Anyone else started to work on feat builds lol.

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Candide
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Candide » Sun May 11, 2008 5:46 pm

Dave/Mosthula is pretty set on Bear Sham, he enjoyed it, I know he was up to 26th when I had to go to a dumb wedding yesterday. Said he held his own pvp, and found pve easy.

PoM was really easy PvE'ing, and worked great in a group PvP. Didn't play it at 20+ tho.

Honestly, they all seem pretty well balanced, especially from a group perspective. There is a bit of rock/paper/scissors aspect, but it just as much influenced by situation. The ones I felt that was the weakest were Dark Templar and Necro, but I read people love the necro, again just not my kinda class.

I'm trying to get our group to give the PVP server a chance. If so that would be the following:

Me: Guardian
Saphyre: PoM
Mosthula: BearSham
Nikolaos: melee of some sort
Daoiid: was thinking ToS but not sure (he's a big one to convince, if he gets ganked too much I'll get pissed and log).
Amit: He changes his mind each day so dunno :P
Hyla/Desmo if he buy's it, not sure.

There are a few others too, but one will probably be in another guild, just wants to get in the same server. Not sure if the others are going to play yet or not.
Venderic, Candide or Mercutio in games.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Sun May 11, 2008 5:52 pm

'm trying to get our group to give the PVP server a chance. If so that would be the following:

I hope you do bro it would be nice to see some of those old names again. I think well have a pretty solid group going in.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Sun May 11, 2008 5:54 pm

God is it the fucking 17th yet, I can't even pick up and play my Monster Hunter Freedom 2 any more because of the AOC anticipation. I keep making different feat builds, reading the forums for any new info, etc. Told my wife during the week of the 17th to leave me the fuck alone cause I will be busy
:P
DAOC - WoW - AoC - WAR - Aion - Rift - GW - SW:TOR - GW2

Zera Targaryen - 80 Mesmer
Zera Giantsbane - 80 Thief
Zera Plaguewind - 80 Necro

Candide

Postby Candide » Sun May 11, 2008 6:10 pm

Yeah I know, same here. Wife has been doing work all day in the other room, so been pretty lazy today. Was bummed the servers were down.

If I wasn't quiting my job to go get some prereqs for med school done in august I would take a few days off I think.

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Sun May 11, 2008 7:58 pm

Twystyd wrote:Tings working on a new website for AoC as we speak.

Until I mess it all up :biggrin:

Speaking of messing up, I finally remembered to take the winter theme off... I've been looking at it all day and just now realized, hey that needs to go! :bigups:

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Sun May 11, 2008 8:01 pm

Speaking of messing up, I finally remembered to take the winter theme off... I've been looking at it all day and just now realized, hey that needs to go!

LOL OMG man my bad.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Mon May 12, 2008 11:06 am

Since I have become spoiled by my Resto Shaman and Druid I worked on a template that should (never played AOC) work off the same principle of Mana Whorage.

46/0/31
http://feats.goonheim.com/priestofmitra ... k5l1o2q1r1
[glow=blue]
A WoW Nerd, A DaOC Reject
and a sociopath[/glow]

[glow=blue]"Fucking Doughnut!!!!!, Mock Me??,You Fried Cyclops"[/glow]

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Mon May 12, 2008 3:17 pm

http://feats.goonheim.com/conqueror#t0a ... i3j3l2m1n1

Is what I threw together for a conq real fast just now.

Now, a few questions that come to mind are dropping some of the base soldier feats to pick up fierce opening, then improved wrath -> warlord/imp warlord, and maybe defiance -> imp defiance. To get defiance, I would have to drop pretty much all of the soldier feats, like this:

http://feats.goonheim.com/conqueror#t0a ... x5y2A1t2a2

What do you guys who have been playing think about some of that. Obviously, I'm not really seeing how everything plays out with relation to the game, since I haven't logged in even once.

edit: I also don't really know how some moves effect others, IE. if I can't use inspire while defiance is up, or while War Lord is up, then there's really no point in getting it.
DAoC > WoW
Call me sir.

Candide

Postby Candide » Mon May 12, 2008 5:07 pm

I have only sorta looked at feats. In beta at least there was feat respec guys for free, not sure what their stance will be.

Problem with all these things (and I've seen other feat calcs that have the same descriptions, but totaly different numbers) is you can't go by what they say. Theorycrafting as they say. Hard when you don't even know what the combo's they are talking about does!

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Wed May 21, 2008 7:51 pm

:toothy10: Looking at this spec for my ranger. After some testing of Xbow I find it to slow to pvp with, great damage but take to long for combos. By the time i get them going i get stunned or knocked back.

Going for a total AE damage build here hence the Shattering stance. I think i could get some really nice AE going for seiges with the stance and all me Bow AE combos. What do you think? :toothy10:

http://feats.goonheim.com/ranger#t0a5b5 ... w5x1y1t2a5
Gravelender AKA Elfdropper

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
-Bruce Lee

Jahman the blueberry Shaman - Dragonblight
Elfdroper - Merlin
Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Return to “Gaming Discussion”