AoC Blog + Assasins OP video

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

AoC Blog + Assasins OP video

Postby Twystyd » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:16 pm

http://www.keenandgraev.com/

This dude keeps a decent blog on AoC info sense the website tells you next to nothing but the eye candy screen shots.

BTW it seems a lot of the older guilds are going there including Combine, DDH, Nerfed, SiN, The Cabal, Shadowclan and the list goes on. Good times on FFA servers if they can actually keep the servers up and keep things playable.

LOL check out this video on assasins -
http://www.keenandgraev.com/
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Amit
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Amit » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:19 pm

nice, i love sneaking

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:45 pm

Yea at this point and time it seems the dmg exploit has to do with stance stacking. I believe you have to dps unstealthed but I suppose you could always WTF 2 shot some noob >>>stealth>>>>/sit for some priceless teabagging on the corpse. I always like to toss in a few /hug too.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

Amit

Postby Amit » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:43 pm

yeah my favorite DAOC memory was as a nightshade (Osteon) on palomides picking out the biggest nuker on the alb side (calv something?) and 1 shotting him as he was sitting on dwaynes bards corpse

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:12 am

Got my AoC beta key today, also the Rhino from Bestbuy Pre-order. Interested in seeing the combat playstyle and I love the books so the take on lore should be interesting.

I can't seem to find a good site on the Classes/races, the official site has limited info.

And Twystyd are you still gonna roll it with your guild from Bloodhoof? :toothy10:
Gravelender AKA Elfdropper

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
-Bruce Lee

Jahman the blueberry Shaman - Dragonblight
Elfdroper - Merlin
Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:53 pm

The heavy pvpers will be going to farm a few noobs. Nailzz, Guopay, Sofiya, Vitalic, Toophat etc.

Im guessing the WoW group of players that are not interested in AoC will need to either find a new home or be a bit bored as all our raid leaders will be gone. Well probably roll under our original FU tag but who knows. The only thing set in stone is well be on a PvP server FFA if offered.

Amit

Postby Amit » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:40 pm

from what i understood, arent all servers going to be FFA?

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:33 pm

:toothy10: From the website it says there are three server types, PvE with areas set aside for pvp, PVP and, RPVP (pvp roleplaying) servers.

A PvP server is pretty much FFA in that anyone who isn't in your guild can be killed at any time, except for in instanced player-made cities, kinda like guild towns.

I'm interested in the player-made Battlekeeps that are real world keeps made by guilds that can be attacked by anyone at anytime, or set to be attacked at certain times.

I'm excited about it and I hope we can get a few people to roll together.
There is an open beta starting on the 2nd but you need to subscribe to Fileplanet to get in and there are limited keys....it's totally a scam but whatever. :toothy10:

-Bruce Lee

Elfdroper - Merlin

Torch - Heretic Lamorak

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:48 pm

RPVP? Come on...

Regular players are bad enough, much less people acting like they are "pretending" to be asshats. :sleepy:

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:54 am

Yes PvP servers will play like a FFA server. The major difference between PvP and normal will of course be the number of potential targets. I agree with you Barbos, the concern with an RP server is what exactly will they be enforcing besides name policy? It could put a damper on FFA PvP and I never really get into the server events unless its certainly worth wild.

Abysmal
Pathetic Chode

Postby Abysmal » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:23 pm

How many of you guys are in the Beta? I am in now, and will start tonight.
50 spiritmaster, 50 shaman, 50 shaman, 50 bard, 50 druid, 50 chanter, 50 necro, 50 minstrel, 50 healer, 50 runemaster, 60 hunter, 60 warrior, 60 druid and 60 paladin

If de bees wake up from dey dream we all die, but she die firsand de
moshorrible. He brushed frantically at his face and knocked away not
fingers but a large spider.

Amit

Postby Amit » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:58 pm

seems like in a lot of games teh "rp" pvp servers end up lasting longer and having more conflict than normal pvp servers....

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:15 pm

:toothy10: Won't be in beta until this weekend when the open beta starts. I haven't decided what to play because there is very little information on the classes.

RPvP servers just sound stupid, does anyone know how many servers they are planning to release?

:toothy10: I will however have a war rhino mount HIZZA! :toothy10:

-Bruce Lee

Elfdroper - Merlin

Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Gorilla

Postby Gorilla » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:25 pm

ign.com has small article going thru the classes..ill probably be going mage/bear form

http://pc.ign.com/articles/868/868568p1.html
http://pc.ign.com/articles/868/868892p1.html
Pain is weakness leaving the body

The residing KING latino

Chogall rapist

Nilbert500
Ass Jammer

Postby Nilbert500 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:05 pm

I like the look of it from that video. It looks like it will be pretty hard to play a melee class effectively though, are the mage classes a lot easier to play?
Rift: Seastone = Defiant (Nilbert)
Formally known as Nipples

Return to “Gaming Discussion”