Fraps: Video Encoding problem

Where any Tech issues can be taken up and planned by our highly trained and unbelievably skilled computer geeks.
Aenslaed Kasugano
Oversized Douche Bag

Fraps: Video Encoding problem

Postby Aenslaed Kasugano » Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:10 pm

Well, major stumbling block reached here. I can't seem to get any video exported from Premiere properly.

Using the DivX 5.1.1(registered), DivX 4 Low/High Motion, XviD, WMV9, Windows Uncompressed AVI codecs all result in the same problem.

Video exported consists of just the first frame, and nothing else from there on out. The music is included fine, and the video length is thusly correct.

The listed compressors above all work when I am using vdub. Maybe a Premiere problem?

I'm really only interested in getting DivX 5.1.1 and WMV9 working. (DivX 5.1.1 for high resolution archive version, WMV9 for general web consumption).

Also, I made sure that I was running in CBR/1-Pass when I was trying to make a sample teaser (no sense spending 3 hours on a pre-production sample). I know that if you use VBR/nth pass settings, you'd normally end up with a blank screen all the way through. This is similar, but I get the first frame instead of a blank.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm scratching my head over this one.

Also, does anybody know much about subtitle effect plugins for Premiere or will I have to do it post fact in SSA?
Aenslaed Warrior, Aenslands Healer, Sakkura Shaman, Satsujiin Shadowblade, Arashii Huntress
Participate Bot, Dopplereffect Bot
-To face Life is to face Death, to face Death is to face Pain.
To face Pain is to face Life, and all those in between.

Nese
Keyboard Molesting Forum G33k

Postby Nese » Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:09 pm

sounds to me like Adobe is the problem. Try runnin the raw video through VoBDub first encoding it in Divx. Then drop the audio less video into Adobe and try that. I can tell you this, that you can't export raw video into Divx directly from Premiere. I tried to do it way back, and you have to export the video using indeo 5 or some other low level codec.

What I used to do was import the divx movie (yes you can import Divx), play around with it and all that jazz, then export as indeo 5 or even raw video. You see, importing was no prob, but it never exported Divx correctly so I just went under the impression that it was unsupported.

SO

Raw video -> encode to Divx for a more managable source size -> Import to Premiere -> fuck around -> export video in either Indeo or Raw -> Drop back into Vobdub -> add audio (don't do it in preimere. If you have to, get the audio track all set up and export as audio only) and encode -> Finished.
Mitzuki - 50 Savage - Merlin
Linia Bluebomber - 50 Runie - Merlin
Chirigami - 50 Thane - Merlin *mule*
Yushiro Gowa - 50 Champ - MLF *traded*
Nese Starrwind - 50 SB - Merlin *traded*

Nese
Keyboard Molesting Forum G33k

Postby Nese » Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:10 pm

Oh about the subtitles Plug-in, it works fine and embeds itself into the video when you export. So you can use that or go have fun with SSA. Neither is better than the other.
Mitzuki - 50 Savage - Merlin

Linia Bluebomber - 50 Runie - Merlin

Chirigami - 50 Thane - Merlin *mule*

Yushiro Gowa - 50 Champ - MLF *traded*

Nese Starrwind - 50 SB - Merlin *traded*

Aenslaed Kasugano
Oversized Douche Bag

Postby Aenslaed Kasugano » Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:12 pm

I got it ;p

Was a problem with one of the render options. I had left checkboxed "optimize for stills", which apparantly optimize so the first frame is the still used for the entire video...

I made an output to uncompressed AVI, and I 3passed it with DivX5. Video will be up by late tonight or early tomorrow (depending on Tanilia). Post to follow.
Aenslaed Warrior, Aenslands Healer, Sakkura Shaman, Satsujiin Shadowblade, Arashii Huntress

Participate Bot, Dopplereffect Bot

-To face Life is to face Death, to face Death is to face Pain.
To face Pain is to face Life, and all those in between.

Return to “Tech. Monkey Board”