AoC Class List

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
kingchubz
Ub3r Albino Board Troll

Postby kingchubz » Wed May 14, 2008 2:51 pm

lol yeah most wow players are poopy >< yeah rak = read, he plays well and knows his stuff inside and out with time of course :P

Candide
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Candide » Wed May 14, 2008 6:20 pm

Ok, so looks like we are gonna stick with you guys. A few are worried about getting ganked too much but are willing to try :)

I can only give for sure on a couple. Mosthla's fiance (Nikolaos) lost a family member and they are obviously not thinking about what class they are playing.

Candide/Venderic - Guardian
Saphyre/whatever she picks this time - PoM
Daoiid - Undecided (tempest of set most likely)
Hyla - Undecided (might not play much till after his tests in a month or two).

Amit (our adopted Jaxer) - Undecided
Mosthula - Leaning hard to Bear Sham
Nikolaos - some melee

There are 2 others that might play, just not sure if they will roll with us or not. Only ones I know for sure come saturday are me and Julie, and Daoiid once he picks a class.
Venderic, Candide or Mercutio in games.

kingchubz
Ub3r Albino Board Troll

Postby kingchubz » Wed May 14, 2008 9:16 pm

EDIT: since we have plenty of healers, i'll be playing a dark templar

felix
Ub3r Albino Board Troll

Postby felix » Thu May 15, 2008 4:56 am

Hey guys

I plan to play something like Dark Templar or maybe Barbarian

Toasstter will play too...healer class
Felixus - Sorcerer - R7LX - Merlin
Felixus - Hero - 5L0 - Mordred
Felixia - Inf - 9LX - <Lone> Lamorak
Felix - Shaman - BleedingHollow ( R.I.P.)
and many more!

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Thu May 15, 2008 5:59 am

Heya and updated.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Thu May 15, 2008 6:58 am

How come my conqueror isn't listed as a tank/ot ;(
DAoC > WoW
Call me sir.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Thu May 15, 2008 7:03 am

Sirion wrote:How come my conqueror isn't listed as a tank/ot ;(

LOL man you guys are picky :P

While were on the subject this list is awsome to make sure we don't overload certain classes and we cover our bases but I can almost guarantee well have people dislike and switch classes once the game goes live etc.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Thu May 15, 2008 7:10 am

I was just saying that so that we would know how much DPS we needed to pick up. I'm not sure how well conqs are going to do in the DPS department, so I didn't want gimp group setups ;p

It's looking like we have a pretty solid healer/tank base, and we really need some dps. Ironic considering the typical state of things. We'll probably need a few more ranged classes for keep sieges/defenses :X
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Thu May 15, 2008 7:18 am

Sirion wrote:I was just saying that so that we would know how much DPS we needed to pick up. I'm not sure how well conqs are going to do in the DPS department, so I didn't want gimp group setups ;p

It's looking like we have a pretty solid healer/tank base, and we really need some dps. Ironic considering the typical state of things. We'll probably need a few more ranged classes for keep sieges/defenses :X

Haha yea bro no worries I was just razzing you a bit. Your right they should and originally were under OT when I first made the list. I had no idea we would be short on DPS but I doubt well end up that way. I'm assuming a lot of the Undescided will play DPS and you can never have too many healers. I'm more worried about having too many tanks but I am sure 1-2 of my WoW group would be glad to switch to DPS. We just wanted to make sure we had capable tanks and healers which is why we loaded up on that. It's cool to see the rest of BWC help out there too. I'm so excited man to get off work Saturday and roll. We should start hanging out in the same vent soon to get everyone on the same page IMO.

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Thu May 15, 2008 7:23 am

Yeah dude, I mainly picked the conq so that I could hopefully help with dps if we had too many tanks. I think the auras they bring are going to be pretty important for whatever group they are in. If respecs are free I can always switch from 2h to dw whenever we need another DPSer, and supposedly with improved frenzy stance the conq does 75% more damage, but takes 100% more damage, which means I couldn't be getting hit ;p

I'm getting pretty psyched, I haven't been this ready to game in probably a few years now ><
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Thu May 15, 2008 8:11 am

But me down as undecided again :huh:

With the uncertainty of PoM coupled with the fact we will be on a FFA server. I will more then likely be rolling some kind of stealth or uber dmg soak class. Quite simply put from my research it seems like there will be an epic amount of keyboard turning, mouth breathing virgins on the FFA server. And I really dont feel like putting up with that kind of malarkey because I am a lulz healer and cannot defend myself against such faggotry.
[glow=blue]
A WoW Nerd, A DaOC Reject
and a sociopath[/glow]

[glow=blue]"Fucking Doughnut!!!!!, Mock Me??,You Fried Cyclops"[/glow]

Candide
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Candide » Thu May 15, 2008 8:15 am

Yeah, same here. Last time for me was probably SWG, and that was a huge let down. Hopefully this one won't be :)

I'm pretty surprised at the tank/heal heavy aspect, but seeing how people went from 20-50 in < 20 hours, I don't think leveling an alt will be a huge deal.

Like ya said, a lot are picking having never played, never know till you get in there what you like.

Plus, there is some gray area in the classes, like ToS was one of the highest DPS in the early levels, Conq's as well. Will just have to see how it pans out at higher level.
Venderic, Candide or Mercutio in games.

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Thu May 15, 2008 8:19 am

The NDA needs to be listed so we can get some concrete Info. I really have no problem playing a healer type if for example it played like a Resto Druid. My dmg is horribad but I could still solo, and pvp wise unless i roll face im ok enough to keep myself up, flee or get abused till my little chinese brother runs up with his 2h sword and goes NI Hao KEKEKE Farmer Kek on that ass.

As opposed to what it looks like in AoC which is LULZ I HIT U FROM STEALTH I SO SKILLED LOLZ U DIE, Now to FAP.

FAP FAP FAP FAP

O LOOK I SEE SOMEONE FIGHTING MOB!!!

Lulz I HIT YOU FROM STEALTH
etc.
[glow=blue]

A WoW Nerd, A DaOC Reject

and a sociopath[/glow]

[glow=blue]"Fucking Doughnut!!!!!, Mock Me??,You Fried Cyclops"[/glow]

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Thu May 15, 2008 9:14 am

Yeah, I have no clue what it's going to be like honestly. I heard PoMs were going to get a look at but I don't remember where I read it. I'm also not sure you can really compare PoM to a druid in WoW for survivability. Looking at the different spells Law posted in the other forum, it looks like you would have something like 3 ways to CC someone, and don't forget if you're in a group then people can root/knockback/stun guys off of you.

I just think the main thing to remember is, I'm hoping this game isn't like WoW, where every class had some retarded dynamic to soloing (stunlock rogues for example). I'm all for people have survivability if someone is trying to gank them, but I prefer the DAoC model, where healers/support provided heals and support. Sure, they could live for a while with someone attacking them, but they weren't going to be killing said person unless they had every single instant heal up and ready for the fight.
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Thu May 15, 2008 9:27 am

I couldn't beat Scott's mend/pac healer if all his cool downs were up while I was on Zera, such bullshit! :P
DAOC - WoW - AoC - WAR - Aion - Rift - GW - SW:TOR - GW2

Zera Targaryen - 80 Mesmer
Zera Giantsbane - 80 Thief
Zera Plaguewind - 80 Necro

Return to “Gaming Discussion”