1075 heal or 15 sec noninterruptable casting - Which? or not

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
killets
Ass Jammer

Postby killets » Fri Feb 21, 2003 6:04 pm

Pinketon wrote:Usually, everyone doesn't get hurt a set amount. I use battery usually when one caster is getting the beat down, and it's like instahealing just him.

This is also why Pinkerton is a noob, and why I'm the rank 6 cleric and not him :) You should almost always cast battery when you have it up, provided you aren't grouped with dumbasses. The timer starts counting the second you cast it, not when you're draining. And if you have battery up, it will heal people while you're mezzed. But if you're mezzed, you can't cast battery, so if it wasn't up before you got mezzed, tough shit.. hehe

In regards to healing just 1 person, this is the problem with battery:

People may not get hurt all at once, but that doesn't mean they don't do a lot of stupidass things to waste your battery.

1) Jumping off milegate, or falling off the stairs
2) Getting buffed
3) Run towards a milegate, get DoT'd, then run home crying
4) Being a dumbass
and yea, pink is a dumbass, but he's right about this:
5) It doesn't do shit for yourself.

There are a few positives on battery though:
1) The recast timer starts after you cast it. So if you cast it, and 30 min later your battery isn't used up (only possible if no 'tards drain it), you can cast it again immediately after your first battery is drained. So its almost like a 2140 battery (although in many cases, some retard drains yourbattery first).
2) It can heal while you're mezzed.

Overall though, 1 cast of spreadheal can heal for more than battery in most cases. I don't think super has the spreadheal though, so maybe battery is a better investment.

Pinkerton wrote:battery is like another insta.

MOC actually saves your groupmates lives cuz you can cast heals, but for a pac healer, i dunno. If you couldn't CC those bastards enough, then you're just a useless assface pac healer.

I have battery on my cleric, and it's damn nice, but since clerics can't stop people from porking them from behind, MOC is useful to them too.

Pink, unlike clerics, Pac Healers have 3 different types of CC. So if they purge or whatever, and they're on you, at the very least, you can MoC and root them.

Anyways, D, keep battery for now. I bet MoC isn't feasible until you're around rank 6 anyways.

Pinkerton
Incompetent To0l

Postby Pinkerton » Fri Feb 21, 2003 7:53 pm

well, maybe the fact that you have like 50 days of play time with killets, and I have like 2.17 on farlane would account for the rp difference. :P

whether to cast battery right away or not is a heated debate. The timer isn't that long, and is usually reset every fight or every other fight if you use it when needed.

People wasting it? happens all the time. what I always see is people jumping off things, and also, getting in fights like 8 vs 3 where you're gonna own them anyways, but the group takes some damage and wastes a lot of the battery. In those situations, what's the point of having a timer closer to finished if the battery you had was wasted? I like to use it when it's needed, and it gives me time to queue a spreadheal with both of my instas still in tact when we get surprised.

You should all also keep in mind that killets won bronze in the special olympics. Way ta go champ!!

Yes, MOC could help CC in emergencies when super has someone on him, but is that situation worth the points? I don't think so.

Anyways super, just more opinions. hook it up yo.
killets' mom has one arm. she swims in circles.

SuperHelix
A Salty Surprise

Postby SuperHelix » Sun Feb 23, 2003 5:45 am

I got BOL, I like it :)
Gundorf the uber

Return to “Gaming Discussion”