Xbox 360
50%
Playstation 3
50%

Total votes: 28

Bulor
Ass Jammer

Postby Bulor » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:08 pm

the 300 buck xbox is the cheapy one.. it has like a smaller hd i think and no hdtv options or somethig.. or no dvd player.

it's like a different system. poor
DAOC-SOLD
Lieph (heal)/ Sapporo & Djur(Sham)/ Qute & Brail(SBs)/ Bulor (war)/ Blackroc (ska)/ Antigun & Antigunn (SMs)
WOW-SOLD
Lieph (Warlock) / Vexi (Hunter)
WAR- CLOSED BETA!

Bulor
Ass Jammer

Postby Bulor » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:19 pm

xbox 360 games..

- Perfect Dark Collector's Edition : same old n64 game
- Project Gotham Racing 3 : crapy racing game
- Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion : dunno anything about this
- Dead or Alive 4 :ok doa4 is dope!!!
- Call of Duty 2 : better on the pc
- GUN : another crap shooter
- Quake 4 : better on the pc
- Tony Hawk's American Wasteland :worthless/already out for the ps2
- Condemned : another crapy shooter
- Madden NFL 2006 : any system
- Kameo : crapy half assed rpg
- Amped 3 : yet another weaked snowboard game
- Ghost Recon : better on the pc
- NBA 2K6 : any system
- NHL 2K6 : any system
- Ridge Racer 6 : when will this game die... any system
- Top Spin 2 :golf
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted : when will this game die/anysystem
- Tiger Woods 2006 : more golf
- FIFA Soccer 06 : any system
DAOC-SOLD

Lieph (heal)/ Sapporo & Djur(Sham)/ Qute & Brail(SBs)/ Bulor (war)/ Blackroc (ska)/ Antigun & Antigunn (SMs)

WOW-SOLD

WAR- CLOSED BETA!

Supreem
Ass Jammer

Postby Supreem » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:00 pm

one of the biggest improvements of the XBOX360 over the current gen consoles is the fact that it supports HD. All the current gen titles were rendered at 640x480. In HD, Madden 06 runs at 1280x768 (or something like that) and it looks beautiful!
Wiredmessiah - Eve Online

:blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8:

killets
Ass Jammer

Postby killets » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:33 pm

almost all those xbox games have full live functionality.

bulor, i guess you just haven't fully experienced how awesome live is. it's the way consoles are supposed to do multiplayer.

and kotor came out on the pc months after it came out on the xbox. xbox release date: 7/17/2003, pc release date: 11/18/2003. i had already played through the game twice before the pc version came out.

as for ninja gaiden being merely an ultra-repetitive hack and slash, it's currently rated as the #3 best game of the year, only behind Resident Evil 4 (GC) and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (XBOX). Ahead of games like God of War (PS2) , GTA:SA(PS2) , Burnout Revenge (PS2/XBOX), etc..

and again, every game that is released on both platforms is simply much better on the XBOX. better graphics (better HD support/faster hardware), better multiplayer (xbox live), better performance (b/c of hard disk caching).

The XBOX 360 simply makes that gap even larger. who knows, maybe in a year sony might be able to put a product hopefully at least as competant. maybe not. either way, one is coming out in a month, the other is just vaporware as of now.
pink's dad and mom are conjoined at the waist.

friend to all bwc/scourn. like it or not.

Rishug
Incompetent To0l

Postby Rishug » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:25 am

the 300 dollar core system is for morons, it has no hard drive and a wired controller, thats about it. You already have to buy a 40 dollar memory card that is only 64 MB, compared to the 20 gig HD you get for 100$ more, plus you get a wireless controller, HD cables, remote, headset, and ethernet cable. Anyone who is going to buy a Xbox360, get the $400 one. I am not even sure why they sell the $300 one except so that they can make money off selling the accessories to people who didn't know the diff.

P.S. Live has a ton of great new features coming with the Xbox 360 launch as well, a bunch of them free.

Mourningblade
Crotch Pheasant

Postby Mourningblade » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:56 am

I played Gun on the 360 about 4 weeks ago at a vendor conference and I liked it.

and Black comes out in the first quarter of 06 for the 360. That looks to be a pretty decent FPS

I think Killets has it right tho, the live function is the biggest part of what I like about the 360.

hehe, I'm looking forward to playing 25 to life on live....

"I want to leave this world the same way I entered it....screaming and covered in someone else's blood."

killets
Ass Jammer

Postby killets » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:45 pm

Rishug wrote:the 300 dollar core system is for morons, it has no hard drive and a wired controller, thats about it. You already have to buy a 40 dollar memory card that is only 64 MB, compared to the 20 gig HD you get for 100$ more, plus you get a wireless controller, HD cables, remote, headset, and ethernet cable.

Totally agree with you there. The reasoning for the "basic" and "premium" package from what I read is that their research on european markets told them that the europeans were considerably more price sensitive towards the console price, and that the demand for hard drive wasn't as large there. I'm sure they will have smaller, but cheaper memory cards though, $40 seems a bit much.

What really sucks is right now you can only pre-order these bundles, and most of the bundles come with the "basic" package. seriously, wtf. I'm probably gonna wait in line at Target the day of release.
pink's dad and mom are conjoined at the waist.

friend to all bwc/scourn. like it or not.

Rishug
Incompetent To0l

Postby Rishug » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:56 pm

EB games is still taking reserves, but you are not for guaranteed to get one on launch day. Yeah, if you can't tell, I work at Gamestop :satisfied:

Amit
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Amit » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:40 pm

btw there are other games than the ones you listed coming out. those might be the ones available at release but games like the new morrowind which was a smash hit are coming out like a week later

Bulor
Ass Jammer

Postby Bulor » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:44 pm

morrowind sucked.
DAOC-SOLD

WOW-SOLD

WAR- CLOSED BETA!

Adida
Ass Jammer

Postby Adida » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:02 pm

gah all i hear about is 360 this 360 that who cares get the damn console and be done with it yes the 400 one is a better value but if you want the system on launch to get those extra items your total comes out to 475 unless you preordered you aren't getting it

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:03 pm

You can get a cheap pc for 300$ and do a hell of a lot more with it. :biggrin:

Joshll
Donkey Fucker

Postby Joshll » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:52 pm

I read a John Carmack industry speech where he said he had the early hardware for both, and that the xbox360 was magnitudes easier to code for. He said the PS3 was aimed at hugely multithreaded apps, which hasn't been games in the past and it was difficult to code multithreaded games. His opinion was that the PS3 was being aimed more as being a media center than a gaming platform.

He also said the real 360 games that actually take advantage of the new features are at least 9 months away and not to judge the systems by the early release games.

Every one has an opinion, but his carries some weight.

Xbox360 comes out first, and if it's easier to code for, thats where the developers will go. Thats how sony beat out Nintendo on the 2nd gen systems. The evil empire is going to win this one.

So with that in mind, I've got a 360 preordered for christmas for the kiddies. And Supreem I also preordered Madden.
retired

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:14 am

Well Carmack is just lazy. The hardware industry has moved to multiple processors/cores. The gaming industry needs to move as well.

If they spent as much time working on it as they did their shadows, they might get it done.

:huh:

Supreem
Ass Jammer

Postby Supreem » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:14 pm

hes talking smack... XBox 360 ha 3 processors and we utilize them to the fullest in our game (Madden 06) with multithreaded code.
Wiredmessiah - Eve Online

:blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8:

Return to “Gaming Discussion”