Server switch to Isle of Janthir

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Server switch to Isle of Janthir

Postby Twystyd » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:37 pm

Just a quick FYI, we switched servers to Isle of Janthir for pvp and queue purposes. We had some seriously unorganized and weak guilds on the last server and with the lack of CC in GW2 the realms have to coordinate and perform. Even if we took everything during the day we would wake up to everything being gone again. So far our new home has been amazing with a strong Ausie presence holding everything throughout the night and we have yet to see a queue. I hope everyone is having a good time, now go kill shit.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:11 pm

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/ET-CD-IoJ

Were locked in an epic battle with two other top servers atm. I have not had this much fun in PvP in awhile. Sirion, Ceregon, Hamback, Gorilla and I are about the only ones left PvPing on a regular basis in our group but we have met a few good groups to run with which really helps.

Were seeing a lot of the old Mid Merlin guilds and tournament teams this bracket. CD has Team Legacy and several pay to play guilds but that server is getting boat raced atm. ET is in the lead with the highest population including everyone's favorite 200 man zerg LotD, DDH (Angry Elves in DAoC) and some old Combine remnants. I snagged a bunch of SS of some roaming action and a few cool siege pics I'll try to post. I picked up 500 kills in 24 hrs between Friday and Saturday with the non stop action. How is everyone else doing? Enjoying the game, server etc?
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:16 am

Finally a good server. I was in limbo for awhile before you posted this topic Twyst as I had iven up on GoM. I constantly had a Q there but would get in and procede to watch us get stomped.

So i'm on IoJ with my 30 ranger...what guild are you guys in? I will keep an eye out.
Gravelender AKA Elfdropper

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
-Bruce Lee

Jahman the blueberry Shaman - Dragonblight
Elfdroper - Merlin
Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:11 am

Elfdroper Gravelender wrote:Finally a good server. I was in limbo for awhile before you posted this topic Twyst as I had iven up on GoM. I constantly had a Q there but would get in and procede to watch us get stomped.

So i'm on IoJ with my 30 ranger...what guild are you guys in? I will keep an eye out.

We play under the tag <IHOP>. It's just our group, so 6 or 7 of us.

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:14 am

I left GoM and moved to Isles. I'll see how Isles is. I'm also considering leaving my guild as it went from being a respected guild to just being a bunch of worthless ass monkey dildos. Before GW2 I advised that we shouldn't invite friends of friends of friends and no one listed and they did just that. Now we have 100+ people in the legion and only 10-15 out doing WvW. What the fuck are the rest of these useless bodies doing when we try to organize for WvW I do not know but I know they do not answer the call. I tried to get these guys to move to Isles as GoM was dead but no one wanted to listen to me. I've been stating that GoM was going to turn into a shit server for 3 weeks now and they refuse to leave so they can rot there and kiss my ass.

I may not stay on Isles as I'm looking to go to one of the Tier 1 servers such as Henge of Denravi, Jade Quary, or Stormbluff Isle. Also I have not seen Jim or Chris on at all for the past few days. Hope you guys are ok and didn't get shit wasted over the weekend to cause a booze induced coma lol. J, what's your GW2 account name? Add me on Zera.8907.
DAOC - WoW - AoC - WAR - Aion - Rift - GW - SW:TOR - GW2

Zera Targaryen - 80 Mesmer
Zera Giantsbane - 80 Thief
Zera Plaguewind - 80 Necro

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:14 pm

Sorry to hear bout the server switch. Jade Quarry is kind of interesting. SBI however kind of stops fighting once the shit hits the fan.
[glow=blue]
A WoW Nerd, A DaOC Reject
and a sociopath[/glow]

[glow=blue]"Fucking Doughnut!!!!!, Mock Me??,You Fried Cyclops"[/glow]

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:54 am

Damn Robert, sorry to hear bro I know that's been your home for awhile. I've seen a few <CYT> on Isles but not many. I'm more into the roaming gank style pvp then the siege stuff but I admit at times that shit is fun as well. To me there is too much cheating (example: orb hacking, transferring over to an enemy server and building siege in the middle of nowhere to run an enemy low on supply) to put much stock into it or take it serious. The thing that would make me switch servers would be a queue as those are more important to me then who's zerg is larger. We were destroyed by ET as a server in T2 but they have a few good roaming groups that make for good fights. Well take second this week but I'm just hoping we don't have a bunch of people bandwagon over and create a pvp queue.

I've had a blast playing with Chris/Scotts crew in both D3 and GW2 and hope to continue hanging out with them. I've also had a blast playing with Hamback and his friends for the first time sense I didn't play WoW with BWC and hope to spend more time with them as well. That being said I don't think most of Reso PvP's. I've been told some just don't like it and over half never log into GW2. Hamback, Wildcard, Scott and I seem to be the most pvp centric players out of our group. The others have jumped to games like Borderlands 2 and DayZ.

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:36 am

I helped get our second orb last night! We still have a chance to win! ET must die! :toothy10:
Gravelender AKA Elfdropper

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
-Bruce Lee

Jahman the blueberry Shaman - Dragonblight

Elfdroper - Merlin

Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:08 pm

I'm on and off. No one is ever around when I log in, and if I'm just going to solo I can be more productive by reading/writing or learning another language. I was having a lot of fun before half the group decided that DayZ and BL2 was more interesting to them than WvW, but like a week after we got to IoJ half the crew stopped logging in, and since Scott is usually logging out around the time I log in, there is never anyone to play with. I think we are looking into joining a larger guild, which may fix the issues altogether though.
DAoC > WoW
Call me sir.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:56 pm

The only thing I know is Zera, Sirion, Ceregon and I were running around a bit this afternoon and I was definitely the best looking.

[scroll]Asura = face of fear.[/scroll]

Return to “Gaming Discussion”