Anyone playing DAOC now?

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:26 pm

Speaking about in game player run economies, my girlfriend just came across this article today while she was checking something out on yahoo. I thought it was interesting and looked up a bit of info on the game itself, since I've never heard of it before. Apparently everything that happens within the game is actually economically driven by the players themselves but what's more interesting is that the economy actually runs off of real world money. The in-game currency can be traded out at any given time for real money (I think it was something like 10g:1$ ratio). I'm not really sure how the actual in-game economy works, but I know several people who were really good at turning a profit in other games, and wonder if that can be applied to this game. There is apparently no fee to play or download, but it's relatively difficult to get into without some sort of investment because you start off with no weapons etc. Anyways, I found the article I read about it interesting, a related article to this one claims that some guy made $100k based on taxes applied to people utilizing his land within the game, and that his virtual assets were worth somewhere close to $1 million.
DAoC > WoW
Call me sir.

Eirene
Ass Jammer

Postby Eirene » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:44 pm

Nope I don't anymore. Wts account? lol
The message buck stops here.

Adida
Ass Jammer

Postby Adida » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:17 pm

I'm playing alb :blush:

Supreem