GW2 BETA SIGN UP, SIGN THE FUCK UP NAOOOOO!!!!!!

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:22 am

I will most likely play a thief and a ranged, as i always end up coming back to stealth in a good pvp game.

Mesmer is interesting but I have trouble playing casters, although with the weapon options in GW that may change.

On another note Zera I rerolled from my shadow and Commando on Po5 and am playing an Operative on a super active server.
Probably my favorite stealth class since the daoc archers.
Gravelender AKA Elfdropper

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
-Bruce Lee

Jahman the blueberry Shaman - Dragonblight
Elfdroper - Merlin
Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:13 pm

Op was the class I decided on since beta but once I found out the zerg was going to be on the Empire side I switched to the Shadow. I hate the Smuggler which is the Operative mirror class. I canceled my sub, the game is so boring right now, Valor 66 almost 67 and I just don't have the will do grind on anymore. What server did you go to?
DAOC - WoW - AoC - WAR - Aion - Rift - GW - SW:TOR - GW2

Zera Targaryen - 80 Mesmer
Zera Giantsbane - 80 Thief
Zera Plaguewind - 80 Necro

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:13 pm

Sirion wrote:I decided the same thing, until I watched warrior gameplay and good ranger gameplay, and now I am undecided until I take them all for a ride. Mesmer looks damn fun too.

Even if stealth is not perma stealth ala DAOC I needs mah stealth!

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:34 pm

Ajunta Pal Empire is outnumberd there most of the time.
Yea I'm enjoying it atm but they droped the ball bigtime on worlkd pvp expecially.

-Bruce Lee

Elfdroper - Merlin

Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:49 am

I really can't decide at all. I'm interested in warrior, thief, ranger, and mesmer in that order. The ranger thing is weird, I really wasn't even considering it because of the pet aspect, but for some reason I guess I keep coming back to it. It's quickly becoming more and more interesting to me, even though I'm about 85% sure it's just going to be an elementalist without the same killing potential. I think I just like the aesthetic, and I really liked playing my ranger in wpvp in Aion back in the day.
DAoC > WoW
Call me sir.

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:34 pm

Do what I am going to do write down the classes you want to play on 1 piece of paper evenly.

Take the paper, put it on a wall or, tree or whatever.

Throw something sharp, or use a fire arm.

Whatever you hit is what you stick with till max lvl.

For me its Engy, Necro, War, Elem, Ranger :(
[glow=blue]
A WoW Nerd, A DaOC Reject
and a sociopath[/glow]

[glow=blue]"Fucking Doughnut!!!!!, Mock Me??,You Fried Cyclops"[/glow]

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:11 pm

I'm probably just going to make a warrior to get familiar with the way the game plays as both ranged and melee (plan to do sword+warhorn or shield or dual axes coupled with rifle).

With the way the battle ground system works, I can try the equivalent to max level ranger/thief/mesmer even with a level 1 toon, though I'm not sure how the traits will work with that. I'm pretty sure my gut is saying go warrior (like it always does) so I'm doing that first.
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:04 pm

Sirion wrote:I'm probably just going to make a warrior to get familiar with the way the game plays as both ranged and melee (plan to do sword+warhorn or shield or dual axes coupled with rifle).

With the way the battle ground system works, I can try the equivalent to max level ranger/thief/mesmer even with a level 1 toon, though I'm not sure how the traits will work with that. I'm pretty sure my gut is saying go warrior (like it always does) so I'm doing that first.

But, but, think about all the stealth fun we had in DAOC! I wish I could quit you!!! :P

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:38 pm

Zeratulx wrote:But, but, think about all the stealth fun we had in DAOC! I wish I could quit you!!! :P

I'm certainly not adverse to playing a thief - the main problem I'm having in regards to picking between the three main classes that I'm interested in is largely not going to be clarified until I see good players playing on all of them, or I get to play them all myself.

It doesn't help that I haven't really been following the development process throughout the entirety of beta and I don't have time to sift through the mountain of threads on all of the classes that are on the guru forums in the near future. My gut says melee dps because I don't get bored with them as quickly as ranged, but in WvWvW, particularly in keep battles, ranged is almost always going to be more fun, so I also want compelling ranged dps. The crappy thing about that is that all three of those classes can be melee dps and ranged dps on some level, so it becomes much harder to pick which one I want to play.

Hopefully I can get into the beta and give the game a shot, which will allow me a bit more insight as to what class I feel will be the most interesting. Shit, it could be necro or engineer for all I know (both classes that I'm pretty much not interested in at all)
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:30 pm

Sirion wrote:The crappy thing about that is that all three of those classes can be melee dps and ranged dps on some level, so it becomes much harder to pick which one I want to play.

That is what I meant by these classes are very "universal" and making it tough on my choice as well. BTW, the more I read about this game the more I like it.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:40 am

:stupid:

-Bruce Lee

Elfdroper - Merlin

Torch - Heretic Lamorak

m0nty
Pathetic Chode

Postby m0nty » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:48 pm

WOOT!

I got quite a bit of Evil Dead peeps awaiting GW2.

LMK :D
The Evil Dead Guild
Alustat/Monty/Racker

Return to “Gaming Discussion”