@WoW Battleground grinders

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Eirene
Ass Jammer

@WoW Battleground grinders

Postby Eirene » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:14 am

Yesh question for Ting, Law, others who grind honor in the new BG/Honor re-work.

I re-rolled a 60 dwarf priest on Mug'Thol. I hit 60 like a week or so ago.

I'm a newb in the battlegrounds. I rarely PvPed when I was on Archimonde (I was in end-game raiding guilds...I was constantly farming cash to repair my T2s). On Bleeding Hollow, I believe I did a lot of world pvp...

Anyways, what would be the best place to grind honor/grab tokens before the expansion?

Alterac Valley:
Currently I am running around in Alterac Valley. Reasons are which: 1) Alliance wins 90% of the time. 2) Easy to farm rep. However the tokens barely have any worth in purchasing any of the GM gear (unless I want a mount).

Arathi Basin:
I sorta like AB...but my server battlegroup sucks. Horde pugs beat alliance org groups all the time. I find it harder to grind tokens -- even when most of the GM gear and armor requires them. What would be the best way? Just hang out till you get a token each time? I figure I would need 200 AB tokens to get the gear I need.

Warsong Gulch:
Had some bad experiences in some org groups on my druid. I guess I didn't have enough feral spec to play... Over the weekend, people have been exploiting the hell out it...like capping the flag before it starts.

Also, how much honor do you guys net in a day? I did about 2200 honor in about 5 hours of straight PvP (the BG queues are 10-15 mins in my battlegroup).
The message buck stops here.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:08 pm

Anyways, what would be the best place to grind honor/grab tokens before the expansion?

Tokens come easier then honor, especially on Alliance as horde loses 90% of their AV as you said. For honor take advantage of your bonus honor weekends Kim. The honor bonus aside is 140 WSG, 120 AB and 200-300 AV. I find WSG gives the least amount of threat to long ass games.

Alterac Valley:
Currently I am running around in Alterac Valley. Reasons are which: 1) Alliance wins 90% of the time. 2) Easy to farm rep. However the tokens barely have any worth in purchasing any of the GM gear (unless I want a mount).

During AV weekend you can hardly beat the AV honor even in the fastest farm grps so run that all day every day as it's 300-450 per game. You can also solo farm AV so it's a great casual honor source. You basically want to knock out all the honor sources like towers, Lt's etc and get the game over with. It's also nice to do a little kill farming. On your druid just leech the zerg stealthed on a rock or some shit. Just stay alive as long as you can staying close enough to the zerg leeching all the +1's they really add up.

Arathi Basin:
I sorta like AB...but my server battlegroup sucks. Horde pugs beat alliance org groups all the time. I find it harder to grind tokens -- even when most of the GM gear and armor requires them. What would be the best way? Just hang out till you get a token each time? I figure I would need 200 AB tokens to get the gear I need.

You need more AB tokens then any other so everyone has to run some AB. Doing it on bonus honor weekends means more honor but a lot more premades. AB is all about the 6 min 5 caps. To do this though you either need to run up against a bunch of nubs that go down like a good date or be organized yourself. A 4 cap is more like 15 min and a 3 cap fucking blows. We play AB only on bonus weekend and when there is a strong need for the tokens, as the chance to get caught in a 4-1 clusterfuck is too high for the shitty honor. It is a ton of fun though and you can chalk up a ton of kills. But there is a huge difference in pvp and honor farming and honor farming is not all that fun.

Warsong Gulch:
Had some bad experiences in some org groups on my druid. I guess I didn't have enough feral spec to play... Over the weekend, people have been exploiting the hell out it...like capping the flag before it starts.

If you have a solid 10 man WSG is 140 honor every 10 min or less (not including kill honor or bonus weekend). If you have a pug premade, less then 10 or wrong class makeup scout the matches queueing between AB and WSG looking for full pugs. You can scout w/ as little as 2 people...one queueing and one entering and scouting the battles. What you are looking for is fast 8 min and under games. Get used to having a druid or prep speced sprint rogue race the next flag as soon as it spawns after cap.

About the exploit, they are entering the BG prequeued and dead from AB and ressing on the outside of the FR gates. After they ress they just sprint across the midfield before the game starts. If that happens against us we would camp the GY until they AFKed out, thats fucking weaksauce. There are also terrain glitches that you can hide flags in etc. Most of the time however WSG is the best honor source but the tokens are useless.

Also, how much honor do you guys net in a day? I did about 2200 honor in about 5 hours of straight PvP (the BG queues are 10-15 mins in my battlegroup).

Our guild doesnt have to scout and loses roughly 2-3 games a week so it's hard to compare but one of our druids Torkie hit 20k in a day. That was playing all day on AV weekend. I have never been above 12k since the 30% honor nerf but I'm doing BWL atm (trying this raid shit out which imo is kind of slow) and only running guild pvp runs during the weekends. My mage was already GM and my warlock was WL so I got his HWL spellblade and tomb of destruction during the first two weeks. I do want to get to 75k honor before level 70 which I hear is max honor so I can buy the sets ASAP at 70.

GL Kim and enjoy the expansion ~
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Winke
Donkey Fucker

Postby Winke » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:44 am

You will need to do all of them since items require a mix of all medals. I disagree with Law WSG can be very long if you have equally matched groups or just n00bs playing. My pre-made versus another good Alliance pre-made with lolPallys in tier 2-3 can prolonge a WSG to 30-45 mins. best bet for honor is AB since they have to end regradless.

AV is a good BG for alliance since they win most of them (at least on BH) unless we get in with 15 guildies to finish an AV in about 10 minutes.

