WoW class questions with new changes

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Candide
Tripped Off the Short Bus

WoW class questions with new changes

Postby Candide » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:32 pm

Ok, for leveling up from scratch as a duo, plus end game considerations in both pve (no 40 mans tho) and pvp, what would work well?

I'm considering druid (with a focus on feral, but whatever needed) or priest.

My wife wants either druid, rogue or lock. She used to love lock and rogue both, but wasn't sure which were good now.

We haven't played in 8 months.

Thanks!
Venderic, Candide or Mercutio in games.

Gorilla

Postby Gorilla » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:40 pm

all this depends on ur gear but my opinion is starting from level 1=60 if ur gonna duo:...

as a affliction lock i can fight 4-5 mobs at a time without dying and MAYBE using a potion or something with a shadow priest and me OUR dmg increases about 20% not to mention the lock not needing almost ever to rest.

the shadow priest busts out major dmg and backed up with a lock goes even more overboard on the skills he gets. all around though a priest is pretty damn good at any tree from what ive seen and most complaints that they have are in regards of people comparing what they get in talents to what other classes get...instead of looking at the full picture

a druid is sure a damn good healer he can tank and all that, but if were taking duoing into consideration hes great either way as back up since hes mostly a support class....on the plus side druids are a little less common so if u ever do a 5 man group u would be a welcome class almost every time

rogue is is great for running solo and just annoying people and with the upcoming talents u get as u level and in the crusade i see them very good at filling their role...but they are not a jack of all trades alot of rogues complain of being cookie cutter and failing to contribute to pvp groups or pve raids very easily like other classes....IE druid

lock is a killer affliction is great atm for 60 and leveling, demonology is good for pvp but he wont pump out dmg unless hes got good gear, and destruction tree is good only if u have high stam and spell dmg

aside from that.... remember that EVERYTHING is based on gear...atm with my warlock i feel super underpowered because of my gear and having someone kick my ass only because of gear is a real dissapointment. but take hope that the xpansion will fix that big time as i have seen....my bro kandar is level 70...and im sure i couldnt touch him before in survival.. but since the xpac ive gained almost double my life and dmg with only green "crappy gear" that ive managed to get crafted for me

IMO the best duo combo is a shadow priest and warlock with affliction talents... awesome pve efficiency (if the shadow priest has water made it would be even more efficient).. and very very good pvp combo if u start getting attacked or what not
Pain is weakness leaving the body

The residing KING latino

Chogall rapist

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:05 pm

Paly + Druid for alliance or Horde when TBC comes out next month imo. More healing, tanking and armor then you'll know what to do with. Palys can dps now as well. If you want an insane toon I believe bloodelf mana taping rogues are going to be that. Pretty much should annihilate all casters.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Sectoid
Pathetic Chode

Postby Sectoid » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:17 pm

Druid and pally or druid and shaman are a pretty wicked combo atm. Feral can put out some pretty good dps and pally/shaman are godly healers. For pve it should be rather easy to find a guild as any healer type as well. The next most desired class would probably be a lock which are also incredibly powerful in pvp and any healer class would work pretty well with them. Rogues are meh, they can be good and can just as easily be bad against certain classes and depending on how good your gear is, but they're also probably the least desired class for a guild since every server is full of em.
Kandar/Hamback

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:04 pm

My lock before 2.0.1 looking sexy even before his spellblade

This is a gear game and you will need killer shit for any class to play at a high standard. If you are building to zerg content then stick to healers and warriors but all pvp groups run rogues. I just think blood elfs could make the craziest rogues and you are starting at expansion time when the race will be introduced. Another class that is insane atm is hunters. So much so, in beta everyone is laying bets on the over/under for their first nerf.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Nania
Drunk Ass Fanboi

Postby Nania » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:17 pm

Warlock is EVIL from now on, a guildie of mine critted a SB for 6308 dmg on a neutral mob yesterday.... and druids.... me no like.
Kynthia L50, Runemaster
Nania L50, Spiritmaster
Damicix L50, Warrior
Eternia L50, Healer

Candide

Postby Candide » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:31 pm

Well we went Druid/Lock. Julie loves the lock so no problem there. I couldn't decide between warrior or priest so went with the poormans choice in each. I really, really enjoyed leveling my other druid to 56 (something I didn't enjoy with any other class) before we left. I like the flexibility. Of course that same aspect is what causes them to hurt in the in game, the ole jack of all trades, master of none I guess.

I still don't know which would have been better. Warrior would have been better for the guild since they don't really have one, but I hate not having a healer around. Guess I should have two boxed a warriora nd priest hehe :)

Still, having fun with druid :)
Venderic, Candide or Mercutio in games.

Return to “Gaming Discussion”