What server type are we playing on and...

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Sirion
Ass Jammer

What server type are we playing on and...

Postby Sirion » Sun May 11, 2008 8:33 pm

So, have we decided on rpvp/pvp/ or pve yet?

And, if we do go PvP, what type of pvp are we going to be doing? FFA PKing, or anti PKing? Only a few more days until we get started, might want to get a good discuss on this asap.
Last edited by Sirion on Sun May 11, 2008 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DAoC > WoW
Call me sir.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Sun May 11, 2008 8:39 pm

PvP is the only thing I'm under the impression we have settled on. I don't think were going to be full PK like the kiddies. I mean there really is not any challenge in running over lvl 5's at lvl 80. Most likely FFA pvp though until alliances play out. Were going to need to be aggressive with zones we need for leveling purposes.
Last edited by Twystyd on Sun May 11, 2008 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Sun May 11, 2008 8:41 pm

True that, I meant more like, out of the box killing pretty much everything that's roughly our level, or taking it moderatly steady and only killing douchebags and their feggish friends.

Edit: I'm all for taking it moderatly, but I'd like to be fairly persistant in killing PK guilds/people if that's the case, I felt I missed out on alot of fun on Mord/Andred because Myth (blegh) was fully anti pk, with like 2 KoS guilds, and the only pvp that could be done was against people either attacking you, or blatantly PKing everyone and their brother.
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Sun May 11, 2008 8:44 pm

Sirion wrote:True that, I meant more like, out of the box killing pretty much everything that's roughly our level, or taking it moderatly steady and only killing douchebags and their feggish friends.

If we see red around our level that can threaten up I say we jump it. Well probably be open to non aggression pacts with cool groups if it benefits us but we want to deliver the first shot as often as we can in the FFA environment.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Sun May 11, 2008 8:46 pm

Amen brother. I'm not for ganking anything that moves, but I'm all for hostile takeovers of territory to get shit taken care of without getting chain ganked and rez camped.
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Sun May 11, 2008 8:47 pm

I'm all for taking it moderatly, but I'd like to be fairly persistant in killing PK guilds/people if that's the case, I felt I missed out on alot of fun on Mord/Andred because Myth (blegh) was fully anti pk, with like 2 KoS guilds, and the only pvp that could be done was against people either attacking you, or blatantly PKing everyone and their brother.

I'm all for it man. I'd even lift the level respect on douchebags. If it's a guild full of fucktards I say we ass rape them repeatedly.

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Sun May 11, 2008 8:48 pm

I concur.
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Sun May 11, 2008 8:48 pm

Damn, I first saw the subject as "whatever server type" and was all hyped up about the "whatever" server type... I was assuming that was more of an "anything goes" server type... Similar to how UO was back when it first came out.

Now I'm highly disappointed :onfire:

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Sun May 11, 2008 8:55 pm

I've changed the title be happier good sir.
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Candide
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Candide » Mon May 12, 2008 6:24 am

Yeah, I'll never be a random ganker, just don't get the mentality. I love fun, fair fights. Killing someone who has no chance just to tick them off doesn't do anything for me.

That said, I'd be all for griefing the hell out of ganker guilds :onfire:

I remember doing that to Acid Reign on Andred. Biggest bunch of idiots on the server, was quite fun to slaughter them.
Venderic, Candide or Mercutio in games.

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Mon May 12, 2008 6:58 am

:toothy10: /signed :toothy10:
Gravelender AKA Elfdropper

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
-Bruce Lee

Jahman the blueberry Shaman - Dragonblight
Elfdroper - Merlin
Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Return to “Gaming Discussion”