ehh... I'm back in WoW too.

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:18 pm

Chances are you'll end up buying from an asian gold pharmer in any case.

Winke
Donkey Fucker

Postby Winke » Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:41 pm

barbos wrote:Chances are you'll end up buying from an asian gold pharmer in any case.

correct

Winke

Rishug
Incompetent To0l

Postby Rishug » Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:40 pm

fine w/ me as long as they dont rip me off

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:45 pm

WoW is a crock of shit and has no orignal PvP concepts, say what you want but it's a carebear game. BTW when the next expansion comes out and raises the level cap from 60-70 what do you think your going to be doing all over again?

You guessed it! MORE and harder PVE. Being the best equipped may fetch a good dollar on ebay but doesn't mean shit unless you like cock fights. Cause thats what meaningless PvP boils down to.

Say what you want but EQ2 has way better PVE then WoW Period no denying it. You can say you don't wanna loose you life to PVE because of the whitey white cracker ass kids who went psyco over the game and blew their brains out on their monitors and you don't want to be associated with it. But fact is it's just the same only crappier.

So Merry fucking christmas, Holy shit where's the tylenol! :D

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:56 pm

lol, calm down Clark

Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

Postby Zoidmeister » Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:40 am

I may actually give EQ2 a shot in 06 ... especially if DDO is delayed.

Rishug
Incompetent To0l

Postby Rishug » Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:27 pm

what's better about the PvE in EQ2? And where can i buy some gold dammit im lazy!

nvm i got some gold

Danny
L33t Boardwarrioring Assface

Postby Danny » Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:27 am

WoW sucked. That is all.
Broheim-Lvl somthingorother Ranger
You wanna knock my teeth out cop? Well try it because I don't have any teeth! (SMILES)-Some drunk guy I arrested.
http://www.bitchmakemeasandwich.com

Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

Postby Zoidmeister » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:59 am

Rishug wrote:what's better about the PvE in EQ2? And where can i buy some gold dammit im lazy!

nvm i got some gold

I "hear" EQ2 has added a ton of content since release. There was a good write-up on EQ2 by Conquest who recently transferred there and they are just starting raids now (see below).

I've seen other posts comparing both games by people who have actually "endgamed" in both. Seems EQ2 is winning the content battle (as may be expected as WoW spent time on instanced PVP; which is a joke BTW I hate it - capture the flag for the lose) and raids are much more rewarding than WoW.

WoW disappointments:
PVP : instanced = thesuck, wait in queue for up to 1 hour for each trip
PVP Servers: no real world objectives to it, devs will ignore them like DAOC ignored PVP servers.
PVE : level 60 content oriented toward large raids instead of the 5-10 man content up to that point
Crafting: other than gather professions almost a complete waste of time to use to make money or even useable items as drops trump items made. Engineering/alchemy somewhat useful in endgame pvp.
Crap Drop Rate: random good (blue/purp) drops are so rare it's not worth trying to farm anything, just sign up for a raid once a week and hope that after the 5 hours you spend there you get a chance to roll on something.
Re-Rolling: Repeating quests is mind numbingly boring I don't understand how people can create new toons. Only way to PL is have higher level walk you through quests.

Classes are very cookie cutter to boot and it's really hard to differientiate yourself from others within your class in terms of look/spec for the most part. Generally classes only have 2 viable ways to spec as well. Very shallow compared to the depth of DAOC.

How's Everquest 2? - Friday, 18 November 2005

People have been asking me this question a lot ever since we left WoW to give EQ2 a shot. I've been putting off posting about it until we've had a chance to hit max level and get a taste of the end game.

So how is it?

Well, it's fine. Everquest 2 is a solid game and well worth some play. Here are some of my thoughts on the comparison between EQ2 and WoW.

Content - Everquest 2 has far more content than WoW - Both at 60, and while leveling up. It really isn't even close. You could finish the majority of everything there is to do in WoW within 2-3 months. That just aint happening in EQ2. EQ2 also releases content at a much more rapid pace. In the amount of time it's taken WoW to release 2 zones and add a couple of dragons, Everquest has added dozens of free zones, an expansion, and two adventure packs. Adventure packs are basically mini expansions - about 1/3 the size of a true expansion, at 1/3 the cost. EQ2 also patches constantly and consistently.

Polish - The content WoW has is significantly more polished than in everquest. For this reason, WoW is probably a permanent best-choice for the ultra-casual gamer who won't run out of content in WoW. Sony managed to somehow get voice acting for every single mob and quest npc in the old world, yet never bothered to make it so mobs didn't constantly get stuck in the ceiling and floors in half of the close-quarter dungeons.

Leveling - If you enjoy leveling up in near-full to full groups, I think EQ2 is the better choice. If you like to solo or duo a good percentage of the time, stick to WoW. In a full group WoW dungeons were cool, but I've enjoyed leveling in EQ2 more.

Progression - Everquest is a PvE game and as such does a much better job defining pve progression. In WoW you level, and stop by the merchant and pay a few gold for your new spells / abilities. In EQ2 you can buy a very weak version of the spell, but if you want it to be any good you need to get it through grouping, or buying it from players. Crafters can make much more powerful versions of all spells with rare tradeskill components. And of course, the very best spells mainly come from the toughest single group zone bosses, and of course raids.

