RIFT beta key

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Zuldar
Respectable Gimp

RIFT beta key

Postby Zuldar » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:50 am

If anyone is interested I have a beta key with 25 uses for RIFT, release date set for march 1 2011.

I will probably just do the beta but am ultimately killing time till SWTOR comes out hopefull middle of this year.

Check out RIFT at riftgame.com, make an account and apply this code to get beta invites. They don't keep the beta servers online all the time yet at least, they send out invites to when they will turn them on like this week tuesday through friday they will be on.

Code

TXDM-KWQ9-GM2M-YE29-JKR7

Zulcatt

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:57 am

Sweet Zuldar TY. My friend Tingtong has been playing the beta and actually thinks the game is quite good. I wouldn't mind checking it out.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:12 pm

Awesome,

Thank you!

I'll be giving it a shot. A couple of friends have been talking to me about it and I'm getting bored with Aion to be honest.

Twyst if Mike likes it please post his impressions on the boards here as he doesn't come here anymore.
DAOC - WoW - AoC - WAR - Aion - Rift - GW - SW:TOR - GW2

Zera Targaryen - 80 Mesmer
Zera Giantsbane - 80 Thief
Zera Plaguewind - 80 Necro

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:29 pm

He said it's a bit of a WoW clone but perhaps a bit easier then Cataclysm which should cater well. Everyone is complaining about WoW instances being too difficult atm requesting nerfs. He said the "make or break" will be what kind of PvP they can generate. As we all know WoW PvP pretty much fails unless you like playing ring around the rosie breaking line of sight for 10 minutes in arenas.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:26 am

I just got into the beta; it reminds me of WAR mixed with Aion framed within a WoW interface. I was moderately surprised to see 8 specializations within the rogue class, could spell out balance issues or cookie-cutter issues dumbing the game down to four classes (whatever the three best specs are for the four archetypes), but it could be well balanced and pretty deep.

As far as the pvp goes, I have no hope for any game that doesn't realize that faction wars with only two sides never turn out good for anything but battlegrounds (and even then, only for the side with less people queuing) which just feel so boring in comparison to open world pvp. Let me know if you guys play it and which server, I'll make sure to try to hit you up in the next phase.
DAoC > WoW
Call me sir.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:11 pm

Sirion wrote:As far as the pvp goes, I have no hope for any game that doesn't realize that faction wars with only two sides never turn out good for anything but battlegrounds (and even then, only for the side with less people queuing) which just feel so boring in comparison to open world pvp. Let me know if you guys play it and which server, I'll make sure to try to hit you up in the next phase.

Well said Chris, I could not agree more. I don't see myself playing this at release unless the pvp is amazing and like Chris, I have my doubts. The game is very polished though unlike Warhammer.

TrollFunk
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby TrollFunk » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:25 am

Well just signed up for Rift Beta. We had a massive exodus from my WoW guild, and after alot of shit going on, i'm not to fond of hanging around this time and see it rebuildt(again x3).

Hopefully my invite should be here soon(ish).
"The temperature inside this apple pie is over 1000 degrees. If I squeeze it, a jet of molten bramley apple will squirt out. Could go your way; could go mine. Either way, one of us is going down! - Alan Partridge"

Zuldar
Respectable Gimp

Postby Zuldar » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:05 am

I really enjoyed the last round of the beta, the next round starts up today and ends monday. They are doing a stress test tomorrow afternoon. Quite impressed with the public groups when you run up to where a rift is you get an invite to a group with the other people there. I've heard people say the skill trees look similar but those people didn't get deep enough in them to notice. The first few line or 2 of the trees have very similar items but farther in they are very unique.
Currently Zulcatt.4782 in GW2

Formerly: Zulcatt the Sage in Asheron's Call and Ultima Online
Zuldar/Zulcatt/Zli/Unfragged/Isosceles in DAOC
Zul' the jedi in SWG
Zulcatt/Zulkatt/Zul in WOW and Rift and SWTOR
All retired

Return to “Gaming Discussion”