QQ My computer wont play DAOC QQ

Where any Tech issues can be taken up and planned by our highly trained and unbelievably skilled computer geeks.
Supreem
Ass Jammer

QQ My computer wont play DAOC QQ

Postby Supreem » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:18 am

I just got a new computer and its having trouble playing DAOC. Every few seconds the P on the lag meter turns red for a few seconds. Bascially the connection is going in and out. I updated the firmware on my router and my ethernet card drivers and still no luck. Its unplayable. People are ghosting all over the place. I know its not a problem with the router because my laptop runs it just fine.... any ideas? I dont feel like being on the phone with mythic for hours trying to fix it.
Wiredmessiah - Eve Online

:blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8:

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:33 am

have you installed any type of firewall, or sp2 for xp ?

Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

Postby Zoidmeister » Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:29 pm

Don't think it's firewall related since if it was you wouldn't even be able to connect.

I'd say check to see if you have a connectivity issue outside of DAOC - DSL/cable modem speed test (perhaps dslreports.com).

Also check/update all your video/sound drivers.

Running something like WinTasks to check for non-essential crap running in the background and un-installing. If you have a lot of equip hooked up to your PC the background drivers for these things sometimes cause problems (scanners etc.). Anti-virus may be running in the background (or something else) stealing CPU cycles and/or network bandwidth (ALT-TAB) and ctrl-alt-delete to see what's sucking CPU once in a while.

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:39 pm

I've had my firewall interfere before... it would let me connect but it would block certain packet types :huh:

Supreem
Ass Jammer

Postby Supreem » Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:46 pm

I tried all of that! Updated everything, did a complete file check, closed all other progs, still nothing. CoH runs fine no lag at all. and i dont have a software firewall....and it cant be the router cause my laptop runs it fine >< looks like I'll be calling mythic support

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:08 pm

I ended up quitting the game because of something similar to that... my lag-o-meter didn't really show anything useful though, but people were ghosting like crazy for no reason, and I'd always wander from the group because of it...

After getting a few groups killed a few times, I just quit... Happens on all servers too.. :huh:

Good luck...

Trump
Dickfingers

Postby Trump » Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:00 am

is it onboard ethernet card? what chipset. also if its onboard disable it and put old ethernet card in it. some cards are shit

also you DID disable windows built in firewall right?
Trump
Nuff said

Went from pharming arpees to farming grades in college. Not as fun :(

Supreem
Ass Jammer

Postby Supreem » Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:42 pm

windows built in firewall??? where would i find that? The onboard ethernet card is intel ... ill try changing that out

Supreem
Ass Jammer

Postby Supreem » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:04 pm

WOOOT i got it....i had no idea but my stupid virus software had a firewall enabled. Thanks to everyone who tried to help me find the source of the problem.. thanks to adida for not telling me that pc-cillin had a firewall >< :onfire:

Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

Postby Zoidmeister » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:03 am

There ya go !!!

Return to “Tech. Monkey Board”