Server Choice for launch.

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:29 pm

Also, if any of you have a structured guild, I have a couple of people that would probably like to join (I don't think any of them want to lead a guild in this game, after being communally responsible for leadership in WoW for so long). If not, we will just end up on the same server and figure something out.
DAoC > WoW
Call me sir.

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:37 pm

Are you stating that all the people from Resonance are looking to join another guild because no one wants to lead? As far as Jade Quary goes me and the GM decided it's too populated and would be silly to try and roll there. The guys I run with aren't looking to join the TA but we'd much rather roll on a server where we know people will be serious about WvW. In my previous post I accidentally wrote the whole applying this, that was for the gw2guilds.org site. I'll remove that from my previous post.
DAOC - WoW - AoC - WAR - Aion - Rift - GW - SW:TOR - GW2

Zera Targaryen - 80 Mesmer
Zera Giantsbane - 80 Thief
Zera Plaguewind - 80 Necro

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:41 pm

Ah, honestly I thought TA was going to GoM. Guess ill just wait till I hear back on my app and plan from there.
[glow=blue]
A WoW Nerd, A DaOC Reject
and a sociopath[/glow]

[glow=blue]"Fucking Doughnut!!!!!, Mock Me??,You Fried Cyclops"[/glow]

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:50 pm

Gates of Madness or Fort Aspenwood. Final decision will be made on Wednesday.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:57 pm

We can always use these boards if we wanted to have less structure. My running guild days are over.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:43 am

The people from Resonance that I know for sure will be playing for an extended period of time aside from myself are Scott and Sean. Jim will play at release, but I don't know if he'll be able to resist MoP, especially since it costs nothing to keep a GW2 account open. That said, since it costs nothing to keep a GW2 account open, he would probably also still play it when he's not raiding in WoW. I doubt Trevor is going to want to play GW2, he doesn't seem too overly fond of games that focus primarily on PvP (for example, he didn't like DAoC very much, but he loved EQ). Now some other people who used to play with Resonance might also be coming back, but I can't speak for them about joining guilds or not.

The reality to me seems as though the guild functions primarily as a social unit/chat system in this game (you can be in several guilds, and guilds can have members across servers), but for me, I want to be sure we can find groups when we go into WvW, although I've had no troubles solo following groups, so it may not be so pressing.
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:47 am

And yes, I was stating that we would rather be in a position like we were in DAoC in BWC, where we were not directly responsible for the management of a guild. The primary reason for that is I don't want to have to recruit players if people decide to drop out for WoW and then decide to only play a couple days a week. It's not a pressing concern at the moment, I'm just interested to know if any of you guys that have/run guilds are openly recruiting, and if your guild pretty much rolls like either Resonance did in WoW, or like BWC did in DAoC, for applications or whatever. Alternatively, we could always just play on a server and end up where we end up, like we did with BWC in DAoC.
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:33 am

Chris. If you are seriously looking for a home I got you. Head over to cyt.guildlaunch.com register and I will take care of the rest. You, scott, chubbz, J, and jim I can almost guarantee will get in. The guild is a bunch of WvW/PvP focused people who just want to have fun, I'm probably the most hard core of the bunch at my old age but we get shit done, people listen and fall in when they need to.
Last edited by Zeratulx on Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:45 am

Its kind of crazy, I remember waking in middle of night to check on keeps.10-12 years later, fuck that noise I need to be up in 3 hours!!!!

Ah well the fire still burns.
[glow=blue]

and a sociopath[/glow]

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:23 am

Sirion wrote:The reality to me seems as though the guild functions primarily as a social unit/chat system in this game (you can be in several guilds, and guilds can have members across servers), but for me, I want to be sure we can find groups when we go into WvW, although I've had no troubles solo following groups, so it may not be so pressing.

I'm with you. I don't know how actively we need to recruit and all that shit. It's nice to have online notification and chat features but we also have each others vent so there's no problem there. One of the issues I had with BWC or even Tings Epic Fail guilds were how big they got. I don't see why we have to mass recruit like we did in WoW and AoC. There is nothing wrong with that management style it's just not my preference. I like playing games with friends and tagging a bunch of new people is not the same. The older I get the less I want to deal with retards and the more I enjoy playing these games with people I know. Whatever we decide bro, I'm easy. I don't think anyone is looking for a WoW raid style GM which functions as a full time job.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:21 am

3 days and counting ladies and gents. I need to let Nailzz and KGB know what server choice we have made when a decision is made. Any word on the game plan? Do we all want to app for Zera's guild, form one or is there another plan in place?

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:55 pm

I sent Chris a pm on facebook asking what he wants to do. Tomorrow we decide were we will be going. I'll let you know as soon as I know.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:58 pm

Zeratulx wrote:I sent Chris a pm on facebook asking what he wants to do. Tomorrow we decide were we will be going. I'll let you know as soon as I know.

Cool, thanks brotha. I just want to be able to tell everyone where to go before launch for obvious reasons. Looking forward to this weekend. I even moved a camping trip Kim and I had to buy some more GW2 time this weekend.

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:28 am

Sorry about the delay, I've spent the weekend moving up near DC and haven't been around. I say we just go wherever Zera is going. I was reading the TA forums, and I'm pretty sure, based on what I read last night, that they aren't going to release their server information until the game releases. Someone was asking them to at least list it an hour before the game goes live so that they could avoid being on the same server, and they refused pretty adamantly. The only way we are going to know the server they are picking is if someone leaks it.
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:13 am

You guys email and facebook!

No love for the Bionic Rican
[glow=blue]

and a sociopath[/glow]

Return to “Gaming Discussion”