The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
aroep
Respectable Gimp

Postby aroep » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:29 pm

i might play on alb. i dunno. i have hibs on gareth right now.... bah.... bleh

Danny
L33t Boardwarrioring Assface

Postby Danny » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:34 pm

Don't know bout you guys and i aslo don't know how much my opinion means cuz i haven't really pvp'ed that much but on Alb/Gareth there seems to be an abundance of ass to kick. And it is futher enhanced by the fact that albs are the underdog. If any of you are gonna play there look me up on my friar named Catholicism. I'm not saying we should move and i don't think many would want to but pvp seems to have more action on gareth then lamorak. Just my 2 coppers.
Broheim-Lvl somthingorother Ranger
You wanna knock my teeth out cop? Well try it because I don't have any teeth! (SMILES)-Some drunk guy I arrested.
http://www.bitchmakemeasandwich.com

aroep
Respectable Gimp

Postby aroep » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:39 pm

im down for that. im makin an arms. MUST HAVE SHIELD AND 2H WITH DET/STOICISM. oh yeah. snapshot PWNS.

Psychotix
Oversized Douche Bag

Postby Psychotix » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:43 am

Tingtong wrote:
In all, I think the entire DAOC community has changed. I think the game has just been around too long and everyone who came back had something to proove and thought they were God's Gift to DAOC. However then the boot met the ass 95% of them vanished without a trace. I guess you can call it a Mordred affect, after all a bunch of them babling on the boards were from mordred.

THe thing about that quote is ... 8v8'ers like the 8v8 and only a certain type of group / group setup can really do well vs assjams and zergs which lamorak was plentiful with.

Lamorak would have been better with the old RA setup. Every group having SoS was just fucking stupid.

Back in the day you had your group and there was the "warder" zerg BUT that was ok if they hit ... they sucked ... easily CC'd and taken down by any group with a brain.

Now every single assjam is unable to be CC'd due to 10 min sos.

ToA made it bareble by adding speedwarps.

as far as the game evolving ... remember back in the day when you had that warder idiot zerg running around and they were such easy rps ... nowadays that zerg is still there BUT its more the alerion knight zerg and unicorn knights :P and its just not as easy anymore.

After playing Lamorak I actualy came to the conclusion that I liked ToA servers better.

I managed to get 9 Artis and get ml4 on my new warlock ( yea yea flame me now) in less time then it took me to farm darkspire all so many times for my arms temp. It's really not as bad as poeple make it out to be.

Joshll
Donkey Fucker

Postby Joshll » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:41 am

I like the no TOA servers. I like that the top players don't have 50 iwin tricks up their sleeves. Classic servers are simpler, and individual characters not as strong. It's a good thing, except the SOS dynamic like you said. Specially vs hibs who with 2 bards are guaranteed SOS virtually every fight. It was still fun. And a good alb group actually could compete. Not as much room for error though, and your sorc was guaranteed to die every single fight. LOL, poor Tiny.

I liked the fights. Agramon the first week was great.

Personally, I blame the mids. Goddamn fury zerg with a 14 troll assist train. I would have loved to take them on with a little zerg of my own, but all my guildmates quit on me.

Ding R5.

Now I wait for the Classic cluster, and then I'll RVR with your sorc.

And Lubu: You were right, we should have gone Gareth.
retired

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:49 am

:toothy10: Think they'll cluster the classics? That would be nice. :toothy10:
Gravelender AKA Elfdropper

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
-Bruce Lee

Jahman the blueberry Shaman - Dragonblight
Elfdroper - Merlin
Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Winke
Donkey Fucker

Postby Winke » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:45 am

Yea who would have thought Lubu to be right? whats the world coming down to?

I play Lubu's Zerk on Gareth and it's fun so far.

Winke

Mosthula
Oversized Douche Bag

Postby Mosthula » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:15 am

Dont know if Im up for rerolling Albion on a different classic server. I dont level as fast as most everyone else in BWC so it would be another 5 weeks for me to hit 50.

Wonder if multiplaying necros to powerlevel a char would work well. Trying to take a page from Ting's book if I do roll.
Cthulhu - 50 ML6 - Shadowblade - Merlin (Un-Retired)
Cliibhlibh - 50 ML6 - Shaman - Merlin(Ya I actually RvR with him)
Nosthu - 50 ML3 - Zerk - Merlin
Mosthula - 50 - Minstrel - Albion Lamorak (Retired)
Mosthula - 50 - Lurikeen Champ - Mordred (Retired)

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:34 am

Honestly bro, Just do TD's with nubs. It's just as fast a plvling honestly.

Augomatic
Pathetic Chode

Postby Augomatic » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:54 am

imo, alb is more difficult to "mass PL" than mid or hib.

Mids get the intercepting pet and AE stun.

Hibs get the focus shield on the chanter pet in the same level as the PBAE, so you just focus pull stuff then PBAE it down.

Albs don't get really either.

Not sure how well Necros would do levelling 1-50 as a PBAE group. The PBAE is lower delve, and the cast time is slower, plus the pet is just plain horribly weak at lower levels.

You could try doing it with Ice Wizzies, but they don't get intercepting pets, no AE stun, and no damage shield. You might be able to do it with some shield tanks /guarding you, but it would be tough.

The plus albs get is solo levelling w/ necro. Sight necro + any class is pretty fast to 50, but you can't really have more than one, maybe 2 chars grouped. On top of it, Sight necros do really well vs yellow/orange, but once you start hitting red (

Servant also hits a limit on this server in that you have to group the cleric. You can only really fight mass yellows/oranges, so that really reduces how many you can level at a time.

Mids and Hibs had piles of people at 50 before albs were close on both servers. Its just slower to do it as an alb no matter what you try.

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:57 pm

You can do it with Ice Wizzys, they just can't start PBAEing until the mobs are around 80-85% health and the tanks don't assist each other, they just all taunt multiple mobs. We were doing it in AC with just one Ice Wizzy, no CCing, and my Merc, and two pallys tanking, it went pretty fast for only having one AE class.
DAoC > WoW
Call me sir.

aroep
Respectable Gimp

Postby aroep » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:09 pm

i know a few tricks for leveling in ac.... actually just one for mass leveling, but that was on a toa server. not sure how well it would work here.

Blackrobe
Respectable Gimp

Postby Blackrobe » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:05 pm

QQ
Lancelot/Alb - Blackrobe - Level 50 RR11L1 Pally
Lancelot/Alb - Blackrobejr - Level 50 RR5L1 Heretic
Lamorak/Mid - Blackrobejrrrr Level 24 RR1L3 Shadowblade
Lamorak/Mid - Blackrobejrrr Level 43 RR1L2 Spiritmaster

Joshll
Donkey Fucker

Postby Joshll » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:55 pm

:stupid: Proud member of the Fury zerg?