160GB HDD problems...

Where any Tech issues can be taken up and planned by our highly trained and unbelievably skilled computer geeks.
Bakerton
Donkey Fucker

160GB HDD problems...

Postby Bakerton » Tue May 04, 2004 6:42 pm

...okay got a Western Digital 160 GB HDD but my bios "loses" it when WinXP installer reboots and when I boot up in general...I have Red Hat 9.0 on it atm but I have to boot from floppy to get into Linux due to the Bios...I flashed the Bios already and the newest one was a year old...the MoBo is an Asus A7S333 should I say fuck it and get a new board or do you think the problem is else where?
No ma'am, the only gaping hole I leave is within your dignity.

-Law

And, what does the Search and Rescue of the Danish Army entail? Looking for your nations pride and dignity? Cause I don't think I could find that either, cause even Canada has more of both than Denmark.

-Beratuul

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Tue May 04, 2004 7:14 pm

did you try formating it with the disk that came with it ?

Bakerton
Donkey Fucker

Postby Bakerton » Tue May 04, 2004 9:14 pm

did not get any software with it from new egg :huh:

I am thinking it is a problem with the mobo simply because it runs fine when I boot to it from floppy...in fact I am on Red Hat on it now :P

My board is not really supported by Asus anymore as the last Bios was a year ago so I am thinking I may need to upgrade it since all the solutions offered by others have been flash the bios lol...I did try using Fdisk for 64+GB drives and even it cringes in terror at the site of this drive...
No ma'am, the only gaping hole I leave is within your dignity.

-Law

And, what does the Search and Rescue of the Danish Army entail? Looking for your nations pride and dignity? Cause I don't think I could find that either, cause even Canada has more of both than Denmark.

-Beratuul

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Wed May 05, 2004 5:27 am

Return to “Tech. Monkey Board”