Sup? :P
DAOC - WoW - AoC - WAR - Aion - Rift - GW - SW:TOR - GW2

Zera Targaryen - 80 Mesmer
Zera Giantsbane - 80 Thief
Zera Plaguewind - 80 Necro

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:09 pm

So, is the silence good or bad? I haven't heard much in the way of anything in regards to this game, so either everyone that plays it is actually enamored of it - a good proposition, or it flopped so fast that no one wants to remember it - hello AoC, WAR, and Aion.

The only posts I've read about it are in relation to how much a grind the pvp is, but of course, forum posts are typically only ever made by the disgruntled.
DAoC > WoW
Call me sir.

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:25 pm

I hear mixed reviews, but I haven't found anyone that's terribly thrilled with it. Most are just waiting for the new to wear off, and something else to come out. :huh:

I like aspects of it, but there's quite a bit of balance issues needed for PVP in my opinion. Still playing it though... for now

Nilbert500
Ass Jammer

Postby Nilbert500 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:01 pm

Still playing it until I get a job :biggrin: mmos for me are just something you play for a few months when you have a free time then quit when you have more stuff going on. I don't see myself ever playing 1 mmo for 6+ months ever again.
Rift: Seastone = Defiant (Nilbert)
Formally known as Nipples

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:50 am

The sad thing for me is that I'm quickly becoming bored with WoW, we've done the normal content and started heroics last week. We have two bosses down and are starting attempts on the third. The problem is that while the fights are certainly more difficult, they're still the same bosses in the same instances with the same trash that we've been clearing for two months. We started raiding late in hopes that the second content patch would be out before we had to bother with heroics; that was not the case.

I want a dynamic endgame so bad that I'm considering attempting to get some of my friends to try out DAoC strictly for its pvp endgame which, theoretically, varies from night to night. It's been a year or two since I've played, but back then it seemed like pvp occurred on numerous fronts and in numerous formats. If the damn UI and control structure for the game wasn't so damned offputting, I might actually be able to convince at least four or five people to check it out. Oh well, here's hoping something good comes along eventually. Until then, I will closet develop a game in the hopes of one day pitching to an intelligent company and becoming filthy rich as a developer or something. Lulz.
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:24 pm

Sirion wrote:The sad thing for me is that I'm quickly becoming bored with WoW, we've done the normal content and started heroics last week. We have two bosses down and are starting attempts on the third. The problem is that while the fights are certainly more difficult, they're still the same bosses in the same instances with the same trash that we've been clearing for two months. We started raiding late in hopes that the second content patch would be out before we had to bother with heroics; that was not the case.

I want a dynamic endgame so bad that I'm considering attempting to get some of my friends to try out DAoC strictly for its pvp endgame which, theoretically, varies from night to night. It's been a year or two since I've played, but back then it seemed like pvp occurred on numerous fronts and in numerous formats. If the damn UI and control structure for the game wasn't so damned offputting, I might actually be able to convince at least four or five people to check it out. Oh well, here's hoping something good comes along eventually. Until then, I will closet develop a game in the hopes of one day pitching to an intelligent company and becoming filthy rich as a developer or something. Lulz.

I wish we were on your server or vice versa. We never have enough on to raid these days (It's just 5 or 6 of us) and we all refuse to join the 400 member lvl 25 guilds out there. I think WoW would be a lot more fun with a larger pool of friends to play with. People you actually care about helping out and get excited for when something cool happens. Were pretty much PvPing and alt farming heroics until 4.1 and the new 5 mans come out. Cheers bro.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:09 am

If my friends wanted to run 25mans I would have you guys come over with what you have. I've got a friend in another guild on this server that can only field 8 reliable players (two of their ten such apparently) and with all of you and them we could definitely pull out some 25s. With everyone's lack of desire to do 25s though, its tough to pull in too many members. Every guild I've been that has done two 10-man groups has always had people from the less progressed 10man ragequit.

Edit: Ironically it would probably be easier to progress in 25s considering there are only a few fights where 25s are actually harder than 10s in this tier of content.
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:09 am

That's just me talking. I doubt I could get everyone to pony up cash to server switch. The only other people that know you guys are Kim and Adida. Nailzz does a little bit but just from the month or two of AoC.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:06 pm

I'm not happy with it and resubbed to Aion yesterday. Although they have a "PvP" patch due out on the 10th all it does is fix blatant class imbalances and brings classes that were over-nerfed back to some reasonable level of playability. At least in Aion I KNOW there is PvP 24/7, open Word PvP, Keep Sieges, etc. In rift there's just open world ganking and Warfronts aka Scenarios from WAR aka Battlegrounds from WoW. In the end I'm done with this shit, I've had more fun playing Dragon Age 2 than I have Rift. Like I said at least in Aion which is SO far from perfect there's pvp every where. Rift needs a REAL pvp environment, zones like DAOC or WAR that promoted PvP, there's no such thing in Rift right now.

:(

GW2 is my last hope. If it fails then that's it for me with MMO's.
DAOC - WoW - AoC - WAR - Aion - Rift - GW - SW:TOR - GW2

Zera Targaryen - 80 Mesmer

Zera Giantsbane - 80 Thief

Zera Plaguewind - 80 Necro

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:16 am

2 things

Zera - Amen brotha!

Sirion - I forgot Tingtong. Obviously you know Ting from around here and AoC.

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:45 am

:(

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Mon May 02, 2011 7:11 am

PvP games don't get 11 million subscribers, so no one thinks it's worth it to make them anymore I guess. Sucks for us oldschoolers who liked to pvp for the sake of pvping, but that's just how it is until a company of pvp gamers gets formed and creates a game that tries to be a real pvp game. Of course, some of those gamers see factionalized pvp as fake, and the only think 'real' pvp is the FFA crap you find in AoC and on servers like the 'dreds in DAoC.

I'm going to make a game, not give a shit about pulling in billions of dollars. I'll be fine with millions ;p
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Return to “Gaming Discussion”