SB Scout Guide

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

SB Scout Guide

Postby Zoidmeister » Sun Mar 23, 2003 1:30 pm

Found this during beta and promised to post here I think for Ratpike.

Enjoy.

SHADOWBANE SCOUT GUIDE
=========================

As usual I have tried to make the best Scout available. According to what I felt were basic needs for the scout In PvP... Heres what Crows has under the hood this build.

Race Irekei
I chose Irekei because of the dex bonus given to this race.. There is a slight loss of Constitution but its a minor trade off.
str - 30/80 (min damage)
dex - 80/150 (max damage)
con - 40/85 (life/hitpoints)
int - 50/110 (raises atr/damage and adds to skills 1 per 5 stat points invested)

Ok At charachter creation this is what I did.

I bought down my Strength and Spirit.
(be aware you can take points away from these unnessecary stats at charachter creation. They are more benefitial elsewhere)

I placed the points into these Runes.

Lightning Reflexes (+10 dex +10 max dex)
Taught by Master Theif (+10 dex +10 max dex)
Eyes of the Eagle (+5 bowskill)

As we Powerleveled up thru the levels I raised my dex and con till they were maxed.. Then worked my int up untill my stats looked like this.
dex- 150
con - 85
int - 80

Save all the rest of your stat points for use later on when you come across a dex rune(legendary or godly).

Skill Point Placement
I would suggest not training till you promote to scout.

Youll want to spread your points out between Bow, Dodge, and athletics to make sure that your charachter will fare well early on by being able to hit targets, dodge incoming attacks, and not run out of stamina.
Here are the skills I chose to GM and the skill points placed in each.
Bow skill - 120
Dodge skill - 95 (atm... I intend on raising this to 115)
Running & Athletics - 70 in both
Sneak - GM this
(youll need 8 trains in hide to access this)
Pathfinding - GM this
Rapid Fire - GM this
Precision - GM this AFTER everything else
(since you can use precise stance and save the skill points for other things)
Light Armour - 100
Archery - 75 I have this at 75 at the moment.. With the new set up with the Bow and archery powers.. You now need t his skill Ill be working it up as the points allow. It seems the points placed in this do more for your atr/damage than before.
Detect Hidden - GM this

Other runes to apply
Youll want to jack up your Dex and Con by applying runes. I got lucky and found a Legendary early on and applied it. I took on a heroic Constitution rune and have yet to fill it out. At higher levels your stat points come few and far between. I have only taken up l dicipline rune. The Huntsman.. It has a far more detailed track and a pet to boot. I put 2 trains in both tracking and the Pet. Just to gain access to them.

Tricks of the Trade
1. Use Defensive Stance to take advantage of the stam regen.
2. Learn how to use your stances Period... I use offensive mostly now since scouts have a nice defense rating.
2. Sit. Cast pathfinding your char will cast and sit down again.. regen your stamina then hide.
2. When you find your target while your stealthed. manually press your attack icon.. then the power macro you wish to use then use your A button to attack. (some people were asking me earlier there you go)
3. What powers are worth a crap...
Shot in the leg - (slows enemy)
Hornets Sting - (lowers enemys atr)
Eagles Aim - (debuffs enemys def rating)
Wyverns Sting - (Slows enemys attacks)
Kenaryns Mark - (damage debuffs your target) (+100% atr +50% damage)

Learn how to cycle thru these powers in the correct order and you can take someone out with very little damage attacking from stealth.. I used to start off wtih Shot in the leg.. Now days I start off with a Eagles Aim.. Since its a defense debuff..

4. Place yourself wisely.. Dont put yourself between 2 enemys when you start attacking.. make sure you have a way out.
5. Get yourself a bow with good stats. I look for Legendary of slaughter. But I saw one this build that had two stamina damage procs on it called Legendary of Overwhelming... That would be a nice bow to have as well.
-15 is the most speed bonus you can get on a bow that I know of.
+150 is the higheset ATR bonus you can get that I know of.
6. Find the best target and be patient. The person your hunting will more than likely sit down at some point while your hunting them.. This is the best time to attack.
7. Never attack a group from the same side twice.

If Ive left anything out or you have any questions feel free to ask. This is here so you have something to look at when your making your char. There are variations I would love to see like someone GMing Reveal instead of Detect Hidden. If you do this tell me how it works Id personally love to hear about it.

*The only Problem I have with the scout class is the Lack of Skill points we have to apply. Gming Dicipline skills will deffinately Weaken your Char by taking away the needed Skill points. So I would suggest not GMing any Dicipline Powers.*

So there you go...

And If you see me in game..

I prolly saw you first.

CrowsNest

====
2 reasons

1. By placing 2 trains in to camo you get access to this skill. This allows you to hide someone elses char. (placing 2 trains in this is a great idea btw)
2. Camoflage dosent hide your char at all. Its a skill that lets you hide OTHER players.
-----------------------------------------

On a side note here is a list of locations for some Scout Diciplines.

BLACKMASK Mob Name: Taelimar the Spider Mob Zone/Loc: Bog of the Black Drake 39.6 x 48.8 Trainer Loc: 11.1 x 55.3

BLADEWEAVER Mob Name: Lirek, Nkuralar Khar'uus Mob Zone/Loc: Khalduun 76.9 x 24.5

BOUNTYHUNTER Mob Name: Conn MacMorgan, Hillsman Renegade Mob Zone/Loc: Connauch Highlands 56.0 x 61.8 Trainer Loc: 11.1 x 55.3?; 112.3 x 55.6

DUELIST Mob Name: Kershan, Prince of Stingtails Mob Zone/Loc: Khalduun 77.5 x 23.5 Trainer Loc: 66.1 x 46.8

GLADIATOR Mob Name: Guruuk, Chiefs Son Mob Zone/Loc: Thornwood 70.1 x 61.0 Trainer Loc: 10.1 x 30.6

HUNTSMAN Mob Name: Hurush Ironclaws Mob Zone/Loc: Raithskar 11.0 x 68.2 Trainer Loc: 11.1 x 55.3?; 111.8 x 55.3

RATCATCHER Mob Name: Marrow Gnawer Zone/Loc: 61.1 x 49.4 Trainer Loc: 31.1 x 17.0

RUNECASTER Mob Name: something "Mimmer the One Eye" Mob Zone/Loc: Mountains of the Giants ? Trainer Loc: 15.6 x 11.7; 59.1 x 68.8; 111.2 x 55.1

UNDEADHUNTER Mob Name: ? Mob Zone/Loc: ? ? Trainer Loc: 77.7 x 24.3

WERERAT Mob Name: Keelneth Plague-Monger Mob Zone/Loc: ? 28.9 x 61.4; 60.2 x 47.8 Trainer Loc: 30.4 x 15.5; 55.4 x 46.7
====

Actually looking back knowing what I know now. Archery would have been brought to 60%. It need not go higher than that. Your better off spending points in Bow Skill than to buy Archery up to get Kenaryns Mark... But we all wanted to see if Kenaryns rocked as much as it did last build.. It dosent for those that havent found out yet.

===

Return to “Gaming Discussion”