DRAGON PLANNING

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics

What day of the week is best for a dragon raid?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 08, 2003 7:56 pm

Sunday
57%
Monday
No votes
Thursday
No votes
Saturday
14%
Friday
14%
Wed or Tuesday (the days ugnot cannot lead)
14%

Total votes: 14

Amit
Tripped Off the Short Bus

DRAGON PLANNING

Postby Amit » Wed Feb 26, 2003 7:54 pm

Anyone have info on a plan that has worked to kill him? Also post if you are interested in raiding him so I can get an idea of what numbers we have.

Firecroth
Ub3r Albino Board Troll

Postby Firecroth » Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:09 pm

need 100+ people actvily engaging the dragon. Need as many dark runies as you can spare. Need a RC runie to debuff the dragon. Once debuffed the dark runies can hit for around 200+ on the dragon. The dragon is 100% resistant to energy dmg making RC and Supp runies usless except for debuffing and bubbling, or using their base spec nuke. AE's are completly random on the dragons part. Need 2-3 tanks that are willing to jump off the dragon and drop the green con pets that she spawns. The 100+ part is the main thing. There is a huge difference in the amount of damage that can be done to her with under 100 vs over 100.
Firecroth Uberrunnie Dark RM {GM of Evolution}
Firehunter Kolby hunter
Firealchemist LGM Alchemist
Firehero Luri Mini moose - Bors

slawpy
Respectable Gimp

Postby slawpy » Thu Mar 06, 2003 1:55 pm

Last failed dragon raid had a lot of people trying to coordinate who's in the lair and who isn't and it was incredibly sloppy. At that raid, they said no cold based spells allowed or lifetaps, which directly argues with Firecroth's idea of tons of darkness runies. It's always been my understanding that people casting will cause the dragon to AE but I think that might only be for the hib dragon. I'm not entirely sure. Everyone was going off about how no supp bd's should use healing pets cuz they will cause the dragon to ae for some reason. I think that raid was based on a lot of hearsay. I wouldn't mind taking down the dragon but I think the planning has to be done quite well before engaging him.

I've also heard that standing on the mound while the dragon is gone will help him to not AE when he returns. I can see how that would make sense as running in 1 at a time would probably leave more room for error. After I figure out my SC suit tonight, I think I'll look for some guides and see what info I can discover that is concrete advice for taking down Mid dragon.
Madness in great ones should not unwatch'd go...

Return to “Gaming Discussion”