ehh... I'm back in WoW too.

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
killets
Ass Jammer

ehh... I'm back in WoW too.

Postby killets » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:17 pm

Not as hardcore as before. But still intent on owning it up in PvP.

Blackrock (PVP) / Horde. I'm sticking with my Druid now. I'm playing with a few RL friends + Contre(Puppets), his bro Dekz (Qrak) and a friend from Lance (plays).

I have an extra account if someone is interested in playing with us. It's deactivated right now, and I dunno how much I should sell it for, but if you wanna mess around on it, PM me. My extra account has:

60 Priest
Epic Mount
300 Herbalism / 300 Alchemy
Complete Blue Level 55+ Set
5-6 epics
Tailor-made template
All major quests finished
MC-attuned, Onyxia-key, BWL ok.
high fire resist gear.
Uber tri-spec (mostly discipline, but includes all the goodies like improved flash heal, inner focus, improved mind blast, improved psychic scream, that +20% mana talent, etc).
Lotsa gold.
Alsmot complete set of crafting materials for a Chromatic Cloak (~500g in mats).

The guild we're in is kind of elitist. Odds are that you won't be able to join us unless you're mad skilled and willing to put some time into the game. Let me know.
pink's dad and mom are conjoined at the waist.

friend to all bwc/scourn. like it or not.

Mourningblade
Crotch Pheasant

Postby Mourningblade » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:22 pm

say "Hi" to those two goofy Canadians for me kill

i kind of miss running with those TNO boys back in the day :biggrin:

"I want to leave this world the same way I entered it....screaming and covered in someone else's blood."

Nania
Drunk Ass Fanboi

Postby Nania » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:30 am

WoW pvp sucks ass otherwise a good game ;D
Kynthia L50, Runemaster
Nania L50, Spiritmaster
Damicix L50, Warrior
Eternia L50, Healer

killets
Ass Jammer

Postby killets » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:37 pm

the only thing that beat WoW 5vX ownage was DAoC 8man back in the day, but the fight frequency in 8v8 was way worse than WoW, even when we had to camp outside Ironforge just to do 5v100s (those were great. so was 5v100 owning the subway).

while we're not at full 5man power yet (we lost our best mage to unemployment/quitting of video games - victimizer if you knew him), and the fact that dekz/qrak rerolled a priest (and is still in green gear), and I'm switching to Druid from Priest, I can still see how 5 man could be amazingly fun. Back in the day we could repel the IF zerg for hours, so I'm thinking in things like AB, we could totally take stables and repel the cemetary zerg.

for those keeping track, our old 5man setup (which was uber):

priest
priest/warrior
rogue
shaman
mage

our mage was seriously good at knocking people out (he released a video http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=1145)

With the improvements of Druids and the like, we're considering

priest
druid
shaman
warrior
warrior

and do an old school tank train. we lose some of our CC, and the 2nd dispel but our DPS should be higher, and we'd lessen our mana dependency to be able to repel a zerg longer. we used to use psychic scream as a form of AE mez :) we'll still have the ae fears on the warriors, but longer cooldowns i think. one of the main reasons this would be more ideal though is because as more and more toons get twinked out, survivability is gonna be more of an issue. even if we had a super high dps mage, 3-4000 hp in cloth is just too soft a target. an unaccounted for crit aimed shot chain on a softie could handicap fights. at least in this type of group, we'd only have 1 soft target instead of 2-3 (rogue is a softie too hehe).

what's holding us back is, only 3 of us are ready for pvp i think.

druid, warrior and shaman. we're the only ones geared at least 50% epics. (i activated last week, my old guild immediately invited us back, and have been giving us priority on gear... got 7 epics since i've gotten back!!)

but... we don't know who will be the 5th member yet... =(

Beratuul
Ass Jammer

Postby Beratuul » Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:31 pm

Rich: I want your account. Talk to me on AIM later. Save it for me.
Casper, Svenegal, Tassadar, Maurs, Maurier, Perigrine, Du Maurier ( I go by these names).

My shit tastes like corn.

Winke
Donkey Fucker

Re: ehh... I'm back in WoW too.

Postby Winke » Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:42 pm

killets wrote:The guild we're in is kind of elitist, if you're mad skilled and willing to put some time into the game. Let me know.

Derek this seriously disqualifies you, you never even level'd a 60 wow toon not to mention PVP.

