bot machine is fucked the fucked up =(

Where any Tech issues can be taken up and planned by our highly trained and unbelievably skilled computer geeks.
Bulor
Ass Jammer

bot machine is fucked the fucked up =(

Postby Bulor » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:10 am

so i shut it down last night and went to bed.. as i was sleeping i heard a POP~! (sounded like a lightbulb poping) i ran over into the room to discover nothing.. but i looked at my bot machine.. and it was making odd sounds.. and blinking. (the case was already opened) and i saw the processor fan and the MB fan still spinning.. but not spinnig constantly.. sort of like someone was reveing it up like a car.. so it was like vroom vroom vroom vroom vroom vroom.. i pressed the power bottom to try to turn it on or off.. and finally fliped the kill switch in the back.

now anytime i send power into the machine it starts to vroom vroom up again..

whats the fix? is it the MB? or power supply?
DAOC-SOLD
Lieph (heal)/ Sapporo & Djur(Sham)/ Qute & Brail(SBs)/ Bulor (war)/ Blackroc (ska)/ Antigun & Antigunn (SMs)
WOW-SOLD
Lieph (Warlock) / Vexi (Hunter)
WAR- CLOSED BETA!

Flipout
Donkey Fucker

Postby Flipout » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:40 am

oddly enough, I had the exact same thing happen to my comp. Sounds like your mother board fried. There are these little cone shaped nodes called capaciters.. little black things. Check the top of them, and see if they've blown. It should have a flat surface (if they arent blown). If blown, they look like they have a bulg at the top.

Could be wrong, but thats the exact same problem i had with my MB.

[Edit] At first i thought it was the power supply because of the surges, but turned out to be the MB. Just a fyi
Flipout 50 Healer - Retired
Flipout 60 Priest [Ner'zhul/Horde] - Retired

[blur]Read slower, comprehend faster? Or is it the other way around? -D[/blur]
There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others.

Flipout
Donkey Fucker

Postby Flipout » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:16 pm

c'mon spill it... was that the problem?
Flipout 50 Healer - Retired

Flipout 60 Priest [Ner'zhul/Horde] - Retired

[blur]Read slower, comprehend faster? Or is it the other way around? -D[/blur]

There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others.

Bulor
Ass Jammer

Postby Bulor » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:11 pm

yes but not on the MB, one blew up in the power supply
DAOC-SOLD

Lieph (heal)/ Sapporo & Djur(Sham)/ Qute & Brail(SBs)/ Bulor (war)/ Blackroc (ska)/ Antigun & Antigunn (SMs)

WOW-SOLD

Lieph (Warlock) / Vexi (Hunter)

WAR- CLOSED BETA!

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:13 am

As a Tech who professionally built computers and did service work for 3+ Years I am 100% positive that it's your Power Supply. Replacement usually run about 30bucks, I would suggest a 300watt or higher.

Bad news:

I have seen Power supplies blow out motherboards, video cards, U NAME IT. If you plug your new Power Supply in and still don't get video then you have serious problems and I would suggest taking it in to have every part tested. These machines are usually called "Clusterfucks" because there are numerious problems that happen as a result.

Good News: About 10% of blown power supply's screw over your machine. 90% of the time u can replace and be back in business.

Return to “Tech. Monkey Board”