Real classic?

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Nilbert500
Ass Jammer

Postby Nilbert500 » Thu May 08, 2008 8:27 pm

I'd be up for this or AOC. Not sure what I'd play though, since when I left I had 11 50s in all realms. I'm afraid the same thing would happen on lamorak, we leveled up together, but then no one was on to pvp.
Rift: Seastone = Defiant (Nilbert)
Formally known as Nipples

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Thu May 08, 2008 8:47 pm

Old school frontiers? Shit yeah I'd be around for the pvp. NF killed a game that was ravaged by ToA. (imho)
DAoC > WoW
Call me sir.

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Fri May 09, 2008 7:25 am

:toothy10: I would be game to play daoc again but I can't honetly think they are gonna get this going anytime soon. I mean they are doing WAR, how many developers are left on daoc, three guys in some dark corner of Mythic headquarters.

IMO I am gonna be looking to play AoC for awhile at least. :toothy10:
Gravelender AKA Elfdropper

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
-Bruce Lee

Jahman the blueberry Shaman - Dragonblight
Elfdroper - Merlin
Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Fri May 09, 2008 8:41 am

I'm in agreement with that, it's going to be at least a few months most likely before they get that server up and running. But, when it does get going, I'll make time for it for sure.
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

boubou
Dickfingers

Postby boubou » Fri May 09, 2008 8:50 am

I dont think they need months to open a classic server. They still have the software from the past, they have everything that they need.

I miss the huge fights in DF, take a keep just long enough to open DF then rush in before it closed. Ah the good old days.

Boubou

Granz
Ub3r Albino Board Troll

Postby Granz » Fri May 09, 2008 6:37 pm

Tingtong wrote:
Granz wrote:ToA stuff doesn't bother me.

Epic Fail!

You loose

Go back to hugging your artifacts!

Yeah you are right... I forgot about the abilities on the items. I take it back.

Can I do that? :lookround:

"You will take my weapon only when you peel it from my cold dead fingers!"
- Granz
* Granz 51 Shaman *DOAC* (Merlin) (Redux)
* Znarg 50 Shadowblade *DAOC* (Merlin) (Redux)
* Granz 70 Shaman *WoW* (Bleeding Hollow) (Redux)

Eirene
Ass Jammer

Postby Eirene » Fri May 09, 2008 11:08 pm

Hell no.

No way I'm ever going back.

DAoC now is not the same as it was 4 years back. I don't think it will be with this "classic old frontiers" server.

Haven't seen some of the posters in a while.... /wave
The message buck stops here.

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Sat May 10, 2008 12:23 pm

Oh, I highly doubt it will be the same game. I'm sure alot of stuff has changed, and really, if they are going to let all of the classes on the server, then it certainly won't be like the original, and I probably wouldn't want to play on it.

However, if they restrict it to SI and classic, with just SI and classic classes, zones, items, etc. then it might be as close to the original game as people could ask for, and it might be worth giving a shot, just to see who ends up there from way back when.

Do I expect it to be fun for me for four years like the original DAoC was? Probably not, the game has changed, and unless they are willing to roll back to when it was a funner game in more than just re-releasing old frontiers, then it won't be much different. Not to mention, that WoW wasn't the only thing that killed the game, a lot of it had to do with most of us just being plain bored with it. However, it could still be cool to check it out, if for nothing more than the old nostalgia feeling you get running around the realms. If it was the original classes, original frontiers, and original zones/systems, then I think that it's possible for that server to survive the game a lot longer than most are at present.

I think a good many "old schoolers" would reactivate, if nothing more than to see if it would be like old times. And a lot of players that are currently playing, especially on classic, might reroll there too. If enough people find a liking to the server, I think it might be surprising how much fun it could turn out being, and how many people actually stick around for quite some time enjoying it. I mean, if these boards are any indication of how most of us old schoolers feel about that particular server type, then there may be a lot of people interested.

Of course, all this depends entirely upon how fast Mythic could make the server, get the ball rolling, and when they release the server. If they do it in conjunction with AoC, then they won't get as many reactivations, sorry, I paid money for the game already, I'm going to at least try it for a month or two to see if it's worth a shit. Likewise, if they wait until later on in the year, WotLK or WAR are going to eat up all the potential reactivations. After that, it's pretty much a moot point, as most of us will have already forgotten about it.
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Tue May 13, 2008 9:30 am

Granz wrote:Yeah I noticed that last night. But thanks for telling me. I will have to fix that in Sendmail.