Winke

Phineas
Proud Defender of the 19th Hole

Postby Phineas » Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:58 pm

I'm on Kel'Thuzad alliance with a 60 Dwarf Warrior named Bjarki.

Naturalis
Keyboard Molesting Forum G33k

Postby Naturalis » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:23 pm

WoW is the devil!
Naturalis
Bugsi
Suong
Beverly

killets
Ass Jammer

Postby killets » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:16 pm

wow has been fun in bursts. the pvp game is fun. grinding still sucks, but i'll be honest. i bought gold off ebay :0

(2000 gold even hehehehe)

the large encounter raids are either super easy (doing MC in 2 3 hour sessions and get 25 purple drops, with me getting all the druid epic shit because i'm behind in getting my purps is always fun), or very new and interesting (BWL, while everything is on farm status for them except nefarion, it's all new and fun to me.. maybe after like 10 times it'll suck.. and nefarion is always fun b/c it's a challenge, although we've been successful twice).

derek, d is playing the acct for kicks. i can give you the login to mess around with as well. you can buy it if you're serious about playing it. if all you wanna do is mess around / pvp, just let me know.

Rhiandra Rangnar
Donkey Fucker

Postby Rhiandra Rangnar » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:49 am

Geeeesh, I wish everyone that was actually playing WoW was doing so on the same server. As it stands right now I think we are spread out across five various servers.

Rich, I wanna play with you, and WoW doesnt even come to mind. :blush:

Have fun everyone.
Rhiandra Rangnar
EQ ----> DAoC ----> WoW ----> boredom
[fade]Over 1 million mezzed and counting .........[/fade]

My candle burns at both ends;
It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends -
It gives a lovely light!

Pytt
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Pytt » Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:03 pm

wuT ABOUT MEEEEEEEE
Rolondo the Dog Faced Troll <merlin>
Pytt the Long Backed Dwarf <dark>
Rolondo Alazondo 4lyfe Ba-Giner
Snoopie 70 Gnome mage Dragonblight

Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

Postby Zoidmeister » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:44 pm

What really irks me about WoW is the time sink of end-game to gear up properly. The game initially lulls you into thinking it's fast paced and then you hit the grind wall at 60.

I'm using it as a quick fix for now.

BTW that account would probably fetch 4-600 on ebay :-)

killets
Ass Jammer

Postby killets » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:03 pm

in all honesty, i don't feel it's a grind at all.

of course, our guild has every boss in the game including nefarion on farm status right now. i mean, i've been back like 2 weeks, and my druid who had 2 epics is now sporting 5 pieces of cenarion, a finkle's lava dredger, epic neck, cloak, ring, trinket, and even has special purpose epic gear. actually, there's this guy starfel (an alt of someone in the guild) who has been raiding for only 4 hours and check out the gear he has now: (http://68.148.191.191/eqdkp-1.2.0/viewmember.php?s=fef8dc6d1c4d5de5cdfcacd6c17d2b90&name=Starfel).

(here's my dkp chart: http://68.148.191.191/eqdkp-1.2.0/viewmember.php?s=fef8dc6d1c4d5de5cdfcacd6c17d2b90&name=Killerets.. i was scared about dkp at first, but man it makes loot 0 stress, totally fair, straightforward, and look at how much gear i got!! in only like 4 raids!!!)

molten core takes about 5 hours total to clear entrance to end (including rag.. sometimes broken up into 2 days, often times just 1 if people want to stay late). zg is being cleared in 2 3 hour sesions. bwl takes about 8 hours to clear up to nefarion, and nefarion usually gets his own special day. onyxia takes 10 min, and we're even at the point where we're doing 2 20 man raids on onyxia to get double the loot =) so it ends up being raiding about 4 days a week, then bg the rest of the time.

and if you wanted to, you could just bg it up and skip the pve crap after 60, and just gear yourself in more than competant pvp gear!

Supreem
Ass Jammer

Postby Supreem » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:37 pm

yea i reactivated too ... if you cant beat em, join em
Wiredmessiah - Eve Online

:blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8:

Rishug
Incompetent To0l

Postby Rishug » Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:56 pm

killets you said you bought gold off ebay...is that a good method of buying gold? I'm thinking of buying some...but don't really want to get ripped off. I'm making a decent amount of gold but....its annoying when people completely undercut your prices on stuff by a moronic amount

Return to “Gaming Discussion”