Aion Players Ding 50

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Aion Players Ding 50

Postby Twystyd » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:24 am

Massively.com article

Always so much hate for the first to 50s...

Everyone needs to chime in about how they have a real life so this accomplishment is meaningless. I only assume most of their real lives are just as irrelevant as a video game accomplishment. I don't think many people who are advancing humanity for a living are hanging out at Massively.com

How is everyone doing? Anyone getting frustrated with the 35+ grind or is everyone still enjoying the game.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:21 pm

What's up Twyst.

I'm almost 38 and it has been a grind since 32 I'd say. As a Ranger I've started soloing elites and getting anywhere from 258k to 320k+ depending on rest experience. Truth be told the grind here is similar to the grind in DAOC so it's something we're all used to. There are grind groups going but nothing like the aoe groups of DAOC which were sick ass EXP. All in all I'm enjoying the game a lot, since 32 I haven't been doing alot of pvp in the Abyss as I've been focusing on trying to level and leveling my crafting skills but from 25-32 I was in the abyss 24/7 and it was a shit ton of fun.
DAOC - WoW - AoC - WAR - Aion - Rift - GW - SW:TOR - GW2

Zera Targaryen - 80 Mesmer
Zera Giantsbane - 80 Thief
Zera Plaguewind - 80 Necro

Nilbert500
Ass Jammer

Postby Nilbert500 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:34 pm

I agree with it feeling like daoc. I'm betting it'll take about 20 days /played to get to 50 like it took me in daoc, even though there is no /played command :dontgetit: I definitely like the game, just wish there were more options for group grinding, as solo grinding or questing kinda sucks. What servers you guys playing on?
Rift: Seastone = Defiant (Nilbert)
Formally known as Nipples

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:48 am

Triniel - Asmo.

Winke
Donkey Fucker

Postby Winke » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:27 pm

Myself (chanter), Lubu(cleric), Tavish(templar), and Mourningblade(gladiator) are trucking along as well as we can, we all have real life priorities. Were all hovering at about 26-27 and are beginning to grind the Abyss. So far we can accomplish with 3 what most people need full groups for so that helps with the exp grind.

Looking forward to doing some end game pvp whith the guild when were all closer to 50.

Winke

TrollFunk
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby TrollFunk » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:57 pm

Hit 30 last night during a keep taking. Was epic fun taking on the balaur and asmodians at the same time :).

Has a cleric i hated the grind before lvl 28 really, now i'm just plowing down mobs in the abyss. Currently got Gathering at 219 and Armorsmithing at 249 so im a happy camper. Completed my blue lvl 28 chain yet last night aswell, pumped up with hp mana stones and magical resistance...gonna see how that holds up in pvp :p

All in all, loving this game, completly. My only beef is with NC Soft at this point and their slow ass GM's and CSR responces. They did great in the production phase, but it feels like they fucked up the endgame regarding support.
"The temperature inside this apple pie is over 1000 degrees. If I squeeze it, a jet of molten bramley apple will squirt out. Could go your way; could go mine. Either way, one of us is going down! - Alan Partridge"

Winke
Donkey Fucker

Postby Winke » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:52 am

Zera are you guys short on any classes?

Winke

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:46 am

Well i had an 18 Glad 18 Sin 22Cleric 12chanter 11ranger 11Sorc and 11 SM. Needless to say i have a bit of altitis going on.

The Cleric was the most fun so far as I like the ranged classes in this game but there are so many clerics I am having trouble playing one. So now I am leaning toward the SM. Mainly because they are the least played class and I think the only other classes that will give me trouble are sins and chanters, possibly good GLads.

I don't know why it always takes me a month or so to pick a class when a game comes out. :toothy10:
Gravelender AKA Elfdropper

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
-Bruce Lee

Jahman the blueberry Shaman - Dragonblight
Elfdroper - Merlin
Torch - Heretic Lamorak

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:27 pm

I will probably quit somewhere between level 35-42 when everyone else is level 50 and quitting for some other new game. :(

May be even lower than that. Been a hell of a few weeks and I haven't had much time to play

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:03 pm

Winke wrote:Zera are you guys short on any classes?

Winke

Hey winke, we're low on templars.

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:10 am

Hehe @barbos I keep catching up to you on an alt then rerolling:p

Hey Zera how do you like your ranger? I'm in the air between a Ranger and an SM at the moment. Can rangers take out anyone pvp or is their survivability not there, I know they have pretty sick burst but unsure about their CC/utility. I know the SM is pretty much kings of 1vs1 but i'm not sure I dig the pet UI. :toothy10:
Gravelender AKA Elfdropper

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
-Bruce Lee

Jahman the blueberry Shaman - Dragonblight

Elfdroper - Merlin

Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:03 pm

Rangers 10-15 are hella hard and annoying but once you hit 19 you feel like a ranger and then at 25 you feel complete. I am 39 right now and loving it. At this level i can gank anyone if i get the jump on them, sleep silence, stuns make cor a deadly combo. Rangers aren't for everyone as it takes a lot to be a good ranger due to movement damage modifiers but
once you master jump shotting you're good. 10-19 really make or break the class for some. Spirit master was my first choice when i heard about Aion but hen i took a look at the ranger and the rest is history. SM who stack hp are a beast, dots, nukes, shields, pets and an OP fear make for one hell of a class.

****EDIT*****

This video is why I am a Ranger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYZbuO_g ... PL&index=8

Return to “Gaming Discussion”