The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

MAG PS3

Postby Twystyd » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:38 pm

Continued from thread

Official website

1st Day Impression

The key to a fun experience isn't finding 128 or even 64 like-minded, serious gamers, but finding enough to lock in a squad. Those are the people you will be chatting with, working with and fighting with.

That's one of the things about MAG, it can't really be played as a typical shooter. The objectives are complex and designed strategically to require genuine group efforts to complete them. Get in with a squad of guys who want to spend the whole time laughing about how they ran each other over with a tank, and you'll never win. Get in with a team who bark out orders and sniper positions and you're going to win. It's also going to be some of the most fun you'll have in a shooter.
Last edited by Twystyd on Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:17 am

OK I ordered my copy. It should be here in a week or so.

The fact that the original soundtrack for MAG was composed by the symphonic metal band Apocalyptica is hot.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

TrollFunk
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby TrollFunk » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:25 am

"The temperature inside this apple pie is over 1000 degrees. If I squeeze it, a jet of molten bramley apple will squirt out. Could go your way; could go mine. Either way, one of us is going down! - Alan Partridge"

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:20 pm

Thanks man. Not bad scores for a console title. I'm looking forward to getting in but am still waiting on my copy from UPS. I should have it any day now and will let you guys know what I think. I'm not sure we have a lot of twitch gamers here but if anyone plays let me know.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:58 am

My copy just arrived today. It seems it was delayed due to weather but wtf are you going to do. The game is a blast and playing with southern white kids trying to talk gangster is the best part. I was able to get into a dozen matches or so and a quick observation in regard to early game xp. You gain +5 xp per frag and +10 for healing after Resuscitation. I can only assume you should spec: Medic Kit (2sp)--->Resuscitation (2sp) by level 4 and prioritize healing team mates. Anything else makes very little sense. I'll know more after this weekend and I get some time.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:14 pm

Quick update: Guild is made and we are lacking soldiers of all things. The game is high twitch without a target lock system so it's not for everyone. We are playing S.V.E.R. under the tag [SIN]. I would highly recommend a headset if you are thinking of playing this game with anyone.

Current population as of this post:
37% Raven
32% SVER
31% Valor

Skill calculator

Return to “Gaming Discussion”