Tradeskilling - I hate tradeskilling. But people tell me EQs system is better then WoW's. That may be up for debate, but certainly tradeskilling in EQ2 is much more rewarding and important then in WoW.

Raids - Can't really say yet. We've only done a couple of two group raids so far (some people are still leveling) and they were fine. If I had to guess, I would say that WoW raids are possibly more "fun" but Everquest raids are more "rewarding". This statement should make sense to those of you who have played both WoW and one of the Everquests, and is a good comparison for the games in general as well.

I think active "hardcore" gamers and guilds do themselves a large disservice by sticking with one game for too long. If you're at the end of the game and have consumed all or nearly all of the content, why not consider checking out other games which offer an entire world full of content? We've played 4 games now - EQ, Daoc, WoW, and EQ2. All have been a great time, and are actually great games in their own way - each worth playing through.

Anyways, we've been having a good time in EQ2. We'll see how the raids pan out here in a couple of weeks when the bad guys start dropping.

Speaking of dropping the bad guys we do happen to have a few open spots in our raid roster. Mainly we need a few DPS classes. If you are a 60 or very-soon-to-be 60 and have a passion for making-shit-dead, toss me an email or PM in IRC. Server transfers also welcome. Applicants should, at minimum, be able to raid daily from 8 to midnight EST.

-Itz

[/url]

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:37 am

lol, I've done a little of both, so I could offer my opinions to EQ2 if anyone has a ? (although nothing about the endgame content).

It's definately not a solo/duo type game. Although they have consistantly tried to add a few camps for them.

It figures everyone will run to EQ2 the moment I try out WoW... :nervous:

Mosthula
Oversized Douche Bag

Postby Mosthula » Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:11 am

I've been playing WoW myself, reactivated my shaman on Bleeding Hollow. If anyone is still playing over there, send a hollar to Cthulhu. In a small guild so end game pve equipment is out of the question. Just simply Grinding the BG's to gear up.
Cthulhu - 50 ML6 - Shadowblade - Merlin (Un-Retired)
Cliibhlibh - 50 ML6 - Shaman - Merlin(Ya I actually RvR with him)
Nosthu - 50 ML3 - Zerk - Merlin
Mosthula - 50 - Minstrel - Albion Lamorak (Retired)
Mosthula - 50 - Lurikeen Champ - Mordred (Retired)

Winke
Donkey Fucker

Postby Winke » Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:17 am

good post Zoid, and aI agree with it. Though I wont play EQ2 because pve isn't what I ultimately lie.

Winke

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:19 pm

I played both and thats pretty accurate statements. There have been a few things that have plaqued EQ2 from release 1 was the Crafting System and another was toon stacking on raid mobs. They recently revamped the ENTIRE combat system for the better. Some people gripe but it is faster action and more balanced then before. There is no FOTM and all classes are powerfull in the right situation.

They are currently revamping the tradeskills and have been for many months I have yet to see just a GLIMPSE of the changes but I believe they will be for the better. Basically changing the grinding into more of an end-product XP reward. Before all you had to do is grind sub-components to level and there was no real involvemnt into it unlike adventuring. When the game first released they promoted Crafting as a vialable alternative to adventuring but that isn't the case at all. It's now just something to do when a Level 60 Adventurer is bored.

Eq2 gameplay is great but for hardcores like myself and many many Raiding guilds our eyes are starting to turn away from EQ2 and more to Vanguard. While EQ2 is GREAT for casual and power gamers it will not retain the entertainment value End-game. Eq2 is really dumbed down the raiding and virtually eliminated contested mobs. The recent lewt upgrades in their recent Desert of Flames expansions were almost a nerf due to the combat system revamps. They also introduced a Wowish raid systems with no-trade, Class specific gear. People expected better items 50-60 then 40-50 but it turned out raiding in the new expansion never really weilded any better upgrades then the 40-50 raided gear.

Eq2 has struggled from release in implementing end-game content in part because they are focusing on PvP aspects. The introduced an Arena that no one plays in the expansion as well. They also have been hinting to a PvP Server in the near future.

With myself having 9 20+ Adventuring Toons 3 who are 60, All 9 Crafters ranging from 30+ with a few 60. My only other option was to Raid in a "Hardcore Raid Guild" It just not worth it. My Rare Crafted Items come pretty close to raided/quested equipment without the huge timesink.

But if you have 6months to spare level up a toon and experiance all the content and quests. They really have more then you could ever do seriously.

Sectoid
Pathetic Chode

Postby Sectoid » Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:45 pm

Mosthula wrote:I've been playing WoW myself, reactivated my shaman on Bleeding Hollow. If anyone is still playing over there, send a hollar to Cthulhu. In a small guild so end game pve equipment is out of the question. Just simply Grinding the BG's to gear up.

I've been playing my druid on BH since I stopped playing on lamo. I joined up a guild that is making some steady progress in end game pve, if you are at all interested in joining. I think recruitment for shaman is still open, message me on Kandar.
Kandar/Hamback

Gorilla
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Gorilla » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:40 pm

my guild is better u suck that is all
Pain is weakness leaving the body

The residing KING latino

Chogall rapist

Return to “Gaming Discussion”