Battlegrounds? Good/Bad? Does WoW now have the BEST pvp?

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Joshll
Donkey Fucker

Postby Joshll » Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:17 am

It's too hard to get a guild group or AV zerg into the BG's without being willing to wait an hour to get started.
retired

heartless_
Keyboard Molesting Forum G33k

Postby heartless_ » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:57 pm

I was wondering if you still felt the same now?

IMO the battlegrounds are horribly implemented.

WSG rarely is used anymore on almost every server I have looked into. I found two servers that had WSG matches going at primetime out of 31 surveyed.

EDIT: WSG is just a waste of time with the exploits used in it :/

Alterac Valley is where the action is at and IMO it is a shitty BG. The "strategy" is to zerg under the closest graveyard to your enemies general within the first 5 minutes of the match. First zerg to win the graveyard wins the match.

90% of the time the Horde graveyard is under attack within 2 minutes of the BG starting because it is infinately easier to get to than Alliances Stonehearth because their is no major Horde NPC bases to run past. There is patrols and Stonehearth Fort directly in the way of the graveyard meaning the Horde drags 100's of guards with them.

This doesn't even cover the AFK bullshit Blizzard is fixing in the next patch. Soon as the game is pretty much over the losing side all /afk's out. Or if miracles happen on Azgalor and Horde manage to get a good start the Alliance just /afk out. While it makes for a pain free end of the match it gets annoying when your side constantly does it resetting the BG after you've waited hours in line to get in.

As mentioned earlier in this thread... Alliance side is horribly stacked to their favor. Unfortunately I've seen it a total of 3 times maybe... because I rarely get in a BG where horde has 40 people. Which brings me to my next point.

If one side only can bring in 20 people... LIMIT THE GOD DAMN OTHER SIDE TO 20. Nothing worse than knowing its over when you login to only 20 people vs 40. Soon as the enemy sees this its over.

People talk about organization being required to win the BG... well duh? But even then its getting to the point where most people know its IB and SH zerging. All the side objectives are just bonus honor that a 5 man takes out after the match is secured by the zerg.

I think there was too much of Joshll's original post about BGs orginally... like getting a new car and driving the shit out of it... only later finding out its just a junker with new paint.

WoW PvP is far from good and balanced in BGs. WoW PvP in the open field before BGs was much more exciting than DAoC... but DAoC's siege combat and keep fights are way better than WoW's BGs.

I have some more rants and fixes in my blog if you're intersted. But WoW BGs need a big fix before they are worth a damn.

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:27 am

Let's wait in line.

Joshll
Donkey Fucker

Postby Joshll » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:43 am

I came to agree with you, so I went back to DAOC for the classic servers.

DAOC PVP is horrible compared to Wow, but DAOC RVR is very fun to play again. <3 DAOC RVR, especially without the TOA imbalances.

If only Blizzard and Mythic could merge, and have blizzard do game balance and PVE, and institute DAOC's RVR system.
retired

heartless_
Keyboard Molesting Forum G33k

Postby heartless_ » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:01 pm

I'd of stuck with DAoC classic servers if leveling wasn't a PITA and the fact that Darkness Rising is TOA 2.0.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:13 am

heartless_ wrote:I'd of stuck with DAoC classic servers if leveling wasn't a PITA and the fact that Darkness Rising is TOA 2.0.

Just what they need!

:pee:
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:21 am

heart did you beta DR? or just hear?

I'm worried now

Nilbert500
Ass Jammer

Postby Nilbert500 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:28 am

well i dunno if it will be like toa, but i definately think ppl will buy the expansion and make use of it.
Rift: Seastone = Defiant (Nilbert)
Formally known as Nipples

Winke
Donkey Fucker

Postby Winke » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:34 am

Word is it's the same as TOA and what i am confused about as many other players are is why create classic servers when your going to release TOA 2? Answer=draw customers back and sell them TOA 2

Winke

Danny
L33t Boardwarrioring Assface

Postby Danny » Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:39 am

I don't see how you can be so sure its toa 2. Mythic has been extremely mute on the whole DR issue. I for one am going to wait to see what is the deal with it when it comes out. If it is toa 2 well i can go find another game, wonder what that new D&D game will be like to bad they won't have PvP at least not at release.
Broheim-Lvl somthingorother Ranger
You wanna knock my teeth out cop? Well try it because I don't have any teeth! (SMILES)-Some drunk guy I arrested.
http://www.bitchmakemeasandwich.com

Return to “Gaming Discussion”