PC stereo

Where any Tech issues can be taken up and planned by our highly trained and unbelievably skilled computer geeks.
Gorilla
Tripped Off the Short Bus

PC stereo

Postby Gorilla » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:20 pm

price between 250-600 im lookin for something that will last me a while.
dont know too much so a sound card would be nice too.

reccomend away!
Pain is weakness leaving the body

The residing KING latino

Chogall rapist

Augomatic
Pathetic Chode

Postby Augomatic » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:00 pm

I have and like the Logitech Z-640 set.

5.1 surround, controls and headphone input on the center speaker, and a nice subwoofer. Also nice and compact.

It's only 70 watts total, but I've never had it even close to cranked. I have a 600 watt system on my TV, but still like the sound of the Logitech one just fine.

250-600 seems like overkill for a PC, but I guess it depends what you are going to use it for.

Gorilla

Postby Gorilla » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:51 pm

my pet peeve is upgrading over and over because i didnt get the exact thing i wanted the 1st time so i always set my sights high

logitech huh im not even sure of the brand names.

with the little research ive done i want some 5.1 sound with a new card.
but i cant find like a site with every imaginable combination so i can get a clear understanding.

The residing KING latino

Chogall rapist

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:59 pm

If you want anything good for PC stereo u go Klipsh, It's that simple.

I have the Logitech Z-560's and they are ASS compared to my 2 speaker $100 Pair of Klipsh speakers.

You want orgasmic Surrond Sound then you do it right for about $350

http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=712

Those are THX Certified ass well.. Which a BIG deal in Stereo Speakers.

And for all you home threate buffs.. If you got a few g's and wanna do your theater room right. These are them

http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=774

killets
Ass Jammer

Postby killets » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:06 pm

i bought these for $200 off amazon. they're THX certified as well.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/produ ... ENTID=5048
pink's dad and mom are conjoined at the waist.

friend to all bwc/scourn. like it or not.

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:51 pm

Just think if you Only Spent $150 MORE you would of had good speakers. :P

Supreem
Ass Jammer

Postby Supreem » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:37 am

:stupid: I have to agree with TT. I used to have a Klipsch 4.1 system for my computer but a few of the speakers died so I bought the Logitech 5.1 system. there is no comparison... klipsch speakers made me wet in the pants :bigups:
Wiredmessiah - Eve Online

:blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8:

Gorilla

Postby Gorilla » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:24 pm

klipsch it is then but now that i got ur attention what are some of the things i should look for?

like khz or mhz wise fuck i really dont know what to ask since i dont know jack so just give me what u would look for givin u have 350bux or so.

i also want to know is it possible to one day convert that into a multi setup so i can watch tv/music/dvds. assuming i have the converter

thanks

The residing KING latino

Chogall rapist

killets
Ass Jammer

Postby killets » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:03 pm

for almost half the price, the logitech has great sound, higher power output, Dolby Pro Logic II, Dolby Digital, DTS decoder (you have to buy your own decoder if you want this functionality), 1 x SPDIF input (TOS Link), 1 x SPDIF input (RCA phono). Yes, it has all the sound decoding so it acts like a mini reciever, with 3 input sets. Analog, Digital Coax, Digital optical, which gives it a lot of value imo... especially later if you want to throw a DVD player into it. If you want to do the same for the Klipsch, which only have analog audio input, you would have to purchase a decoder/reciever, in which case you'll be back here again asking what kinda reciever to get for a Klipsh 4.1/5.1/6.1 multimedia setup :) That would seem really sad imo.

sorry, but for a small multimedia system, it was an obvious choice. I was thinking about the Klipsch pro media's, but it was just too high priced for what you get. The sound was slightly better, but the logitech system had a better subwoofer imo.

Honestly, the logitech was perfect for my room. it was also cost efficient. when i play xbox on the 20", the digital audio goes straight into the speakers, so i didn't have to pay for a dolby digital decoder. Same with movies. And all with my computer off.

The quality of your sound connected to your computer is retarded anyways unless you have a near silent PC. and that's not even saying the logitech system sounds bad... it's THX certified and sounds wonderful too.

I have an ONIX RS750/RSS300/RSC200 setup in the living room, and use Paradigm Studio 80 at my santa monica apt, so it's not like i haven't heard better. But for a system used in a bedroom or office, I would recommend the logitech system as opposed to the Klipsch because of price/performance... The klipsch is a big loser in that department.
pink's dad and mom are conjoined at the waist.

friend to all bwc/scourn. like it or not.

Gorilla

Postby Gorilla » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:09 am

thanks for ur response

The residing KING latino

Chogall rapist

Amit

Postby Amit » Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:25 am

i had a klipsh for a while a loved it. i gave it away when i moved into a smaller apartment because the i a humungous sub.

amit

Return to “Tech. Monkey Board”