Camelot Unchained by Mark Jacobs

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Camelot Unchained by Mark Jacobs

Postby Twystyd » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:52 pm

Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:06 pm

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/02/05 ... o-camelot/

The real question is, will it get funded, and will it be fun without any PvE at all. I dig PvP as much as any of you do, but I feel like there won't be much world to be immersed in if all there is to it is PvP zones and housing.
DAoC > WoW
Call me sir.

Ceregon
Guild Drunk

Postby Ceregon » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:41 am

I bet they will put some form of pve in the game. I would assume pve would be required for leveling and obtaining gear. Even if the biggest pve experience is something like dragon raids similar to old school DAoC.
Bored.

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:37 am

According to what I read, the only PvE will be a starter zone for people to get used to the controls and whatnot. Armor and things will be obtained through pvp challenges and player crafting. Basically it seems like he wants to go back to the DAoC style of player crafting being the basis upon which the economy of the game is run. There will be weapons and shit, perhaps with new/better stats, from these challenges, but the core way to obtain gear in this game is apparently going to come in the form of crafters. He basically said that he wanted this game to be the best game on the market for people who like to craft gear.
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:48 am

WoW! I don't know what to say other than this is very exciting. :toothy10:
Gravelender AKA Elfdropper

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
-Bruce Lee

Jahman the blueberry Shaman - Dragonblight
Elfdroper - Merlin
Torch - Heretic Lamorak

TrollFunk
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby TrollFunk » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:12 am

Thats all fine and dandy, but can i haz it nao plz?...fuck todays MMO's and F2P/Microtransaction whore feasters are producing shit not worth my time anymore.

DAoC 2.0 here and now please, with sprinkles on top.

p.s game updates here http://citystateentertainment.com/camelotunchained/
"The temperature inside this apple pie is over 1000 degrees. If I squeeze it, a jet of molten bramley apple will squirt out. Could go your way; could go mine. Either way, one of us is going down! - Alan Partridge"

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:38 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5pt7yj9SUk

Pretty interesting insights into their development goals/desires for CU. I really hope that they make this $2 million kickstarter goal because I think a less eclectic gaming audience in a game will really streamline development and allow the players to get content developed that is almost ubiquitously meaningful to them.
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:43 pm

The way people fund the dumbest things on kickstarter, fairly confident the Daoc Reboot will get the funds it requires. Personally I don't think 2 million is enough but lets see what happens.
[glow=blue]
A WoW Nerd, A DaOC Reject
and a sociopath[/glow]

[glow=blue]"Fucking Doughnut!!!!!, Mock Me??,You Fried Cyclops"[/glow]

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:50 pm

Nah, it's got a 10 million dollar budget, he has other backers and he's putting in 2 million of his own money if the KS gets funded. Rumor has it that it's getting funded no matter what, so that's hopeful.
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:26 pm

DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:42 pm

I expect each of you to drop 1250$ on this.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:18 pm

All of the tiers and expected delivery times for the products in those tiers have been listed here. The kickstarter goes live in roughly 20 hours for anyone that is still interested.
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

TrollFunk
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby TrollFunk » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:43 pm

hmmmm.....

Hmmmmm.....

HMMMMMMMM!!!!!!......

Which tier to get....and no Twyst, ain't getting the 1250$ tier so you can leech those two extra copies of moi.

Question though(waits patiently for Zeratuul's trademark Euro Idiocy Stumpin'):

Kickstarter...to what?.
"The temperature inside this apple pie is over 1000 degrees. If I squeeze it, a jet of molten bramley apple will squirt out. Could go your way; could go mine. Either way, one of us is going down! - Alan Partridge"

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:25 am

Not sure how ubiquitous kickstarter is so a quick explanation is fans donate money for a project (backers) in order to get the project funded. In the case of Camelot Unchained the kickstarter is looking to raise $2 million. Most of us aren't sure that it will happen, but if you invest money in the kickstarter it only gets taken if the project actually raises all of the funds (or it gets taken, and then refunded if the project doesn't fund). Basically it means fans help assuage the costs of development, which allows the developer a freer license to work because they don't have to go to companies like EA, Activision, or Vivendi who prioritize bringing in the most money possible on a project (which inevitably leads games into becoming WoW clones).

*edit* kickstarter backers usually get rewards for their contribution. As an example, if you donate $110 you get a free copy of the game, a few extra character slots, alpha access, a couple extra beta keys, and a discount on the monthly fee. If you put in $250 you get alpha access and your monthly fee is altered, the game is free for three years, and every year after that you pay $1.

If I had faith that I would love the game, or that I would have the time/inclination to play a game for > 3 years anymore in the current MMO climate, I would do at least the 250. Since I'm not certain about that anymore (irrespective of how good the game is) I'll probably stick with the 110.
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:38 am

Kickstarter is @ 255k in ~ 35 minutes, shit's getting real.
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Return to “Gaming Discussion”