barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:37 pm

:biggrin:

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:57 pm

http://www.camelotherald.com/news/news_ ... oryid=3582

Looks like it's actually going to happen. I think that if there are no pvp objectives in AoC (BK/City sieges and/or the pvp xp system) by the time that server comes out, I might have to give the old DAoC a try with a much better computer. Wonder how relic raids will be in comparison to the old days.

I personally enjoy pvping just to pvp, but I know that alot of people in today's MMO bracket don't, and I don't see this game surviving long if they don't put in some endgame pvp/raiding content to keep people in place. Level 80s are already getting bored, I'm actually kind of glad I rerolled, if I was level 80 right now all I would have to do is gank and craft.

I guess I'm one of those suckers that's always going to want to try to re-live the glory days I had on Merlin. It might be simple nostalgia, because I remember being more than ready to leave for WoW when it came out, but no game since DAoC has held my interested even 1/5 as long as that game did for more than a few months at a time. The way I see it is this, if DAoC came out with a real classic server, the only thing stopping it from being as fun as it used to be, is the community. The game may feel dated (because it is) but the bottom line is, if the mechanics are still there for the game to be as fun now as it was there (taking hindsight into view) then I think it would be worth playing. Hopefully AoC will have fleshed out by then. And if it hasn't then I hope I don't have to buy all the DAoC expansions just to get a damned horse on that server >_>.
DAoC > WoW
Call me sir.

Farfar
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Farfar » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:38 am

il play, i think Acerra is game aswell.
i had alot of chars

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:34 am

You're about 7 months too late ? :onfire:

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:09 pm

Last I heard (on the Warhammer boards of all things) they were not releasing the servers but that was a while ago now.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Keabit Guinness
Donkey Fucker

Postby Keabit Guinness » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:27 pm

Can they really even consider doing it? Normal population avg for a cluster right now is 700+? 2500 playing the game at any given time? Shit. It was 250k+ at the time of Old Frontiers.

Not that i really care, but I would think it's about time to pull the plug on DAOC. It's actually kinda sad to see it just keep poking along.
Maybus-Ranger-Aion

Journeyman Electrician

I have never been an enthusiast of the more obscure holidays like “Groundhog Day.” This type of holiday made more sense long ago when Doppler radar was not available and faith in groundhogs was stronger.

Sectoid
Pathetic Chode

Postby Sectoid » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:16 pm

At this point I think they're just keeping the servers up to save face, not too many bigger name companies shut down their MMO's. EQ1, UO, hell even AO is still going and is getting an expansion pack soon.
Kandar/Hamback

Farfar

Postby Farfar » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:11 am

barbos wrote:You're about 7 months too late ? :onfire:

Heh saw that now!

Swedish timezone? ;)
i had alot of chars

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:44 am

Farfar wrote:
barbos wrote:You're about 7 months too late ? :onfire:

Heh saw that now!

Swedish timezone? ;)

Lawlz
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

Farfar

Postby Farfar » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:23 am

Im boored :)

i activaded my acc today :) going to pve for fun, thats how boorded i am!
i had alot of chars

Twissle
Drifter Gimp

Postby Twissle » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:26 am

If anyone is curious their are some DAOC private servers around that could be of interest populations are naturally lower, but they can grow in time especially with a bit of word of mouth.

http://portal.dolserver.net/
Dawn of Light - Your Portal to DAoC Emulation

http://www.eden-daoc.net/forum/portal.php

Instant Level 50 RvR/PvP/GvG/PvE

Players: 147

http://www.uthgard-server.net/modules.php?name=FAQ

Classic game play. Good support and daily updates by a veteran staff team. No ToA / MLs / CLs / Buffbots / Artifacts / Catacombs- or Labyrinth classes. Realm versus Realm in the Old Frontiers! Have you already joined the adventure in the lost lands of Tajendi? Serving the community since 2003! Join us and grow with us! =====IMPORTANT====> Don't forget to patch your client with Mod Manager before connecting the first time! Read instructions here http://tiny.cc/6yYQs

Players: 299

Abysmal
Pathetic Chode

Postby Abysmal » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:02 pm

This is so fucking cool, after downloading a client I was up and running in about 30 seconds with a level 50 skald to mess around with. This game is so strange yet so familiar
50 spiritmaster, 50 shaman, 50 shaman, 50 bard, 50 druid, 50 chanter, 50 necro, 50 minstrel, 50 healer, 50 runemaster, 60 hunter, 60 warrior, 60 druid and 60 paladin

If de bees wake up from dey dream we all die, but she die firsand de
moshorrible. He brushed frantically at his face and knocked away not
fingers but a large spider.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:37 pm

Abysmal wrote:This is so fucking cool, after downloading a client I was up and running in about 30 seconds with a level 50 skald to mess around with. This game is so strange yet so familiar

Which server did you download Aby?

Abysmal
Pathetic Chode

Postby Abysmal » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:54 pm

Eden is the luancher that I am using. I dont really have a clue what I am doing that this point, but this has potential. Hooray for living in the past! Daoc took a huge chunk of my life, but I still miss it and have no regrets.

The guys who are running this really put alot of effort into it.

Daoc looks pretty good in 1600x1050, I played it for years on dial up and an old 17inch crt, times have really changed, but I may have not. I still really miss the original character models.
50 spiritmaster, 50 shaman, 50 shaman, 50 bard, 50 druid, 50 chanter, 50 necro, 50 minstrel, 50 healer, 50 runemaster, 60 hunter, 60 warrior, 60 druid and 60 paladin

If de bees wake up from dey dream we all die, but she die firsand de

moshorrible. He brushed frantically at his face and knocked away not

fingers but a large spider.

Return to “Gaming Discussion”