Tripped Off the Short Bus

xbox 360 vs ps3

Postby Amit » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:40 pm

The poll says it all

Bulor
Ass Jammer

Postby Bulor » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:55 pm

xbox 360 is for fags.

microsoft is pushing a new system when their old system can still keep trying to push the bar.

i have yet to see a game for the xbox which is ground breaking to the point where your thinking.. "wow they need to upgrade this system!" or "wow if they had a better system, this game would be totally better".

xbox has not yet done what PS2 has, heck even what ps1 has done.. which was push the system to the limits.. to the point until they actually NEED to upgrade.

i feel as if xbox is still young. it still has time to impress.. the only game xbox has holding itself togther is halo, and halo2. thats it.. and it's not even ground breaking.

where as you look at the ps2, they constantly set the mark.. constantly thriving to push the system to the limits.

ff# to start.. then metal gear solids, god of war, gt4, just to list a few of the solid titles pushing the system to the ropes.

heck even nintendo is going some kicking stuff and still don't NEED to upgrade.

RE4!

i just wish the xbox wasn't trying to push itself into the market first to just grap the industry by the balls.. without even offering anything new with the machine.

a new golden eye game..(which has already been reviewed and says it's no better then the n64 version).. project gotham racing.. vile poison.. blah..

xbox is for homeschooled fags
DAOC-SOLD
Lieph (heal)/ Sapporo & Djur(Sham)/ Qute & Brail(SBs)/ Bulor (war)/ Blackroc (ska)/ Antigun & Antigunn (SMs)
WOW-SOLD
Lieph (Warlock) / Vexi (Hunter)
WAR- CLOSED BETA!

Augomatic
Pathetic Chode

Postby Augomatic » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:27 pm

You forgot #3.

None of the above

Nilbert500
Ass Jammer

Postby Nilbert500 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:51 pm

PC ftw
Rift: Seastone = Defiant (Nilbert)
Formally known as Nipples

TrollFunk

Postby TrollFunk » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:19 am

PS3
"The temperature inside this apple pie is over 1000 degrees. If I squeeze it, a jet of molten bramley apple will squirt out. Could go your way; could go mine. Either way, one of us is going down! - Alan Partridge"

Supreem
Ass Jammer

Postby Supreem » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:25 am

buy an xbox 360 and buy madden.......... cause i made it :P
Wiredmessiah - Eve Online

:blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8:

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:05 am

Sux

Rishug
Incompetent To0l

Postby Rishug » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:24 am

But Microsoft had to compete with Sony (and Nintendo?) in the next generation market, whether Xbox's full power has been taken advantage of or not.

I am not an Xbox person, I never bought one, but the Xbox360 does look like it has come pretty cool features. I'm just wondering when the PS3 will come out and how much it will cost...

Lucky for me the only game for 360 I really want I can get for PC, Oblivion :)

Bulor
Ass Jammer

Postby Bulor » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:19 am

if they are pushing the new system to just try to beat ps3/nintendo to the punch line.. then thats more of a reason to avoid them.. just to spite them for their actions. If they were so confident in the new system.. then they can release it at the same time as the ps3 to beat them out.

but becuase they are just pushing a system, which has subpar games jhust to try to beat out ps3.. which is taking their time.. just like how they took there time with the ps2.. to make a perfect, well rounded, well balanced, with a ton of high quailty games at release to boot.!
DAOC-SOLD

Lieph (heal)/ Sapporo & Djur(Sham)/ Qute & Brail(SBs)/ Bulor (war)/ Blackroc (ska)/ Antigun & Antigunn (SMs)

WOW-SOLD

WAR- CLOSED BETA!

Winke
Donkey Fucker

Postby Winke » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:28 am

people it's marketing/busines strategy 101, MSFT knows how to compete and make money. I am not saying I like the Xbox more I am saying business 101.

Winke

Bulor
Ass Jammer

Postby Bulor » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:46 am

which is why the ps3 will beat xbox360.

ps3's stratgy is "release the system later, with a larger selection of game titles on release" instead of "lets rush the system, and have NO games for it!-yay xbox
DAOC-SOLD

WOW-SOLD

WAR- CLOSED BETA!

Nilbert500
Ass Jammer

Postby Nilbert500 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:13 pm

are you working on a new game project yet supreem?
Rift: Seastone = Defiant (Nilbert)

Formally known as Nipples

killets
Ass Jammer

Postby killets » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:09 pm

wow. lets not go overboard here.

xbox 360 will have like 20+ titles in the first week.

xbox live > anything sony has going.

halo being the only thing keeping the xbox honest? wtf? have you played any title that was released on both the xbox and ps2? the xbox version is 9 out of 10 times better.

how can you bring up titles like god of war when there are titles like Ninja Gaiden on xbox which completely blow anything that ps2 has to offer away in terms of action/fighting games. (ninja gaiden black).

you bring up driving games like Gran Turismo, when XBOX has 2 different driving franchises that net 90%+ scores on metacritic and gamerankings (PGR and Forza).

the highest rated RPG ever on GameRankings is the XBOX's KoTOR.

and in the future, lets not forget that Rare (which is now owned by Microsoft) is releasing their 3rd major FPS on XBOX 360 as a launch title (Perfect Dark Zero). Their 1st and 2nd FPSes, Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are both in the top 20 games of all time according to GameRankings (the industry standard according to my friends at Insomniac Games). Not to mention Halo 3.

Anyways, just had to provide some pro-xbox propaganda with all the pro PS3 stuff being said here. I'm just excited about the fact that the XBOX360 comes out this year. Who knows when the PS3 comes out. The PS2 already sucks compared to the XBOX-original. My hdtv projector cries whenever the PS2 goes on.
pink's dad and mom are conjoined at the waist.

friend to all bwc/scourn. like it or not.

Bulor
Ass Jammer

Postby Bulor » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:36 pm

halo is the only thing keeping the xbox alive.

and honestly.. it's not even a good game, it only has lasting power becuase of it's m-player options.. just like goldeneye on the n64.

and perfect dark already has poor as hell reviews on it. it's pretty much the same old n64 game.

any Pc FPS gamer doesn't give a rip about halo(such as i) or even the xbox live.

as for kotor.. nothing ground breaking for the xbox.. hell the Pc had it for months before the xbox.

ninja gaiden.. replace value... zero. nuff said on that subject. a mega repeative hack and slash.

the ps2 may have sucked.. not being able to push the graphics to the point of the xbox.. but hell the xbox came out like what... 2 years after the ps2? and it already has to upgrade to a new system.

all the ps2 does is improve every title they ever touch.

hell, halo 2 was nothing much different then halo 1.. it just had xbox live option.
DAOC-SOLD

WOW-SOLD

WAR- CLOSED BETA!

Amit

Postby Amit » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:45 pm

answering a few querstions

xbox 360 price at realease is 300 and there is a higher package with headsets and other stuff for 400

as for the release date, they are beating sony to release and then planning on the release of HALO 3 for the same time as ps3

Return to “Gaming Discussion”