DAoC to Crysis Conversion

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

DAoC to Crysis Conversion

Postby Twystyd » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:04 am

Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

Postby Zoidmeister » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:42 pm

Hey Law hope all is well.

So for a newbface like me does this mean we can fire up Crysis and at least explore DAOC maps?

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:44 pm

Zoidmeister wrote:Hey Law hope all is well.

So for a newbface like me does this mean we can fire up Crysis and at least explore DAOC maps?

Zoid everything's well man and I hope the same for you. To be honest bro that's a better question for Barbos or anyone else with an IQ above room temperature which leaves Barbos...um...errr....ehh I'm sure I'm leaving someone out but you get the drift. My understanding is not at this time but someone could host an illegal one I suppose. There are many private servers currently available for DAoC. Skirmisher (Affrix/Josh whatever) plays them all the time and gets banned form most.
Last edited by Twystyd on Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:56 pm

Conversion FAQ
"Can I have copy of map"
- No, I'm not going to release full maps, as all models are copyright by Mythic.

"Why you are doing this?"
- Just my personal interest for 3D Engines and Crysis.

"Can you make character models also"
- I can export static models to Crysis, basically also character model should be exportable, but as export do not give any animation and I do not have skill to make those, so conversion is quite useless :)

"Can you build ML9/Cities"
- This I checked quickly, there is not too many models in ML9, so it should be possible as I already converted some of models. But geometry working differently on those than normal terrain zones.
- Capital cities and some dungeons have just too many models to convert, so don't have time to make those.

"Daoc is working great, no need to new engine"
- Yes it's working, but Mythic/Gamebryo don't provide extra "candy" for users which like high end graphics and I think this is one of reasons why DAoC not get many new players anymore.

"have you contact Mythic?"
- I did contact Mythic, but did not get any replies yet.

"How this works?"
All terrain conversion things currently running top of Linux
- Extracted mpk with dempak (can be done also in Windows with DAoCMPAKManager.exe)
- shell script which converts heighmap pcx images to png and texture dds to tga.
- php script to read zone data and build Crysis xml layers and xml vegetation data.
- php script to combine heightmap data and build whole realm heightmap.
- php script to combine texturemaps to one big texture which is used as base color in Crysis.

If someone have more questions, just send those via youtube or reply to blog, I will try to reply those much as I can.

Return to “Gaming Discussion”