comp troubles again

Where any Tech issues can be taken up and planned by our highly trained and unbelievably skilled computer geeks.
Snot
Incompetent To0l

comp troubles again

Postby Snot » Tue Mar 04, 2003 10:20 am

well, after i got my new mobo, ram, and processor fan my comp was working beautifully for about a week. then yesterday it goes into bios on boot-up and says that my processor wasn't set at the correct mhz in bios. so i set it back to 1400 and now it won't boot up at all. sometimes i can get back into bios and it will start loading windows after i set the processor back to 1400, but it always freezes mid-load. well, i'm pissed that this shit just won't work like it's supposed to - so i'll see what i can do about it, but if i have to buy a new mobo again i'm quitting gaming all together. f'k it, it's too much stress when this happens. and it happens all the time. so, if anyone has any ideas, or anything that may be helpful that would be great. i'm gonna go to the college comp lab and switch out the processor etc. and see if i can pin-point whats wrong.

p.s. it won't boot into safe mode or boot from cd either.

Snot
Incompetent To0l

Postby Snot » Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:42 am

problem fixed. i'm happier than rolo and elfdroper watching a richard simmons workout video together. odd problem that i havent seen happen before - the cpu fan was mildly vibrating the processor. switched to a new fan, problem solved. whee, i can game again!

Return to “Tech. Monkey Board”