Diablo 3 Preorder 50$

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Diablo 3 Preorder 50$

Postby Twystyd » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:45 am

Slick deals has D3 Preorder for 50$ which is the best price I have seen.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:21 pm

Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:36 pm

Did you try it out? I've been in the beta for a couple of months and I've got to say, I don't think that genre of gaming is for me anymore, unless they are going to pull out some crazy new/cool shit outside of act 1. I was bored within hours ;(
DAoC > WoW
Call me sir.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:39 pm

Sirion wrote:Did you try it out? I've been in the beta for a couple of months and I've got to say, I don't think that genre of gaming is for me anymore, unless they are going to pull out some crazy new/cool shit outside of act 1. I was bored within hours ;(

The weekend beta was pretty boring but there was only a hour or two of content. As far as the game itself, it's OK but it should not be compared to an MMO of course. There's no "specing" just skill switching which means everyone will have the same skills. On the flip side It will allow people to switch roles in multi player easier. I would rather plan and invest into a skill tree because I enjoy the theory crafting but I understand why they are catering to a more casual base. The normal difficulty rating that I played in beta was stupid easy. The game can literally be played with one hand. I've never been a point and click fan but you get used to it. Killing the Skele King (end Act 1) twice got me to lvl 12 and I wasn't interested in going again.

I like the ability to store items and pick them up with other toons on your account. The auction house is interesting but I hope there is more to the game then selling shit to kids to try and make money. If nothing else it will be interesting to see how this will effect gold selling. The crafter implementation is very elementary. You disenchant items into elements that you hand over to the crafting NPC to create new items with random properties. You can level up the crafting PC using gold which grants you access to more items and better stats.

The beta was extremely smooth on max setting which is almost expected from Blizzard. Say what you will about their game dynamics they code better then anyone. The game will supposedly run on integrated graphics. They also do a great job with story and music giving the game the traditional "Diablo" feel. One of my biggest complaints is not being able to use weapons with the Wizard or Witch Doc (Monk as well unless you run out of his energy or never upgrade your secondary weapon). There needs to be a separate melee function for those classes. I would also like to see better representation of weapon reach (ex. halberd extends reach further then knife) ala Daemon Souls. That stuff should be expected in 2012 IMO.
Last edited by Twystyd on Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:58 pm

May 15th has been announced as the release date.

Return to “Gaming Discussion”