The Postfix program

<granz>: connect to reduxguild.org[24.34.46.152]: Connection
refused

:mad: :onfire:

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Fri May 16, 2008 1:54 pm

Granz, your account is disabled until you sign up for a new one and activate it (requiring a valid email address), or email me (barbos at bloodwinterclan.com) with a valid email address.

I've asked repeatedly for you to fix it and you have failed.

EPIC FAIL

Adida
Ass Jammer

Postby Adida » Fri May 16, 2008 2:59 pm

barbos wrote:Granz, your account is disabled until you sign up for a new one and activate it (requiring a valid email address), or email me (barbos at bloodwinterclan.com) with a valid email address.

EPIC FAIL

owned!!

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Fri May 16, 2008 3:05 pm

barbos wrote:Granz, your account is disabled until you sign up for a new one and activate it (requiring a valid email address), or email me (barbos at bloodwinterclan.com) with a valid email address.

EPIC FAIL

Haha
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Granz
Ub3r Albino Board Troll

Postby Granz » Fri May 16, 2008 5:51 pm

EPIC FAIL

I love you! :lookround:

"You will take my weapon only when you peel it from my cold dead fingers!"
- Granz
* Granz 51 Shaman *DOAC* (Merlin) (Redux)
* Znarg 50 Shadowblade *DAOC* (Merlin) (Redux)
* Granz 70 Shaman *WoW* (Bleeding Hollow) (Redux)

Sinnex
Drifter Gimp

Postby Sinnex » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:57 am

I just had to come in and let you know, I am older wiser, and cant wait to kick ALL of your asses on the new server. I hope you all go mid. I will show you all where the term taking it from behind really came from...

Notbut in all honesty go check the herald real quick they through up a bunch of info on the server. I am at work and they have all "Gaming" sites locked over the network or I would link you all...

None of you know me, but I remember BWC. I was only 14 - 16 when I played DAoC a lot and didnt make any kinda mark. (Except being the youngest hib to ever lead a dragon raid at 15 haha, imagine being 15 years old leading over 100 people to a raid and then some loot gets stolen...)

P.S. Bring atleast two friends with me to the new server, and there are countless reports of oldtimers come back for this. There will be good PvP again. Atleast for a few months.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:31 pm

Sinnex wrote:I just had to come in and let you know, I am older wiser, and cant wait to kick ALL of your asses on the new server. I hope you all go mid. I will show you all where the term taking it from behind really came from...

Notbut in all honesty go check the herald real quick they through up a bunch of info on the server. I am at work and they have all "Gaming" sites locked over the network or I would link you all...

None of you know me, but I remember BWC. I was only 14 - 16 when I played DAoC a lot and didnt make any kinda mark. (Except being the youngest hib to ever lead a dragon raid at 15 haha, imagine being 15 years old leading over 100 people to a raid and then some loot gets stolen...)

P.S. Bring atleast two friends with me to the new server, and there are countless reports of oldtimers come back for this. There will be good PvP again. Atleast for a few months.

LOL, as old as some of us are getting were waiting for someone to be able to take us out, so more power to you. In my WoW guild we had the server first 2k 5v5 rating (season3) and our resto druid was 14 so I know their are some young talented gamers. Usually the biggest problem is listening to their voices crackling in vent and giggling everytime someone says tities. Leading and organizing a zerg well at that age is impressive however.

Most of our PvP core are having a great time in AoC and the FFA environment which weeded out a lot of the carebears who were timid of gank style gaming. A lot of old DAoC Merlin guilds and self proclaimed "top pvp" guilds all rolled on the Deathwhisper server. Here you can see us rolling PRX, Nerfed Gaming, DDH, Combine, The Box, CQ and many more. Well keep adding the carnage to the thread. Thanks for the update on the server and I'm sure well have people check it out. I know most of us use DAoC as the example we compare all MMO's to and hold it as the most enjoyable game some of us have ever played, so we will always be suckers for new promises. I however am reminded just how old the game really is everytime I see screenshots or log on DAoC.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Return to “Gaming Discussion”