made more sense long ago when Doppler radar was not available and faith in groundhogs was stronger.

Mourningblade
Crotch Pheasant

Postby Mourningblade » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:36 pm

Lol,

Check out the Keabitude!

"I want to leave this world the same way I entered it....screaming and covered in someone else's blood."

Return to “Tech. Monkey Board”