Star Wars MMO Launch date

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:05 pm

Zeratulx wrote:Some guys who I know from DAOC who I played Aion with started a guild in SW:TOR. These guys put pvp above all so that will be the focus of the guild. I'll keep you guys posted on what becomes of this.

P.S. 8 visitors to the boards today, most activity in years :P

P.S.S The guild name is Check Your Tears. These are guys I know from DAOC/WAR/Aion who have been together since DAOC and are looking to setup a chapter in SW:TOR, anyone interested reach me here or on Facebook.

Cool Zera thanks. That may work out perfectly because no one wants to run a guild. Were even waiting to see if there are any guild benefits or if they are going to be entirely unnecessary.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:31 pm

In other news, I just got into the d3 beta, anyone else in yet?
DAoC > WoW
Call me sir.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:38 pm

Sirion wrote:In other news, I just got into the d3 beta, anyone else in yet?

Oh, nice man! My reliable Blizzard connection is gone, no beta here.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:55 am

No such luck here Chris. Spill the beans when you can :P
DAOC - WoW - AoC - WAR - Aion - Rift - GW - SW:TOR - GW2

Zera Targaryen - 80 Mesmer
Zera Giantsbane - 80 Thief
Zera Plaguewind - 80 Necro

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:54 pm

Anyone playing SW beta this weekend? If anyone is drop the server name/character here and I will try to find joo.... :toothy10:
Gravelender AKA Elfdropper

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
-Bruce Lee

Jahman the blueberry Shaman - Dragonblight
Elfdroper - Merlin
Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:26 pm

Just now seeing this. This weekend was my second beta weekend. My Aion/WAR guild that I mentioned before formed up over the beta weekend and we raped face in the Warzones. It was a lot of fun. One of our guys has reached the level to venture to the OWPVP area and he will give us a report of what it's like tonight. Overall I'm enjoying this game more than I thought I would. It doesn't bring anything amazingly new to the genre but it's something to play until GW2.

Things the game has going for it:

1) Story. It's freaking Star Wars! We were ALL once kid nerds who always wanted to be a bad ass lightsaber wielding maniac. The personal Story is VERY well done and is unique in the MMO genre. Basically if you've played any single player Bioware game that's exactly what the personal story is like but in an MMO. Lots of cut scenes that are well done, rich quality story, etc. In most MMO's I've never given a damn about the story, I just wanted to kill shit but in this game I've actually been following the story and it's different for each character class. (There is space combat but I have yet to partake in it so I cannot comment on it.)

2) Lightside/Darkside. These are points accumulated from choices you make in your quests. Basically it comes down to being nice and caring or a blood thirsty maniacal bad ass killer who shoots/stabs first and asks questions later. The choices you make also affect the relationship with your companion (you get a total of 4 companions who fight beside you in the game.) Some of your companions are heavy on the light and some on the dark side.

3) Companions. A very unique aspect to MMO genre. Basically they are like pets that are bad ass and have great UI. They fight along side you, craft for you, talk to you, vendor your trash, and are involved in your story. As I mentioned above you get a total of 4. Each one is different, you get a tank, dps, and healer type. Only one can be out at a time.

The things I feel need improvement are:

1) Grouping outside of instances. For the most part you can solo level, you don't really need anyone else aside from your companion unless you are doing heroic rank 4 quest(nothing in common with heroic WoW crap). I soloed heroic rank 2 quests with my companion easily. I feel there should be more grouping outside of instance but I only hit 20 so who knows what the higher level areas will be like. The pve instances I did do we rolled through easily.

2) The graphics engine. After playing Aion I'm a lil biased. This is 2011, the graphics are like that of a game in 2008. I'm running this on max on my 560 ti that's being OC'ed and I'm receiving anywhere between 60 and 111 frames, a guildy has an 8800 GTS and was getting 25-40 frames. It looks ok but the graphics could have been way better. Also note Anti Aliasing is currently disabled in the beta so I hope when it goes live it will look better.

