Anyone else get into LOTR beta?

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

Anyone else get into LOTR beta?

Postby Zoidmeister » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:36 pm

Can't start playing till the 30th as I was just added this week.

Anyone else ? :)

From Lurikeen to Hobbit ... should be fun.

Candide
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Candide » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:24 pm

I know mosthula got in a long while ago, he and his gf played it for a bit. Didn't talk much about it and what he did say he wasn't overly thrilled about. Not that much bad, but didn't seem enthused like we usually get when starting a new game.

Personally, I'm done with Turbine. Good idea but horrid execution in their first, followed up by 2 less than stellar titles. Honestly I don't understand how they keep getting these big named titles. I mean freaking DnD and LoTR have to be the two biggest franchise out there aside from SW for this type of game.

I have a sad feeling all 3 will be busts, but I would rather have Sony doing it than Turdbine anyday. They seem to have no interest in recreating or reimagining the so many good aspects of the original AC game.
Venderic, Candide or Mercutio in games.

Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

Postby Zoidmeister » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:11 pm

Good points ... DDO and LOTR are the kingpins that should be done with epic proporations as MMO's. AC2 was a complete flop ... AC1 was still the best but as I understand it many of the core that designed and built AC1 are long gone from Turbine :(

I'm not expecting that much but we'll see :)

Mosthula
Oversized Douche Bag

Postby Mosthula » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:02 am

I played it only for a few days. It just seemed like WoW redone to me. I honestly didnt give it much of a chance so I cant really talk about it too much. I think lack of any pvp or planning for it killed this one for me.
Cthulhu - 50 ML6 - Shadowblade - Merlin (Un-Retired)
Cliibhlibh - 50 ML6 - Shaman - Merlin(Ya I actually RvR with him)
Nosthu - 50 ML3 - Zerk - Merlin
Mosthula - 50 - Minstrel - Albion Lamorak (Retired)
Mosthula - 50 - Lurikeen Champ - Mordred (Retired)

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:31 pm

I'm farting around with it, but yea since there is no sign of pvp it's not getting any hype. It reminds me of guild wars non-instanced so well see might be fun. Will it take people away from raiding wow? probally not

Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

Postby Zoidmeister » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:57 am

So far I can't say whether I like it or not. It does have a lot in common with Warcraft. All I can say at this point is that it "feels" like a better game than AC2 or DDO. It better be otherwise I seriously doubt Turbine will be in business much longer.

boubou
Dickfingers

Postby boubou » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:50 pm

I got into the beta today, will do stress test tonight then it says I can start playing on the 14, see you guys there, I love lotr.

I got a friend in New-Zealand now, where they filmed the movies. So far he picked three items for me, Dirt from the shire (1 st place where we see the wraith), hair from Gandalf (old guy there looks like him, so people named him Gandalf), and a rock from Moria. Pretty cool.

Boubou

Naturalis
Keyboard Molesting Forum G33k

Postby Naturalis » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:09 pm

oh nice, i'll check it out.

Oh , hello everyone! :) finals is almost over!
Naturalis
Bugsi
Suong
Beverly

Beratuul
Ass Jammer

Postby Beratuul » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:59 pm

orcs !

can you play as bad guys?
Casper, Svenegal, Tassadar, Maurs, Maurier, Perigrine, Du Maurier ( I go by these names).

My shit tastes like corn.

boubou
Dickfingers

Postby boubou » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:48 am

no,

the theme of the game is to kill the bad guys, to do missions while the fellowship of the ring does theirs.

So no pvp for now, cause an elf raid killing a full hobbit town might seen fun for some of us, but not to the general lotr fan.

My beta says I can start thursday, so I will see how it looks.

Bye,

boubou
Hulk Smash, Troll Warrior 50
Lamorak

Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

Postby Zoidmeister » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:30 pm

Hey guys,

Yes you will be able to play the bad guys ... called "monster play". You essentially build up enough "monster" credits then you can essentially play one and kill people hehe.

I haven't tried that yet. Hope to login later tonight. I see they added a badly needed 2nd server.

I switched to an Elven Loremaster ... fun so far.

boubou
Dickfingers

Postby boubou » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:02 am

whats your name in game, and which server, my beta is supposed to start tonight.

As far as playing the bad guys, maybe I could play a wicked men with a holyfant as a mount : )

Boubou

Lamorak

boubou
Dickfingers

Postby boubou » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:45 pm

I am playing on Arawen, name is boubou, made a dwarf champion, its always fun to kill stuff with 2 axes.

Will try to reach level 10 tonight, will try weaponcrafting a bit and see how it goes.

So far, it does look like wow a bit, more cartoony, but graphics is not the number 1 thing I look for in a game. Its fun, lotr has huge amounts of materials, who knows, it might turn out to be fun, while I wait for war.

Boubou dwarf of the blue mountain

Lamorak

Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

Postby Zoidmeister » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:50 pm

Hey Boubou,

Sorry I haven't been online in a while with work and xmas stuff taking priority but I'm off all next week muwahahahahaha!

Anyways I'm on the original server as "Salrond" Elven Loremaster but willing to start on the new one if that proves to have lower queue numbers :)

I'll be online throughout the holidays!

Return to “Gaming Discussion”