For all you WoW raiders

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Eirene
Ass Jammer

Postby Eirene » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:48 am

Damn the crew is on Cho'gall.

I created a mage...but I'm waiting for paid transfers.

(I got into a better raiding guild on Archimonde so I'm trying to stay focus on Archi :) )
The message buck stops here.

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:03 pm

im on chogal kinda meh ish atm.

im messing around on ursin on my gayadain, finally got some judgement woo for default victories.

theres a pvp patch coming in 2years 1.12 when Xfers come through ill probably drop my lock there since its my fav char, but i cant stand 2hr + ques to bg on my lock so it lays in shitty gear on akama.
[glow=blue]
A WoW Nerd, A DaOC Reject
and a sociopath[/glow]

[glow=blue]"Fucking Doughnut!!!!!, Mock Me??,You Fried Cyclops"[/glow]

Kirt
Ass Jammer

Postby Kirt » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:32 am

hmm :onfire:
Daoc - Devon cluster / killibury cluster

WoW - 60 warrior - 49 warlock

X- Cleric - http://members.cox.net/dsquared10/DAOCKIR.jpg

boubou
Dickfingers

Postby boubou » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:14 am

hey guys,

If a lot of people are on Cho`gall and that there is a guild going on, can I join you guys.

Should take me a month to level to 60.

If you guys are a guild, does guild need any specific class.

I dont want to remake a rogue right now, I would be interested in making shaman, warlock, druid, priest, mostly, but let me know. PVE is fun, but I want to matter in pvp more importantly, some suggestions/ discussions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hulk Smash, Troll Warrior 50
Lamorak

Gorilla
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Gorilla » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:33 pm

there is no BWC guild or even a handful of bwc on chogall

Kandar/sectoid does naxxramas and plays his anero 39 warrior. but his guild raids 5 days a week like 6 hours a day and almost has no timefor anything else

I play my shaman thejoto level 38 with my RL friend. hes got a 39 warrior. about 2 hours a day only when bgs are up and nothing else unless im bored and i farm

ive seen eirene log in once since the transfer.

and sirion i saw log in twice on his warlock

there is no big presence as too much time is wasted raiding.

so basically u have me and girlyman my friend who play 1-2 hours a day after work and alot during the weekends. kandar plays IF he can. and it pretty much ends there.

you cancome but dont expect ANY level 60 questing/farming/dungeons
Pain is weakness leaving the body

The residing KING latino

Chogall rapist

boubou
Dickfingers

Postby boubou » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:17 pm

well I made a warlock, level 11 now, will level him and see how it goes.

Its fun to play again.

Toon name is boubou

Lamorak

Snot
Incompetent To0l

Postby Snot » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:40 pm

I'm still playing but when transferring to cho'gall someone stole my name, so I'm playing under the name Shaister...

boubou
Dickfingers

Postby boubou » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:59 am

well maybe we should encourage people to play on this server. Seems to me like lots of people are playing wow.

I will get into a noob guild to help me level and see where it leads me.

Lamorak

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:35 pm

Yea after getting my toon almost RR11 in Daoc I'm kinda burned out so picked up WoW again. Getting geared out as a Shammy doesn't seem to take too long surprisingly. Gonna see if this new objective based PvP is any better. I still don't like how the ranks work but if I can kill bitches i'm happy.

Gorilla
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Gorilla » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:12 pm

i cant stress enough how crazy hard it is to stay compettive at 60.. for spurts of fun theres nothing like playing with people u can trust or ur friends..ideally ur friends....i dont suggest jumping in this BG battlegroup thing thinking ur gonna have more fun than before.

ive seen people do the calculations and some servers have a higher chance of getting more wait time...although at first i dont think that is likely but probable...

i think if u dont have 20-30 hours minimum a week to play this....and alot of it devoted just to getting gear... it will once again burn you out...

and thats from sitting on both sides of the grass...
Pain is weakness leaving the body

The residing KING latino

Chogall rapist

Eirene
Ass Jammer

Postby Eirene » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:59 am

killets wrote:i'm staying resto spec, b/c swiftmend is just serious ownage.

with all the +heal gear we druids can get, having a +2000 hp instaheal every 15 sec is umm... yea :)

Yeah...I'm doing about 3,500 hp or so insta-heals with swiftmend (2,000 reg regrowth heal, 1500 swiftmend heal).

I'm beating priests in the healing meters w/a 2% overheal. ^.^

If you have ANY 60 ALLIANCE characters, I can hook you up. Hall, transfer to Archimonde we NEED palys!! Hell, if you have an alliance warlock...bring that too. We only have maybe 3 warlocks at most.

Tingtong, depends on what server you are in, just aim for getting exalted in each faction (Alterac Valley, Arathi Basin, Warsong Gultch) and you'll be rank 11 in WoW pvp in no time. It all depends on how many is ahead of you in pvp. Rank 11= cheap mount and decent gear. After hitting rank 11, getting rank 14 should be too difficult because you'll get into the "pvp farm" groups.
The message buck stops here.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:26 am

To give you an idea on a high pop server my cap is 370,000 honor a week at rank 11.

AV - Alteric Valley takes 2 weeks max to polish off exalted faction. AV is just a cookie cutter race that almost always goes something like this -
    -Horde takes first Tower
    -Alliance takes Snowfall
    -Horde takes first GY
    -Alliance takes out general
    -Alliance takes out first tower
    -Horde takes out general
    -Alliance takes IB GY
    -Alliance takes second tower/Horde takes second Tower

AB - Toughest faction to pug. It's all about 4 noding as fast as possible and pushing on the 5th node. The last thing you want is to continue playing, over 300 or 400 bonus honor locked at 2/2. In "farm" vs. "farm" games the first team to 3 node usually wins and can simply come down to luck. The more time we sit playing each other, the more pugs get to play against each other, thus raising the amount of honor they get, and hurting the amount of honor we get.

WSG - It's all about flag running. Killing mid field does very little. Most groups use group one to run flag and group two to control mid field as well as kill enemy flag carriers.
Last edited by Twystyd on Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Sectoid
Pathetic Chode

Postby Sectoid » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:55 am

Yeah, I think a few of the most recent rank 14 pulled 1.1 million cp on cho'gall lol
Kandar/Hamback

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:09 pm

That would make you HWL across all servers hehe. They actually have a lower rating then my server so I'm guessing they sit around 500k for HWL. That's a little under ours. Anything over 700k would require 24 hour farm teams w/ multiple players. As it is you are looking at 40 hr weeks for 500-600k. Sothos @ 58,091 is the highest horde side there and hes rank 13. Of course that info is almost always a week behind.
Last edited by Twystyd on Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Sectoid
Pathetic Chode

Postby Sectoid » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:16 pm

yeah sothos was high warlord I think 2 weeks ago or something, but I remember when we first came to the server there was a shaman who wanted to keep highwarlord for 2 weeks because the patch was supposed to come out that would introduce the new rank 14 rewards so he made I think 1.1 or 1.2 million to ensure he didn't lose rank 14 hehe
Kandar/Hamback

Return to “Gaming Discussion”