3) Open World pvp. I haven't partaken in it yet because I haven't reached that area but god do I hope it's fun. The instanced pvp is great, it's a lot of fun if you are doing it with an organized group but as we all know instanced pvp can get very old real quick. There is a free for all area called the smugglers den that is FFA pvp. I can go and kill my guildies if I find them there and will not hesitate to if they are a douche :P

After taking 3 Characters to level 20 I'd currently rate the game an 7.5 out of 10. It's more stable than most other games that I've beta tested.

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:11 pm

18 more days and it'll be live! I'm going to have withdrawl again like I did in the last beta.

The game is super smooth and stable. Warzones are a blast, three I have played and there are two more yet to be open to the public. There is a higher level FFA pvp area where you can attack your own faction and all the npc's.

Also shooting a laser is way to much fun. Now all I need is to convince heads to play Republic for instant q's and underdog status. :toothy10:

-Bruce Lee

Elfdroper - Merlin

Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:04 pm

So, the SWToR release is close. What is everyone's plan? Anyone else know who or where you are playing? I have a mini group playing on Zera's server. I believe he is rolling with a guild he has history with but I am unsure of the name. We should at least keep a list here so it will be easier to find each other. You know this game is going to be king of the alts.

Zuldar
Respectable Gimp

Postby Zuldar » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:21 pm

I will be on a pvp server playing sith in the guild kajidic, that's about all I know at this point. They said they would be assigning early registered guilds to servers soon.

I had a blast playing the bounty hunter over the last 2 weeks but my main will still be the juggernaut cause its more my play style.

If anyone needs a home feel free to at least check out the site, kajidic.com
Currently Zulcatt.4782 in GW2

Formerly: Zulcatt the Sage in Asheron's Call and Ultima Online
Zuldar/Zulcatt/Zli/Unfragged/Isosceles in DAOC
Zul' the jedi in SWG
Zulcatt/Zulkatt/Zul in WOW and Rift and SWTOR
All retired

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:41 pm

You guys seem to always pick good servers so I'm game to roll whichever looks to be the most active and whatnot, long as its pvp course.

-Bruce Lee

Elfdroper - Merlin

Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:12 pm

Twystyd wrote:So, the SWToR release is close. What is everyone's plan? Anyone else know who or where you are playing? I have a mini group playing on Zera's server. I believe he is rolling with a guild he has history with but I am unsure of the name. We should at least keep a list here so it will be easier to find each other. You know this game is going to be king of the alts.

Guild Name is Check Your Tears. We chose a pvp server to be placed on but the guild placement hasn't told which exact one yet. If we get placed on a shit pvp server we will move to another one ASAP. Guilds are all trying to decide where to go so the next week or so it will all come together. We're going Sith Empire. Once I get the email stating what server we're on I'll let you all know. http://www.swtor.com/guilds/263417/check-your-tears

The period to add members to the guild has passed. Anyone who wants in will have to wait till early access on the 15th or retail launch. I should get in on the 15th as I pre-ordered on the 26th of July. I'll keep everyone posted.

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:01 pm

You guys keep me up to speed on how things are turning out and what the deal is for the next title drop.

If the game is stupid good, my interest may be piqued, though I remain doubtful. My friend has been talking this game up to me for the last 3 weeks straight, ever since I let my last beta entry rot. I'm more concerned with endgame pvp/pve than with what is accessible to the early levels in beta.

I'll still be keeping my eyes on GW2.
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:04 pm

Sirion wrote:You guys keep me up to speed on how things are turning out and what the deal is for the next title drop.

If the game is stupid good, my interest may be piqued, though I remain doubtful. My friend has been talking this game up to me for the last 3 weeks straight, ever since I let my last beta entry rot. I'm more concerned with endgame pvp/pve than with what is accessible to the early levels in beta.

I'll still be keeping my eyes on GW2.

/Russian voice: I am disappoint.....

I understand where you are coming from though. I do hope the end game of SWTOR turns out to be great because so far in the past two betas I've been in I have been having a blast.

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:42 pm

Hah, I hear ya, I'm just attempting to keep my options open without having to commit to actually playing. If I buy the game, and it turns out that I don't really like the endgame content, then it will have felt like a waste of money and time. We'll see how it goes.
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:44 pm

I just wish they would let me know my Early acces day already...

-Bruce Lee

Elfdroper - Merlin

Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Return to “Gaming Discussion”