GUILD BETA INVITES WENT OUT!!! CHECK THE BETA CENTER!!

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Bulor
Ass Jammer

Postby Bulor » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:58 pm

barbos wrote:It's sooooo big! :nervous:

thats what she said
DAOC-SOLD
Lieph (heal)/ Sapporo & Djur(Sham)/ Qute & Brail(SBs)/ Bulor (war)/ Blackroc (ska)/ Antigun & Antigunn (SMs)
WOW-SOLD
Lieph (Warlock) / Vexi (Hunter)
WAR- CLOSED BETA!

Sectoid
Pathetic Chode

Postby Sectoid » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:32 pm

The servers are now live btw.
Kandar/Hamback

kingchubz
Ub3r Albino Board Troll

Postby kingchubz » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:04 pm

I think it's for testing the game on different types of machines, nvida x card or ati x card paird with this OS and that CPU.

oh what server are we all planning on playing on?

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:15 pm

Tyrion server got a few toons there named Jahman and Dahman. Wow is all i gotta say.
Gravelender AKA Elfdropper

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
-Bruce Lee

Jahman the blueberry Shaman - Dragonblight
Elfdroper - Merlin
Torch - Heretic Lamorak

killets
Ass Jammer

Postby killets » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:18 pm

oh did bwc get into the warhammer beta? how do i get in on that? :)
pink's dad and mom are conjoined at the waist.

friend to all bwc/scourn. like it or not.

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:13 pm

killets wrote:how do i get in on that? :)

You visit more than once every three months ;)

Nilbert500
Ass Jammer

Postby Nilbert500 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:12 pm

barbos wrote:
killets wrote:how do i get in on that? :)

You visit more than once every three months ;)

owned, this is why im a forum troll.
Rift: Seastone = Defiant (Nilbert)
Formally known as Nipples

killets
Ass Jammer

Postby killets » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:00 am

hey now... i visit at least once a month!

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:39 am

Hey Kill whats up with Mediocrity man? You guys were kicking ass when you checked in a couple months ago. Just burnt out for the most part?
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

killets
Ass Jammer

Postby killets » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:34 pm

casualty of m'uru.

at our peak we were like 48th or 49th in the US (killing twins anyways). i think despite the fact that we haven't raided sunwell in 2 months, we're still ike 70th or 80th in the US or something according to wowprogress.com.

just 2-3 months of m'uru and people threw in the towel. happened to a majority of the top guilds. all it takes is a couple people to burnout to make m'uru an exercise in headbashing and futility.... so for the most part, there's a little luck whether or not your roster included anyone who couldn't take 3 months of wiping. most of our vets went off to join gentlemen's club, death wish, etc. it's not just 3 months of wiping.. it was so unforgiving on the makeup required (i mean, literally impossible without like 3-4 shaman for p2 bloodlust purposes), the gear requirement, the dps requirement, all of it pretty much required your A-team on for everyday of attempts... you can't make progress with your A-team only coming together 1-2 days / week (which we did, since our A-team avg'd about 85% attendance... even 1 absence really hurt us). some guilds that have a roster of 30 100% attendance peopel obviously learned and killed m'uru faster.. but anyways, that was the death of us.

some went to help form this guild on kiljaeden, cuties only (former nascent, flying hellfish, overrated and gummi bears guys.. and medio guys now).

i'll stay with the ship until it sails. we just casual pvp / raid now.... i pug it up with nurfed once in a while. maybe we'll do some joint sunwell raiding with other m'uru casualties (although they nerfed him finally... about 3 months too late).

Nilbert500
Ass Jammer

Postby Nilbert500 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:19 pm

I'll never understand why people will try so hard to get the best gear and not use it for pvp :nervous:
Rift: Seastone = Defiant (Nilbert)

Formally known as Nipples

killets
Ass Jammer

Postby killets » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:53 pm

the best pve gear is only great for say, AV ownage.. maybe a little WSG/AB/EOTS ownage too, provided you're fighting weak pugs.

blizzard did a good job of using resilience to distinguish between the two. with that said, once you got past a certain point, it was more for pushing end-game encounters. despite what some MIGHT think, the encounters are honestly really cool... if only they nerfed some of them earlier (aka m'uru).

the reasons people still covet the gear, despite the pvp/pve differential, is a few ...

1) epeen and exclusivity. WoW is still more a PvE game than a PvP game.. there's really nothing separating people otherwise, since most gear is so ubiquitous. everyone has badge gear. everyone has kara/za gear. what distinguishes you from others, is the gear that not everyone can get... whether its the gear you get by insane luck (warglaives), the gear you get from being wasteful with money (spectral tiger), or the gear that you "earn" by putting in time with a raiding guild, its there for the epeen.

i mean, how many people do you know with a vanquished tentacle of c'thun at their bidding? its a pretty damn cool item.

2) security and expendability. people like feeling wanted... and to be honest, 50% of endgame raiding is kept in check by gear (the other 50% is stupidity... try doing heigan with idiots). some call the elite gear as sort of merit badges... they really don't want you able to compete at the highest levels without earning your merit badges at lower levels. and with that, is a degree of expendabilility. once you have the gear, the guild you're in won't be able to give up the investment they've made on you, and even if they do, having gear makes other guilds covet you more. guilds want to recruit the best geared... b/c that's an easy metric to recruit based on... the skill metric is extremely difficult to gauge without some sort of inside information.

3) well... there are a few slots where pve gear is better than pvp gear.. an excellent example is getting 4pc gladiator, 4pc t6 (only possible with the 3 t6 accessories for sunwell). the top end weapons as well.

FreshMeat
Ub3r Albino Board Troll

Postby FreshMeat » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:23 pm

Awesome, I am in. thanks Elfdropper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Could someone set me up with board access? 8)
Fresh Tauren Warrior
MOOOOOOOOOOOOO bitches!(Goodbye)

Fresh Offtheboat
Skald almost RR8 Merlin

Toastedkitty Anub Arak server T6 mage.

Cholo the DESTROYER gnome Ranger Venekor EQ2
Fresh The mighty Fury Venekor PVP EQ2

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:44 pm

is there a WaR board? I dont see it, ive been in beta for god knows how long.
[glow=blue]
A WoW Nerd, A DaOC Reject
and a sociopath[/glow]

[glow=blue]"Fucking Doughnut!!!!!, Mock Me??,You Fried Cyclops"[/glow]

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:35 pm

If there is still confusion on who sees what board please refer to topic - http://www.bloodwinterclan.com/viewtopic.7521.html

I asked the crew in vent if they knew you guys and most didn't. Of course a few of us do from DAoC 5 years ago but have not heard from you in an actual game since then. Everyone has access to private boards just not the same ones. We have active gamers that require forums that stay hidden. Ting prety much invites anyone he can into his guild so thats probably a good way to start on acquiring active status. From there it's as easy as showing us something in game.
Last edited by Twystyd on Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Return to “Gaming Discussion”