Zealot

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Fardomar
Incompetent To0l

Zealot

Postby Fardomar » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:54 am

Been reading as much as I can about this class as this will probably be my main --- either this or a DE ranged DPS.

Can any of you BETA people make any comments on this class? -- without breaking the NDA of course.

I just love the idea of their healing becoming stronger as they do damage and stuff.

Thanks

Sectoid
Pathetic Chode

Postby Sectoid » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:15 pm

People in the beta are only supposed to be able to say that there is a beta and that they are in it.

I played a Zealot mainly, a few weeks ago when my brother and I went to Pax and it's probably gonna be my main as well. The Zealot isn't like the shaman or warriorpriest where you NEED to do damage to build up your heals. They don't rely on any gimmick for your heals to work well. What they do get are buffs/debuffs through Harbingers, Marks, and Rituals.

Harbingers are the debuffs and I think you were only allowed to have one out at a time, or maybe it was one per person I don't remember. The debuff seemed pretty substantial though. It was something like lowering damage that target does to you by 25% and your rituals are more effective on them.

Rituals are GTAE debuffs/buffs. Certain ones have effects of damaging the enemies in it's AE and healing your teammates who stand in it. There was only one available that lowered Willpower and Initiative that I used but I really don't know if it was doing a whole lot.

Marks are the last thing that are strictly buffs, pretty standard stuff int and str buffs and what not.

If I had to compare it to WoW I would say the Zealot reminds me a lot of a priest. If you've seen a geared out PvP priest in WoW play you know they can be a pain in the ass to kill because of their HoTs and strong heals. They seemed a bit overpowered to me when I played them because of the damage they could do as well. At one point my brother and I duo'd two dwarf melee dps, a tank, and a healer because of a few lucky crits I got :biggrin: . I also played a Magus which is the chaos main caster and I was doing similar damage with the Zealot and I was able to heal myself, I just lacked AE like the Magus.

I'd say if you like to heal and are good at micro management, it's probably a good class for you to play. My only hope with healers and the Zealot is that Mythic keeps to their word and doesn't underpower the damage they can do and just make them another WoW healer.
Kandar/Hamback

Gorilla
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Gorilla » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:29 am

its tru noobs died to us good
Pain is weakness leaving the body

The residing KING latino

Chogall rapist

Return to “Gaming Discussion”