DAOC - WoW - AoC - WAR - Aion - Rift - GW - SW:TOR - GW2

Zera Targaryen - 80 Mesmer
Zera Giantsbane - 80 Thief
Zera Plaguewind - 80 Necro

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:47 am

On purpose? Good God no.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:55 pm

A lot of people I know quit Aion to go back to it as nothing that's out now is even worth it for pvp. I am doing the 10 day free trial and I will say the Ywain cluster is full of people. They've made it easy as fuck to get geared out also. I may go back because as of right now I'm 48 in Aion and don't see myself hitting 50 because the grind just fucking sucks.

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:08 pm

Hello Kitty Island Adventure is where it's at! :onfire:

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:33 pm

I seriously think I'm done with MMO's. I will Aion another grueling month and if it doesn't work out I'm sticking to single player games. Coming home from a long days work only to grind until I feel like a zombie isn't my idea of fun, all I want to do is kill people and as of late there's no one in the abyss except for when fort timers are up and the zergs come out.. I am going to give SW:TOR a shot, I signed up for the beta and hope to get in. I hope it's not another pve game or that shit's out the window.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:42 pm

Zeratulx wrote:I seriously think I'm done with MMO's. I will Aion another grueling month and if it doesn't work out I'm sticking to single player games. Coming home from a long days work only to grind until I feel like a zombie isn't my idea of fun, all I want to do is kill people and as of late there's no one in the abyss except for when fort timers are up and the zergs come out.. I am going to give SW:TOR a shot, I signed up for the beta and hope to get in. I hope it's not another pve game or that shit's out the window.

That's exactly where I am bro. I have less time these days and don't play games to grind. I don't really mind the grind if the end game is worth it but I doubt I'll play a MMO within the first 3 months again.

BTW, whaduuuup Zera have a good holiday man! Break out some of that wallet bro and Get a PS3. Nailzz and I have been screwing around on PSN. A couple Epic Fail/Rage Quit guys (Tings crew) are kicking it around. Killer exclusives coming out for Sony this year and it doesnt take very long to adjust to console gaming.
Last edited by Twystyd on Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:44 pm

Same shit different day Twyst, hope you're doing well.I have a PS3 but haven't really messed with it online at all. I'll have to get online and see what you guys are up to LOL.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:51 pm

Zeratulx wrote:Same shit different day Twyst, hope you're doing well.I have a PS3 but haven't really messed with it online at all. I'll have to get online and see what you guys are up to LOL.

Sick! I'll add you. PM me or whatever your PSN name when you get a chance.

Fridgend is mine. (Twyst/Twystyd EVERYTHING was taken)
Nailzz34 is Nailzz

Killzone 2, Borderlands atm...MAG (PS3 shooter MMO) should be interesting in a few months. I'm always down to buy whatever games if they doesn't suck.

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:12 am

Yes, Scott and I are playing it again out of boredom and the fact that there are 3k+/- people on Ywain every night. He's been on his hunter, Hepir, and I've been on my Shadowblade, Sirion. We play Ywain-10 and use the old ass Resonance vent. We're both anon most of the time, so if you log in to play just send one of us a tell, most likely you will get Scott before me since I'm still busy with finals this week.
DAoC > WoW
Call me sir.

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:16 am

Twystyd wrote:That's exactly where I am bro. I have less time these days and don't play games to grind. I don't really mind the grind if the end game is worth it but I doubt I'll play a MMO within the first 3 months again. .

That's about where I am with gaming right now too, except that I don't think that I'd even consider the long grind for the endgame one way or another. I simply can't justify something like Aion, where, sure I could get to 50 in a month or two, but I would have to literally play all waking hours of the day to do so. Also, it's lame to come home from 5 hours of class and 8 hours of work to do 3 hours of gaming and not even get a quarter of a level, all so that I can do in that game what I did 9 years ago in DAoC in the first place. If DAoC was released 5 years later with a better UI that game would still be huge.
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:29 am

Sirion wrote:
Twystyd wrote:That's exactly where I am bro. I have less time these days and don't play games to grind. I don't really mind the grind if the end game is worth it but I doubt I'll play a MMO within the first 3 months again. .

That's about where I am with gaming right now too, except that I don't think that I'd even consider the long grind for the endgame one way or another. I simply can't justify something like Aion, where, sure I could get to 50 in a month or two, but I would have to literally play all waking hours of the day to do so. Also, it's lame to come home from 5 hours of class and 8 hours of work to do 3 hours of gaming and not even get a quarter of a level, all so that I can do in that game what I did 9 years ago in DAoC in the first place. If DAoC was released 5 years later with a better UI that game would still be huge.

Completely understand man. Things are never going to be like the teens and early 20's again when literally dumping 60-70 hrs a week into a video game was no big deal.

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:38 am

Yea playing casually is also much more fulfilling to me now also. I feel like I have such little time online I really enjoy it alot.

That's why I liked WAR so much because it was super casually friendly from day one. I'm actually plaaying wow again now casually and bringing my 2nd toon to 80.

It's ridiculouse how easy they made the game especially now with the Dungeon Finder tool. I litterally log on and I'm like hmm I'll think I'll pvp, I Que and it pops. Or I think I want to run a dungeon, I Que and it pops.

Say what you want about the carebearness/gameplay but WoW has completely changed and I've been happy w/ it. :toothy10:
Gravelender AKA Elfdropper

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
-Bruce Lee

Jahman the blueberry Shaman - Dragonblight
Elfdroper - Merlin
Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:46 pm

Say what you want about the carebearness/gameplay but WoW has completely changed and I've been happy w/ it.

I completely agree Marty. WoW really is the best thing on the market for playing casual. I don't think there is an argument for any other game to be close.

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:25 pm

LOL @ your avatar Twyst. My wife and I were channel surfing one night and came across the show right at that part, we're now fans of the show lol!

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:57 pm

Dunno, war is pretty casual friendly. I'm playing it afterall :onfire:

Return to “Gaming Discussion”