Daoc, anyone still playing?

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Farfar
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Daoc, anyone still playing?

Postby Farfar » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:01 am

Anyone still playing?

more people start comming back atm, its fun imo.

some good 8v8 rvr going on now.
i had alot of chars

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:41 am

8 troll thanes spamming AE hammah ftw.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:52 pm

DAOC? what's that? :onfire:

Abysmal
Pathetic Chode

Postby Abysmal » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:22 pm

I find that I really, really miss those days. I have this feeling that I still want to play badly, but I think its just nostalgia talking.

Guess I can say that daoc truly was an addiction, as I played 8+ hours a day for most of the time during those 3-4 years and here 5 years later I still really miss it.
50 spiritmaster, 50 shaman, 50 shaman, 50 bard, 50 druid, 50 chanter, 50 necro, 50 minstrel, 50 healer, 50 runemaster, 60 hunter, 60 warrior, 60 druid and 60 paladin

If de bees wake up from dey dream we all die, but she die firsand de
moshorrible. He brushed frantically at his face and knocked away not
fingers but a large spider.

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:58 am

I reup'd a while ago, and it was still as fun as I remember it, even from the little amount of RvR I got to do in thid on Bossiney. I ended up going back to Killibury and leveling a Warrior, but I wound up getting too busy to play so I let the month expire, I might end up playing again later though.

The only real thing that's keeping me from going back and staying back is that I don't know if the game is worth 30$ a month to stay competitve considering there is going to be little to no real development going on in it since they have maybe two devs working on the game, one of which is supposedly part time. With the classic cluster slowly being absorbed into the ToA clusters and origins on an indefinate hold, there won't be any servers that I won't need to use a bot on, which was fine when DAoC still had real support from Mythic, but at this point, it's hard for me to justify paying for two accounts to be able to compete.
DAoC > WoW
Call me sir.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:50 pm

Very well said Aby I kind of feel the same way. I even felt that way about early WoW and every time I try the current version it's just not the same. DAoC was the best early on though.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

Postby Zoidmeister » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:58 pm

Abysmal wrote:I find that I really, really miss those days. I have this feeling that I still want to play badly, but I think its just nostalgia talking.

Guess I can say that daoc truly was an addiction, as I played 8+ hours a day for most of the time during those 3-4 years and here 5 years later I still really miss it.

I didn't get that much play time in but DAOC (unfortunately) is and was most likely my last MMO addiction.

I've found over the years returning to games gives you a lift the first few nights (or a week) and after that you come to a realization that the thrill is gone.

Too bad Mythic didn't have the dev bandwidth to seriously consider a DAOC 2 .... whatever that may be

:P :P :P :P :P

Return to “Gaming Discussion”