mobo woes

Where any Tech issues can be taken up and planned by our highly trained and unbelievably skilled computer geeks.
Supreem
Ass Jammer

mobo woes

Postby Supreem » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:16 pm

So I took my old computer out of storage to set up a few servers on it (TS and BF2) and I plug all the shit in and what do you know the power supply wont power up. So knowing how unreliable they are I run to best buy and pay way too much for a power supply. Put it in and same problem... interesting thing is the Onboard LED turns on which means its on "Standby Power" I'm thinking there is something wrong with the motherboard... unless the power switch went bad but that seems unlikely. Any ideas???
Wiredmessiah - Eve Online

:blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8:

Pytt
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Pytt » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:35 pm

Plug the tip of your 1 inch penis in. Insert your right thumb slowly into your anus. Scream the words " Pound my ass pheseant!!"

That should work.

And if it does, we all know you are a homo.
Rolondo the Dog Faced Troll <merlin>
Pytt the Long Backed Dwarf <dark>
Rolondo Alazondo 4lyfe Ba-Giner
Snoopie 70 Gnome mage Dragonblight

Augomatic
Pathetic Chode

Postby Augomatic » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:39 pm

Your mobo is probably dead. I'm assuming that the power switch is set to on, and the voltage is set to 120.

Remember, for your power supply to "turn on", it has to be told to do so by the motherboard.

I miss the old days where it was a straight switch, although that did lead to the lovely "It is now safe to turn off your computer" orange screen.

Winke
Donkey Fucker

Postby Winke » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:50 pm

LOL @ Rolo

Winke

Grumpy
Ub3r Albino Board Troll

Postby Grumpy » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:51 pm

id check for shorts first, liek the mobo shorting to the back plate, does it not power up or does it power for a split second just enough to make the fan pulse then turn back off, if the power is on for a split second i woudl say take the mobo outa the case and place it on a static free surface like some cardboard and plug in some video, memory, of course a cpu and test it for video at that point, if it still dont work try taking shit outa it till its just the mobo and a hsf, when the fan goes on you found your issue. Mobo is probably the most liekly issue but worth testing.

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:54 pm

I've seen some mobo's not boot for plugging in a device (floppy or hdd) and not giving it power... or hooking it up backwards and shit.

Remove everything except video, processor, memory, motherboard, and power... and see if it'll boot with minimal stuff...

I've always used Antec PSU's and I've yet to have one fail. :huh:

Grumpy
Ub3r Albino Board Troll

Postby Grumpy » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:03 pm

this is sorta off topic
antec=good
enermax=shit
atleast your smart enough to realize that.
dont beleave the hype save your money, dont buy enermax shit

did you type the exact same thing i just did an hour earlier? CRAZY!!!

Supreem
Ass Jammer

Postby Supreem » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:28 pm

id check for shorts first, liek the mobo shorting to the back plate, does it not power up or does it power for a split second just enough to make the fan pulse then turn back off, if the power is on for a split second i woudl say take the mobo outa the case and place it on a static free surface like some cardboard and plug in some video, memory, of course a cpu and test it for video at that point, if it still dont work try taking shit outa it till its just the mobo and a hsf, when the fan goes on you found your issue. Mobo is probably the most liekly issue but worth testing.

its funny that you say that cause my friend said he got shocked by the case. he had his hand on some metal shit and his face touched the side of the case... is that bad? LOLOLOLOL IM DRUNK but that really happened
Wiredmessiah - Eve Online

:blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8:

Return to “Tech. Monkey Board”