Starting areas and guild creation

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Sirion
Ass Jammer

Starting areas and guild creation

Postby Sirion » Tue May 13, 2008 6:25 am

Does everyone start in the same area, or is everyone going to start in a capital relative to their selected race? Primarilly wondering so we can go about getting some groups together in the starter zones if that's what goes down.

How does the guild formation process work? I know in DAoC you all had to be in the same room to create a guild, and in WoW you had to be in visual range of someone to have them sign a charter; so, how does it work in Conan?
DAoC > WoW
Call me sir.

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Tue May 13, 2008 7:33 am

Good question, hopefully someone will answer.
DAOC - WoW - AoC - WAR - Aion - Rift - GW - SW:TOR - GW2

Zera Targaryen - 80 Mesmer
Zera Giantsbane - 80 Thief
Zera Plaguewind - 80 Necro

Ceregon
Guild Drunk

Postby Ceregon » Tue May 13, 2008 7:40 am

Yeah, its something I wouldnt worry to much about honestly. We only have one more day before we can play so we will find out tomorrow.
Bored.

Candide
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Candide » Tue May 13, 2008 7:40 am

Everyone starts in the newbie area that you first saw in Open Beta, Tortage. I THINK this will be a NOPVP area, but not sure. Tortage goes until 19-21'st level. It is very fast, and most will solo this (in fact, much of the good quests are solo only).

From there, you leave to one of the 3 main starter cities, one for each race. There is (at least in open beta) free, instant transportation to the other 3 cities. These 3 cities are NOPVP for sure. The cities had varying degree of quests you could do, mostly fedex type quests to get familiar with the layout of the city.

Once you left the city is where the it is FFA PVP, and where the more traditional go kill em quests are. I assume you can do quests in any city regardless of race?

Not sure exactly how the guild creation goes. You had to be at least 20th level to make one. I think you can do it right from the interface, no NPC/room required. I'm guessing you have to have a full group to make a guild, but that is purely a guess.
Venderic, Candide or Mercutio in games.

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Tue May 13, 2008 8:38 am

:toothy10: Candide hit it on the head. 1-20 Tortage "night quest" then on to the main cities.

You need a full group to create a guild in any of the major cities, and I do believe there is a NPC for it near the bank. I think the NDA lift's tomorrow? So we should be able to find a bit more detailed info then. :toothy10:
Gravelender AKA Elfdropper

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
-Bruce Lee

Jahman the blueberry Shaman - Dragonblight
Elfdroper - Merlin
Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Return to “Gaming Discussion”