Anyone else started to work on feat builds lol.

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Anyone else started to work on feat builds lol.

Postby Zeratulx » Sat May 10, 2008 4:44 pm

Judging from the Demonologist feats, the Havoc Tree is about CC/disorienting with steady dps, while the Conflagration Tree is about Heavy dps with aoe/splash affects.

I think Yana posted a link to the feats calc but here it is again if you want to fool around with it.

http://feats.goonheim.com/

Here's a template I quickly put together for my Demonologist.

http://feats.goonheim.com/demonologist# ... j1k5n1o2p3
DAOC - WoW - AoC - WAR - Aion - Rift - GW - SW:TOR - GW2

Zera Targaryen - 80 Mesmer
Zera Giantsbane - 80 Thief
Zera Plaguewind - 80 Necro

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Sat May 10, 2008 6:00 pm

:toothy10: I couldn't look at your build because i'm on my Girl's computer but after playing a Demo today @level 20 I would agree with you to go Havoc.

The stuns and damage from Stormstrike, your main nuke in your havoc tree, is very nice. And you get a nice collumn afect AE spell that i could see being very useful in seiges. Demo's are a lot of fun to group with, a bit squishy but great damage.

On a side note I played today for almost 8 hours straight for the Beta PvP event, I couldn't log off it was so much fun. I haven't had that much fun since Mordred level 20's or ganking people at milegates in emain.

There are some standout pvp classes atm, pretty much one each from every archtype, those being ranger, Demo, and ToS. Soldiers are the exceptoin because all 3 soldier clases are pretty nasty really. But from what I saw all the classes were holding their own if the player knew what he/she was doing

I honestly was abit turned off after playing beta this week, but they have fixed %90 of the bugs and done an axceptional work getting this game ready. Servers are much more stable, I haven't gotten D/C'd since Wed. and most of the shading /texture issues have been smoothed out. :toothy10:
Gravelender AKA Elfdropper

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
-Bruce Lee

Jahman the blueberry Shaman - Dragonblight
Elfdroper - Merlin
Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Sat May 10, 2008 10:24 pm

Were you seeing good things in pvp from conquerors, or would you suggest barb instead? I like the barb's 2h tree better than the conquerors, but I like the fact that I can tank and dps on the conqueror, and I won't be so squishy later on.
DAoC > WoW
Call me sir.

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Sat May 10, 2008 10:38 pm

:toothy10: Hmm well unfortunately I didn't see many conq's because my toons were Stygian, and the level 20 were divided among races. I did see a TON of Barbarians though. They are good damage but squishy, owned casters/and most healers but got owned by the tanks i.e Stygian Dark Templer. Imo if you want a good gank class Barbs are the option but If you want to tank at all you'll need a Soldier class.

Honestly I think Soldiers are going to be the best group melee fighters. And Conq's will probably the best at laying damage along side of pole-arm guardians. I only say this becauyse AoC has a ton a ton of AoE damages on most class abilities. Meaning when the fights get big the ones who stay alive are the toons with a lot of health. O and don't forget that all soldier classes get a charge ability. :toothy10:

-Bruce Lee

Elfdroper - Merlin

Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Sat May 10, 2008 10:51 pm

yeah, I made a build with a conq for DW that seems pretty solid for damage and tanking, but I really don't like their 2h tree very much personally... I think I might make a DW conq, and a 2h barb, but if 2h is king then the conq will have to be 2h ;p
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Sun May 11, 2008 6:13 am

Still waiting to see if we get a few more healers to see how much dps I can mix in with my tempest.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Sun May 11, 2008 6:37 am

I read a pretty bad review about a bear shaman, anyone seen one at 20 and have any further insight on it? The person who did the reviewing played that class last out of all the classes in the game and liked it least, thought it might just be a "late bloomer."
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Sun May 11, 2008 8:00 am

:toothy10: Hmmm bear shaman seem to be a pretty solid class for late game. They will definately have the best armor, although i'm not sure how their combat heals will stack. Early on they could last forever but couldn't kill anything. :toothy10:

-Bruce Lee

Elfdroper - Merlin

Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Sun May 11, 2008 8:01 am

how are the priests of mithra or whatever.

Ive read they are god awful, and ive heard healing in AoC is leaning more towards the stupid side. Any word?
[glow=blue]
A WoW Nerd, A DaOC Reject
and a sociopath[/glow]

[glow=blue]"Fucking Doughnut!!!!!, Mock Me??,You Fried Cyclops"[/glow]

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Sun May 11, 2008 8:19 am

I heard that Priests of Mithra were pretty good actually, it's probably more of a straight up healing class though.
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Sun May 11, 2008 8:24 am

from my understanding there were 14 class and they were trimmed down to 12 with the necro and those priest of mith or whatever getting those abilities.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Sun May 11, 2008 8:32 am

It's my understanding that The Tempest of Set and Priest of Mitra have an inverted orientation, but it’s the same end result where they have to juggle both DPS and healing at the same time.

From Twntonhammer -

For example, the Tempest of Set has this ability where every time he nukes, he has a chance of casting a heal for no mana. Every time he nukes he also has the chance of putting a buff on himself that will make his next heal more powerful. Finally, he has a chance to make the targets of his team heal pulse AoE damage and things like that. The Tempest is definitely very offensively oriented; he starts the fight with damage and ends it with healing.

The Priest of Mitra really increases his damage potential by setting up a solid healing base. I was working on a specialized feat recently where each target you hit with a cone heal grants you a stacking buff on yourself that increases your holy damage. Or there’s another where every tick of healing from one of your spells gives you the chance of allowing your next damage spell to be cast for free. Like I said, they’re really focused on getting a solid healing set-up in their group before doing the nuking.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Sun May 11, 2008 11:52 am

:toothy10: PoM is the best healer/CC in the game. They are also one of the squishiest classes in the game. Think Midgard healer without the chainmail. IMO they will be hands down the most sought after suport class, more CC and better heals than any other class. :toothy10:

-Bruce Lee

Elfdroper - Merlin

Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Sun May 11, 2008 5:25 pm

Ive been reading up and the general consensus is they are pretty shitty. However I got wind of an article from the devs stating they are aware of the POM issues and working to resolve them.

If the game runs on my system non horribly, Ill be a PoM , Unless I find siege to be insanely fun then id probably go Ranger I have played every manner of support in WoW I want to do some DEE PEE ES!

So

PoM
or
Ranger
[glow=blue]

A WoW Nerd, A DaOC Reject

and a sociopath[/glow]

[glow=blue]"Fucking Doughnut!!!!!, Mock Me??,You Fried Cyclops"[/glow]

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Sun May 11, 2008 5:36 pm

Nice Hall thats a good surprise. Tings working on a new website for AoC as we speak. We have 2 50 man vents up atm.

Return to “Gaming Discussion”