Winke

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:56 pm

I disagree with Law WSG can be very long if you have equally matched groups or just n00bs playing. My pre-made versus another good Alliance pre-made with lolPallys in tier 2-3 can prolonge a WSG to 30-45 mins. best bet for honor is AB since they have to end regradless.

If you don't have a strong premade why wouldn't you scout WSG? Assuming you get your share of 4-5 caps, spending 15 min to make 120 does not add up when you can spend 8 min to make 140. You will get more 30 min 3-2 AB's then T2 turtles if you scout around premades. If you can't break a T2 turtle you really should be scouting. Just camp the GY if you have to. For most classes AB tokens are really nice but the honor there is piss poor.

Another honor trick is, if you can dual box hit up AV and have an account in group idle ready to requeue. Knock out all the honor sources in AV and then queue for the arena. You can leave the arena BG w/o catching deserter. It only takes 8-12 min to chalk up the major honor sources and then rinse and repeat. You can fit 6 games w/i the hour catching roughly 140+ honor per game.
Last edited by Twystyd on Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

Winke
Donkey Fucker

Postby Winke » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:09 pm

yea we actually scout WSG and take on many premadesbut some we avoid just because we dont want to spend 45 minutes fighting a very well geared and organized pre made, like Storm. I was trying trying to help Kim since i doubt she plays with an organized pre-made.

FYI we usually average 5 minutes in AB against a pug and partial pre mades. But Ab against another full pre made even 4 cap takes 15-20 minutes.

Winke

Eirene
Ass Jammer

Postby Eirene » Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:19 pm

ITS NOT PREMADE>>>>ITS CALLED A FUCKING ORG.

PREMADE IS SOME EUROTRASH WORD BECAUSE THEY CAN'T SPELL ORGANIZATION.

Anyways...that's my WoW pet peeve of the week.

I'm in Battlegroup 6. Mug'Thol, Rexxar, Chrommagus, etc. Alliance is freaking pathetic in Arathi Basin. I remember on Archimonde, Alliance won a LOT of ABs with its server mix. In fact, I was honored with AB before I "quit" the druid.

I'm not a fan of WSG...especially how my old guild exploited the shit out of it. Climbing on walls, trees etc.

Yeah, I do PvP by myself. I'm in a guild all by myself too... Jeff and I created our own 2 man guild lol. PuGing through MC, Ony wracks my brain. I think after I hit 70 with TBC (god...I loved Beta), I'll see what my alternatives will be. Maybe I'll just quit gaming for a while...

Kirt
Ass Jammer

Postby Kirt » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:19 pm

premade :biggrin:
Daoc - Devon cluster / killibury cluster

WoW - 60 warrior - 49 warlock

X- Cleric - http://members.cox.net/dsquared10/DAOCKIR.jpg

Sectoid
Pathetic Chode

Postby Sectoid » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:44 am

I prefer just a team or group, premade does sound meh. Who the hell says org? lol
Kandar/Hamback

TrollFunk
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby TrollFunk » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:53 am

Eirene wrote:ITS NOT PREMADE>>>>ITS CALLED A FUCKING ORG.

PREMADE IS SOME EUROTRASH WORD BECAUSE THEY CAN'T SPELL ORGANIZATION.

Again Europe suffers a penalty for what is clearlya french made word. :P

I can't honestly wait to try out a AB ORG battle. Been gearing my priest up for a month now and is well on his way.
"The temperature inside this apple pie is over 1000 degrees. If I squeeze it, a jet of molten bramley apple will squirt out. Could go your way; could go mine. Either way, one of us is going down! - Alan Partridge"

Kirt
Ass Jammer

Postby Kirt » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:14 am

Sectoid wrote:I prefer just a team or group, premade does sound meh. Who the hell says org? lol

noone says org must have been made by some crackhead fags from CA

i usually hear team
Daoc - Devon cluster / killibury cluster

WoW - 60 warrior - 49 warlock

X- Cleric - http://members.cox.net/dsquared10/DAOCKIR.jpg

Eirene
Ass Jammer

Postby Eirene » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:05 am

Anyways...I'm in the same Battlegroup as Death and Taxes from Korgath and Immune from Chrommagus. Seems every Horde has a hard-on to face Death and Taxes in PvP...

Personally, I don't think they are "special" as I remember grouping with them in Zagarmarsh to kill some lvl 63 elites, as well as a 72 elite in Netherstorm.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:43 pm

No one says fucking org man, I've never even heard of that shit. Anytime you have a guild of more then a half dozen people you will have stronger and weaker players. Shit BG3 has a guild from almost every server that has cleared Naxx.

Mosthula
Oversized Douche Bag

Postby Mosthula » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:36 pm

I've grinded out the entire set + 2 weapons on my shaman and I am almost done with doing the champ set + 2 HWL weapons on my rogue.

If you do not run with an organized team/premade or whatever the hell you want to call it then on non Holidays your best bet is to probably stick with AV for straight honor grinding. If you stick around for the 140ish honor @ around 10 mins and either alt-f4 and close + wait 5 min or cross queue then you will do fairly well. I'm pretty happy with doing around 500-600 honor/hr this way.

My guild has only been fielding about 6-8 people for pvp lately so when we run as a group then we generally play ab and simply scout out for premades. If you scout out and play only pugs the honor rate is usually good. Non holidays about 200 ish for a 15 minute 4 node is pretty standard.
Cthulhu - 50 ML6 - Shadowblade - Merlin (Un-Retired)
Cliibhlibh - 50 ML6 - Shaman - Merlin(Ya I actually RvR with him)
Nosthu - 50 ML3 - Zerk - Merlin
Mosthula - 50 - Minstrel - Albion Lamorak (Retired)
Mosthula - 50 - Lurikeen Champ - Mordred (Retired)

Return to “Gaming Discussion”